Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which EP(s) should I get

Hello all,

So here are the EPs I don't own yet and my dilemma :
  • Supernatural : I'm not a huge fan of occult sims tbh. I have LN and vampires are okay I guess but I already know I won't like werewolves for sure from what I've seen in gameplay videos on youtube, but I might like witches and fairies? I don't know. I guess the question is : are there other features that make it worth buying? Also is the EP buggy?
  • Pets : I don't like pets in RL and in-game lol Taking care of them takes too much time that I don't have. So same question as above : are there features other than pet related stuff that make it worth buying?
  • Island Paradise : the only reason I haven't bought this EP is because I'm afraid it might break my game. But I did see that there's fixes, do they actually work?
  • Into The Future : I don't even know what this EP is about so any info would be great
  • Showtime : I just don't see what it brings to the table when you already have LN. I mean sure there's the new careers but I know I'm not gonna use Simport (?) so is there even a point? Does the EP come with anything other than those new careers?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Which EP(s) should I get 39 votes

Supernatural
33%
pajamajam07GabbyGirlJsikasika18BlackSandRsandaannaliese39dorcsyfulSheepilingKNORearBrandontaylorSERVERFRAliizzys1302Holaheye 13 votes
Pets
20%
alejandro15039zagboorulesemorrillAstroBerryCharmingTalonflareRememberJoydreamyari 8 votes
Island Paradise
41%
jaletu2005JeansooAquariusMomCravenLestatSweetieWright_84adamzaid--ginafz9l-BreazonaDestin2016comicsforlifeClarionOfJoySAEldarinBradyGalaxyizecsonCheetahAlyssaLief 16 votes
Into The Future
5%
TeeSeaCait_lyn 2 votes
Showtime
0%

Comments

• RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    Supernatural
    Supernatural has one of my favourite worlds, Moonlight Falls. It has lots of empty spaces for me to place my lots in so I like the world. It has some cool goth style furniture and objects if you are into that. Also has a lot of plants, and beekeeping if you want to enhance your gardening experience. There is also a gem cutter. Also has small interactions like skipping stone in the ocean, checking under the bed for monsters etc. These are all the stuff that I have in my mind that doesn't have occults in it. Also as far as I noticed the EP is not buggy at all.

Pets is literally pets as far as I know so if you are not into that I don't think this should be your first pick. I also don't use pet stuff and this pack only serves as a large stuff pack for me.

Isla Paradiso itself is a buggy world but you can install other custom worlds that has its features and enjoy the pack this way (That's what I did). I never managed to fix Isla Paradiso to a state where it is actually playable, no matter how much I tried. Even if nothing works out, again it can serve as a big stuff pack, and I really like the resort feature of the game which you can use in any world.

With Into the Future you can travel to the Future World. It is a nice looking world with nice looking lots so I enjoy staying there occasionally. You can change the future between 3 states (Distopian, Utopian, Normal) with each having some unique stuff to do. If you want modern looking objects in your game this EP is also cool with that. It has almost every object in a futuristic way. Like it has an easel that produces holographic paintings, holographic pets, holographic plants, sonic showers, holographic TV etc. Has some cool looking transport options like jetpacks, hoverboards, flying cars. You can have glass roofs (Not a full blown fleshed out feature, it is done with objects). You can place anything that requires it to be on a soil inside with soil rugs. These include plants, rocks, trees etc. Plumbots are easily the most fleshed out occult in the entire game, with their own traits and lots of customization options. That is what I remember about ITF from the top of my head. I like this pack because I like Sci-Fi stuff and I enjoy the gameplay and some occasional references to stuff like Back to the Future and Doctor Who. You said you didn't know that much about this pack so I went a little overboard with some details, hopefully this should be good enough.

Showtime I guess can also be fun with its new world, and some of the objects like karaoke machine, dominoes and other stuff? I honestly don't like this pack that much but it is fun if you are playing with its features for the first time. Also it has genies which I enjoy.

I would probably pick Supernatural because for me it is the most fleshed out pack in this list. Pets is also equally fleshed out but I just don't like Pets, and they can cause some routing issues in problematic worlds. If I were to pick I would first pick Supernatural, then Into the Future, then Island Paradise, then Pets, then Showtime.
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited September 2020
    Island Paradise
    @ingridmf First off even if you absolutely refuse to mess with a IP fix you can do every single little thing from that aside from finding a hidden island and deep diving wherever there is water.So if you have Sunlit Tides even Sunset Valley you can boat there,paddleboat there jet ski there,windsurf there and snorkel there.You can start a Hotel there and raise it from a single star junk hole to a 5 star resort etc etc.

You can even live on an island in SV

An example these really are simple

aCVJZcR.png

This I just made in SV a few days ago

dLt3Z5G.png

Can lay on beach towels and put up umbrella and read everywhere
    Build sandcastles play in the sand
    Can be a mermaid even in SV
    Pool bars can be used any pool even your house
    Pool slides used anywhere you want
    All in one bathrooms are just a must a one square sized shower toilet opens up soooo many tiny living home options.
    Plus IP has great clothes and hair and the spawners also can be used anywhere so if you want to check SVs beaches for seashells to collect you can.

I see why others say SN and it is great but you seem to say you prefer realism.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    Island Paradise
    i have all exepct all expect pets and into the future is my least fav pack i choose this island paridso or whatever its called becuase you can replay it more then once and hotels are fun
  • ingridmfingridmf Posts: 67 Member
    Thank you for your replies!

