Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like a Sims 4 Spin-off (or an Expansion) of the Sims Medieval?

Comments

• Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Spin-Off (The Sims Medieval 2)
    An expansion won't work as well as a fully dedicated game so I think a spin-off will provide the best gameplay
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Expansion (The Sims 4 Get Medieval)
    OMG YES!!!
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    If I want a sim-medieval type of game I play Crusader Kings 3. Problem solved.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Nope, that's not for me
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Spin off. I liked sims Medieval but I'd prefer it to be even closer to the Sims style. it wasn't quite the same. While I wouldn't mind at all getting some Medieval stuff in the main game, and even hope they do release something like that, a Spin off would be better, as I'd likely want to keep that content in its own save game and world anyways.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    No to all options
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Dijktafone wrote: »

I'm having fun with it but sometimes I want to do "ordinary" stuff in a medieval setting too.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    absolutely. I still play it though I wish graphics were improved
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    ladybreid wrote: »

@ladybreid the Sims Medieval has pretty good graphics for its time. Are you sure you're playing in HD resolution?
  • Options

@ladybreid the Sims Medieval has pretty good graphics for its time. Are you sure you're playing in HD resolution?
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    I would prefer it to be a spin off. I wouldn't mind an into the past expansion pack however of much older cultures. It would be neat for Sims to live during a time without technology and cell phones and basically not during the AD time period. A time traveling pack would be neat because Sims could even play with dinosaurs if they wanted to. I felt like Get Famous and Get Together covered a lot of Medieval content already.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member

I'm playing it on the highest settings it has I have a 27 inch monitor and it just looks "ok" for its time sure its fine but I'd still love it to look better
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Just put it in The Sims 4. It would be great! I could rebuild Willow Creek or Windenburg to fit the time. I am doing Oasis Springs for SW now.
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited September 2020

I'm having fun with it but sometimes I want to do "ordinary" stuff in a medieval setting too.

You mean summoning and banishing Cthulhu, than marrying your horse who gives you an heir who dabbles in necromancy and marries a rather suspicious witch who gives birth to the sort of child you're almost required to name Damien who goes on to become emperor of Rome, dethrones the Pope and proclaims himself Pope isn't everyday?

(Although most of that is only possible in CK2)
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member

You mean summoning and banishing Cthulhu, than marrying your horse who gives you an heir who dabbles in necromancy and marries a rather suspicious witch who gives birth to the sort of child you're almost required to name Damien who goes on to become emperor of Rome, dethrones the Pope and proclaims himself Pope isn't everyday?

Looks like another day at the office to me :)
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2020
    Not from this dream team.
  • Options
    charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    I personally wouldn't buy it, but I think the spin-off is the best bet because of the game play for that series. IMO if Star Wars went that route it wouldn't have gotten so much hate. Some games, even if they are in Sims style should be one offs with no connection to Sims 4 and its DLCs.
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Nope. Neither. Medieval was iconic and sims 4 cannot do it justice in an EP. A spin-off could be okay...maybe...but I don't see the point because I felt medieval was a very solid game. I wouldn't change it, personally.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I would be happy with either. But since we already have a Sims 3 spin off, I would like to have an expansion pack so I can actually combine the content with the rest of the game.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    If it was separate from the main game I wouldn't mind as they did with Sims 2 and 3 using some of their assets while capable of playing outside the main game and more attention can be focused on the standalone and looking at the Star Wars packs the pack in some sense was hamstringed by the game's limitations as well as some restrictions that could have been avoided.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Personally, I'd prefer an expansion, but I think it might benefit a lot more from being a stand alone spin-off game. I don't know how they would incorporate all the modern gadgets sims use for their day to day activities in a medieval setting, but I would love it as an expansion. Finally, the Knights' Night at the bars will make sense.
  • Options
    LeCastelLeCastel Posts: 21 Member
    Where is the option for neither :)
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited September 2020
    I don't need the scripted gameplay that was offered by the orginal version. If made into an expansion, that is what I fear they would do as has been the trend with some themed packs. While I do have a royal family save, so far mods abd cc have helped keep it sandbox style.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited September 2020
    Why not both?
    Scobre wrote: »
    I would prefer it to be a spin off. I wouldn't mind an into the past expansion pack however of much older cultures. It would be neat for Sims to live during a time without technology and cell phones and basically not during the AD time period. A time traveling pack would be neat because Sims could even play with dinosaurs if they wanted to. I felt like Get Famous and Get Together covered a lot of Medieval content already.

well yeah i don't think it should be "medieval" theme per say for TS4 since we can already build castles and tudor and there is some cas content that fits

but they could make ancient china themed pack for example or some other time periods,maybe even decades or the dinos as you suggested

I just feel that ts4 focuses too much on modern techy themes they need to start adding the opposite themes
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member

Haha, that sounds fun! I find that CK3, like its predecessor, involves a lost of fast-forwarding then slowing down to take actions. It's a different kind of game to Sims and while I enjoy the increase in RPG elements, I'd love a game that is more like a regular sims game than Medieval was. I'd like to be able to build better medieval houses, and not worry about modern tech breaking in. I suppose as well, doing everyday activities in Medieval is less fun than it might have been because you are pushed to do quests and job tasks all the time.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.