Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What’s your favourite Sims game and what is your playstyle?

Put your game in your reply, if any! Why do you play it? What about it suits your style?

What’s your favourite Sims game and what is your playstyle? 51 votes

Family play.
25%
Jderrick094CynnaAquariusMomlisasc360TeeSeaadamzaidLatinaBunnyKatNipTamakiSakura84simesmerizedsuvoltaCavapoo_Kingdreamyari 13 votes
Rotational play.
19%
SimburianCinebardeedles64Alwe1507OldeseadoggepopstarsleySimmerGeorgeSimyimDuvelinanotthatbellagoth 10 votes
Non-Legacy Challenges (i.e. 100 baby challenge)
0%
CAS / Photo Simulator
0%
More than one
43%
Cabelle1863Shellyrae593Nadja55Paryalanmichael1smurf45bluetaydevBabykittyjadetexxx78snowgirly22luxsylvanKayeStarClarionOfJoyChicklet453681BrandontaylorSERVERFRAizecsonBecka28SleepstarPotsae 22 votes
Other, comment
11%
PlayerSinger2010simgirl1010Bettyboop55CAPTAIN_NXR7SimsophoniqueNikkei_Simmer 6 votes

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2020
    More than one
    All of the above. It's my shopping simulator in cc heaven. It's my dress up doll house. It's there for all my crazy building ideas. I love love family play but that would get boring without occults! And easy rotational play and house hold management let's me tell my story like a movie. Swapping out main and side characters.

Only thing I don't do is legacy or challenges.
    I'm probably the only simmer who has only had one in game kid since this game came out.πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
    I just play with the same toddlers/kids and sims over and over. for years....πŸ™ˆ
    Yep. I hate change in life lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Other, comment
    It is TS3. Loved TS2 but love TS3 more. The reason is simple and relates to play style. It varies according to mood. At the moment I am on a world building kick which includes building lots. I think once I reach the stage of populating my worlds then I will return to family play to test them properly. I could not do this with TS2 or TS4 or for that matter TS1.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Rotational play.
    My favorite game is the Sims 2..
    I love creating wacky stories that involve the whole neighborhood. This is why I always play rotationally. In order to get the story moving I have to change households often.

The Sims 3 is also awesome but it's more of a "bigger picture". You can see the whole world progress and if you don't really mind sims doing their thing, you can watch them and control some bigger things.
    Like population for example. One cool feature is having several ancestor families and leave the on story progression and see how the families and genetics blend with each other a few generations later. It's the best game to do that.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    More than one
    I start out playing, but then get distracted by needing to update the interior of my house (my sims don't work, they use the magic and wonderful cheat of Motherlode) ...... every single time I start a new game.

When I do finally start playing, I am a realistic family player. I create stories in my head and play them out.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    More than one
    The Sims 3 - Mix of family play that starts with single sim who focused on self achievement first with a little bit of occult added later on, either the patriach or the first generation child become a vampire or werewolf.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    More than one
    I do a lot of family/rotational. But it's also very career/aspiration/goal oriented for each Sim in a family. Typically I'll have a favorite sim in a family I'll really focus on. All my sims have families, but it's very much secondary to their careers/aspirations.

Sims 2 is my favorite. I started but didn't complete a 100 baby challenge in 4 (lol I got to 8 and realized...yikes). 2 has a great balance of family, career, hobbies, and wacky fun stuff in the base game alone for me. Just adore it (and the music!). Special mentions to Medieval as well.

2 > Medieval > 1 > 3 and 4
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Rotational play.
    I usually like rotational live mode play but live mode feels so lacking, empty, and predictable that I usually just decorate houses now. πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™€οΈ
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    More than one
    I like both 2 & 3, which, as I mentioned before, I play for different reasons. Sims 2 offers the best in family play, I believe. I just love having huge families in TS2. I play 3 from a more "solo" experience, or, a couple.
    Also TS3 has the best gardening I reckon :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I β™‘ Pudding
  • SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    Rotational play.
    For the first year and a half I just played with the same couple, and upgraded them with the packs as I bought them (they moved to Forgotten Hollow and one of them became a vampire, then they moved to Sulani and the other became a mermaid... :D ). Occasionally I played with Caleb as well, as he was always sneaking into my house to play videogames and befriended my sims.