@berginon thanks for the breakdown, that helped a lot!
    • From what you said Pets is def out of the question lol
    • Seems like with ITF, it would be nice to visit each state like once but knowing me, I'd get bored very easily. I love modern furniture though, High End is my absolute fave SP and probably the one I use the most. Not sure about the futuristic stuff, I like my gameplay to still keep a level of realism.
    • As for IP, using a CC world would indeed be the perfect way to enjoy the features without having to deal with the glitches/lag/routing issues the town has so I'll keep that mind!
    • SPN : Looks like there are other features so good! Since you seem to enjoy the EP a lot, which occult is your fave and why?

@CravenLestat That does look beautiful :D I do prefer realism if I'm being honest, that's why I always hesitated buying SPN. Plus it looks like the only "bad" thing about the EP is the town it came with. So i can just use a custom town and still enjoy all the features it came with.

@Lief Noted!

AAHHHH this is hard, I'm kinda leaning towards IP as of now but we'll see!
    Island Paradise
    @ingridmf I know it sounds silly but that all in one bathroom really does change the game,and it is realistic looking like a bathroom you would see in a RV or tiny living house.Only takes up one square so your shower/toilet are taken care of so start planning all kinds of new houses now.

DfydFiZ.gif
    Seems like it's between SN and IP, I might just go ahead and get both lol
    Island Paradise
    ingridmf wrote: »
    Seems like it's between SN and IP, I might just go ahead and get both lol

WPC3Vz6.gif

I second that vote to get both.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    Polls like this one remind that I still haven't been to Isla Paradiso, not even a single time. Which is even more remarkable because I have looked at lots of custom worlds, and last not least, it's the default choice for "Start a new game". Hmm...

Must be some kind of mental block :lol:
  • KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    edited September 2020
    Supernatural
    Supernatural has a lot of great build items, in particular the planter bowels which are lifesavers if you like to garden. Also seconding the fact that Moonlight Falls is a great world and one of my favorites. I’d also give witches and fairies a chance because they are pretty awesome to play. Lastly, Supernatural is a low maintenance expansion pack that doesn’t have any big problems besides Zombies, but even without mods If you set the moon to one phase ( not full) you can avoid them.
    @KNORear I LOVE gardening. I'm currently playing my legacy family and all of them always max out the gardening skill before they die. So that's definitely good to know.

Regarding IP, do you guys have worlds that include its features and are actually playable? I've seen some but they usually include EPs I don't have (usually Pets & Showtime) as well as store items.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Island Paradise
    Island Living, as others mentioned, has resorts and it also allows you build diving lots and resorts in other worlds. My memory is fuzzy because I haven't played it in years. I've only been back to playing since this past weekend. The CAS assets, as far as I remember, are pretty good, as well as Build/Buy.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    @ingridmf - It's a slippery and dangerous slope. I, like you, started out by saying, "Oh...I don't need this expansion pack...no I don't need to get it because there's nothing in there that I really figure that I'll use." BWA HA HA HA HA HA... That teaches me to think... An year and a half later, I am searching out the store and the rest of the Stuff Packs...including the much maligned Katy Perry Sweet Treats (just to be a completionist)
    dontsaynever.jpg
    ...and yes, I know. I have worlds to complete too.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I came here to rave about supernatural. I didn't buy any of the other expansions listed tbh, but I remember how much fun I had playing :)
    I even got the expansion when they had the peashooter from Plants Vs. Zombies - that was a hoot! lol

Even thought the occult wasn't as fleshed out as the vampires are in ts4, 3 had more occults! Fairies, zombies, and werewolves were so fun!
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
    @Nikkei_Simmer Haha I feel you. But I do think there are some EPs and SPs I'll just never get lol An easy example is Pets because I just don't like them IRL and in-game so there's no point. As for SPs I already own all the ones I find interesting but I might be tempted to buy more in the future, that's for sure. Regarding store items, I never had any interest in them and I don't think that will be changing anytime soon but who knows, I might develop an obsession :D
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Supernatural
    One of the best features with Sims 3 is that you can turn off the Occults that you don't want. As for the creepy zombies just set the lunar moon to only the 1st phase.
    Moonlight Falls is such a beautiful World with many lots to choose & build on. Plus the game won't freeze up.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Island Paradise
    Island Paradise is the most granular expansion packs for TS3 in my opinion, pets comes as a second.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    And now SN & IP are tied :D

@izecson What do you mean by "granular"?
  • --ginafz9l---ginafz9l- Posts: 330 Member
    Island Paradise
    I voted IP, but SN is a good choice too! Aside from gameplay, they both have some really great furniture/decor items. I had to install a mod for SN to disable the zombies because they got on my nerves, and I know a lot of people used a fix for the IP world (though I didn't, and it tended to run fine with less lag than the LN world)
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Island Paradise
    If you remove or set all the houseboats to no visitors allowed, then lagging will be gone. I already saved Isla this way, and always use this saved file. If you want to live on houseboat, then only active household should be fine because the reason of the lag is coming from route failure of inactive households live in the houseboats, include Medina household in land. Some of the houses in land also has route failure. I fixed this myself, then almost no lagging in my game. And you can enjoy wind surfing, water ski..etc.. It's so funny even without resort managing. I like to work as a lifesaver in Isla paradiso.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Island Paradise
    In addition, I like SN and also like Show Time too. Because it looks like there are only 3 professional jobs but actually there are many items in it. Rodeo, Mini Golf set, Pool, Photo booth, Karaoke, Domino Game, Arcade Games, etc..
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Island Paradise
    the only thing thats bug is the world the rest of it is fine
    more for sim kids and more drama please