But then I started revamping other worlds with gallery buildings, and did tons of townie makeovers to play with different families. That’s when the real game started for me! Until them, I have been restricted to the towns I was living/vacationing, ignoring most features of the expansions. I didn’t know Brindleton Bay could be so beautiful until I started playing more on it, same as Strangerville or Windenburg! And having more detailed sims with new relationships inside the neighborhood made my game way richer. The downside is that the game takes more to load in my 2012 Mac, but for me it’s worthy :).
  • SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    Rotational play.
    All of the above. It's my shopping simulator in cc heaven. It's my dress up doll house. It's there for all my crazy building ideas. I love love family play but that would get boring without occults! And easy rotational play and house hold management let's me tell my story like a movie. Swapping out main and side characters.

Only thing I don't do is legacy or challenges.
    I'm probably the only simmer who has only had one in game kid since this game came out.πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
    I just play with the same toddlers/kids and sims over and over. for years....πŸ™ˆ
    Yep. I hate change in life lol

Hahahaha same here! :D
  • PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    More than one
    For me the game dictates my play style. When I discovered The Sims 2 I wanted to play one family for generations but I hated the frozen world so I settled for rotational play. With time I started to love it too. Then The Sims 3 came out and I was overjoyed with an ability to properly play one family through time. When it comes to The Sims 1 I just constantly play one at most two characters.
    I don't think I have a favourite. Everything depends on the plot that I envision. If it is something global I go for The Sims 3 because I want to see the world outside my sims evolve on its own. If it is something local then The Sims 2 allows me to micromanage it better. Love both.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Rotational play.
    The Sims 2. I have been a rotational player since TS1. I can't play a legacy nor a challenge or scripted play. I play my entire neighborhoods. I micromanage everything. It's been rare I play any premades since the early days of TS2 just to see their story line (backstory). I have never stuck with any backstory Maxis created. I have always 'challenged everything'. I have played all four iterations and TS2 remains at the top of my list.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Other, comment
    Sims 3
    My playstyle: Total Insanity
    Why the heck do you think I do THIS to my sims?
    Screenshot-127_nuke3.png
    Screenshot-23.jpg

That's why Sims 4 doesn't do anything for me. It doesn't cater to my playstyle at all. I want to tell my own stories instead of being in a "happy happy joy joy..." "fight my sims for every bloody serious looking expression that I can get out of them" situation and have to stop them from implementing their stupid "Monty Python did it much better" Ministry of Silly Walks.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    More than one
    1. Timeline Eras: Prehistoric, Renaissance, 20th Century & Futuristic

2. Themes: Doctor Who, X-Men Storm, Star Trek, Batman & Batgirl, Good/Bad Angels, Dracula, Original Charmed Sisters, Once Upon A Time, Stargate, 1977s Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys, Quantum Leap, Pocahontas, Aladdin/Jasmine, Snow White, Cinderella, Pride & Prejudice, Northminaster Abby, Pixie Seasonal Fairies, Apocalypse Warrior Woman &
    Star Wars households based on the Movies.

3. Builds: Starship House, Sky Houses, Treehouse, Cave Home, Outdoor Home, Bat House, Lighthouse, Castles, Palaces, Manors, Cottages, Towers, Teepees, Huts, Cabins,
    Underground Homes, Pyramid House, Roman/Greek House, Dark Gothic Homes, Light Heavenly Homes, Underground Water Home, Beach House, Sailing Ship Home, Summer Shack, & a variety of Landscapes.

4. Sims 4 Crazy/Funny Stories:
    Black Widow,
    Male Sim giving birth to Alien Babies,. Sim woohoo in different areas.
    Sim Serial Marrying.
    Sim woohoo with Grim Reaper & a Ghost.

5. Hybrids: Alien/Vampire, Spellcaster/Mermaid, Vampire/Spellcaster/Alien/Mermaid.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    More than one
    I play families but also individual sims in a rotation with aging on, so i also have a generational kind of play :)
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited September 2020
    Family play.
    i think the sims 3 still is the best sims game made to this day imo, dont get me wrong the sims 4 is great and i like it alot for what it is but thesims 3 just feels way more open ended i have way more fun playing it instead of 4, i could go on for hours comparing both these games pros and cons but u guys most likely know them if u played both games of the franchise but i personally prefer sims 3 cuz im a very family oriented player and i feel like the sims 3 has way more complex family play than what the sims 4 offers in terms of family play IMO and the sims 2 is a great game i got addicted to from time to time but i never rlly got too deep into it cuz the game is so laggy on my laptop for some reason.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    More than one
    I build houses and lots for Sims (So far I have built three Community lots; two in Sunset Valley and one in Riverview. Two of the three are Community Gardens while one of the lots is a Golf Course; the Sunset Valley Community Garden and the Golf Course is still unfinished, however, the Riverview Community Garden is finished). I create Sims (whether that would be Sims based on fictional characters or Sims based on my own OC's. Some examples of the former include Finnick Odair and Annie Cresta from The Hunger Games Trilogy and Emmy Altava from Professor Layton, while the majority of remaining Sims are based on my own OC's. Several Sims I created for a particular fandom have been given revamps: Florence Mather and Keanu Thompson are based on two of my old Fandom characters I created many years back; when I decided to create Sim versions of the two, I decided to make Florence a Fairy and Keanu a Witch, but decided to abandon the Witch idea, so instead of being a Witch as he originally was, Keanu was instead made human; I also gave him the "Friendly" Trait); I play mostly stories but doa Legacy from time to time, so my playstyle is varied.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Family play.
    Oh, I missed that option, More Than One.

I am Rotational and Family Player. πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§β€πŸ‘¦πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘§β€πŸ‘¦πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘¦πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§ I like playing with multiple families, who are varied and usually have Sims children of various ages.

My favorite Sims game would have to be Sims 2. It has the most charm and details for me and I can do home businesses and not worry about story progression as much, etc.

(Sims 3 would be a favorite if it had details and charm from Sims 2, the toddlers from Sims 2 and Sims 4, more populated lots and fixed worlds, and more functioning home businesses and restaurants like Sims 2 business pack. I loved the supernaturals/occults from Sims 3 and love its very ambitious design and its lovely worlds and detailed packs.)

Sims 4 is a favorite of mine as well, but the AI and details are still lacking compared to past games. I love it though, and have been playing it the most.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    Rotational play.
    Sims 3 remains my favorite. I'm still finding aspirations, jobs, collections and things I never fully explored.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited September 2020
    Family play.
    I'm a family player at heart. I play one family per save. When the children start to grow up and to move out, I play their households as well. I don't play by a schedule. The household that I play is determined by what's currently going on with the family as a whole. Different Sims come to the forefront at different times.

In the end, TS3 is still the game that most suits my playstyle the most and it remains my favorite game in the franchise. Each of my Sims feels distinct and has a whole host of aspirations, activities, and careers to choose from that suits their personalities. I love that whenever I get the entire family together, the interplay of their varied personalities is always evident.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • dreamyaridreamyari Posts: 41 Member
    Family play.
    The day I learn to play something other than a family/legacy will go down in history. I have so much respect for people with creative single sim gameplay, I could never.
    β˜† it is only with the heart that one can see rightly β˜…
    ❀ advocate + founder of TS3 Renaissance
    - they/them -
    TS3 username; britishpinkkitty
    Κœα΄€Κ€α΄˜α΄‡Κ€ ΚŸα΄‡Ι’α΄€α΄„Κ; https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/981894/harper-legacy#latest
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    More than one
    My favorite game is Sims 3. Never thought about a certain play style. Maybe storytelling? Lots of my sims have a background in my mind.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif