Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Have Low Expectations for EP10

It’s probably going to be mediocre at best. I’m not getting my hopes up. I haven’t been excited for an expansion pack since Island Living. Although a lot of people wanted Discover University, I didn’t care for it, and I’m only just now starting to warm up to Eco Lifestyle (but still not enough to buy it). What do you think?

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I loved Discover University. I enjoyed Eco Lifestyle. Honestly, they could’ve done away with the NAP thing and it would’ve been better.

I’m looking forward to this next pack.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    I’m always curious about the next DLC’s, but I don’t really set any expectations for new content. That way I can’t be disappointed when it turns out to be something I wasn’t hoping for. At least it’s a surprise. Looking forward to seeing a teaser!
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    It would be in keeping with packs being in keeping with 2020's general theme (excepting NK). Hopefully it will be something good though.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Expecting mediocre at best. I've school, story writing, and ship building to keep me busy, so not concerned about it.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    I've never seen a pack I didn't like. And that includes KPSP, MFSP, and JTB. So yeah I'm excited for EP10. 👍
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Start without expectation, at all. Just ditch it. Come to new content with an open mind and ask simply "which of these features or assets can I use?" Managing expectations is step one to avoiding disappointment.

A murder mystery is new and different. I look forward to seeing what all is involved. I am trying NOT to anticipate, because Golden Age Detective Fiction is one of my things, and I know that those not similarly dedicated are almost certain to break unwritten rules of the genre... But I won't let that stand in the way of game play I enjoy. We'll see what all is involved, when we know more.

Deciding "I already hate it" is simply an unproductive stance of mind. You are cheating yourself.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    They'll probably give us a bar,a gym and a library with 2 houses,an empty lot and the rest will be 98% useless deco buildings.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah I agree to come with each pack without any expectations. Hype alone has been a curse for the Sims franchise. I would recommend checking Twitch over Youtube videos for packs, that way there isn't editing involved with playing the Sims 4.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Sindocat Where have you been?! The murder mystery thing was proven a hoax like a week ago!
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 889 Member
    Since I don't know what the next pack is going to be, I have no expectations of it right now.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I hope they‘re playing it safe. No more experiments, no more „never done before“. Just give us generations, hotels, bands, cars.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I havent been absolutely blown away by an EP since Get Famous. Discover University is good. Eco Living is...okay...though Ive had to get a mod just to get Sharing is Caring under control. But this year in general just hasnt been very exciting for me in terms of packs. I have no idea what's the theme for EP 10, but please let it be good. PLEASE.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    Since I don't know what the next pack is going to be, I have no expectations of it right now.

DITTO!

The thing is for me is I haven't been excited with ANY of the packs this entire year, I'm just going to assume it will be another pack that doesn't interest me and wait another 6 months for the next "unwanted" pack to release.
  • quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    I have good expectations, it will be the pack of the packs for sims 4.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    I keep thinking it's going to be something to do with romance and/or winter destination weddings. But after Batuu, I feel like it could be absolutely anything. Usually EPs cover more down-to-Earth, leaning-toward-realistic themes. So I'm expecting it to have a much more positive general response than Star Wars did.

I'm definitely curious, anyway.
    #Team Occult
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @Sindocat Where have you been?! The murder mystery thing was proven a hoax like a week ago!
    Thank God!!!!!!!
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    I'm honestly hoping that it's a never-been-done-before EP (we could all use a new perspective) BUT it has to be one that appeals to your average slice-of-life Simmer (since most of us are apparently just that). And with a substantial bug-squashing patch that fixes everything that's been broken since EL.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    I just want simple & nothing experimental that many won’t care for (look at JTB). Is that a lot to ask for ? /:
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    You have expectations?

The last packs I remember being excited for are Realm of Magic and Island Living, and that was for the sake of the supernaturals. I stopped having expectations long ago, and if I hadn't, JTB would've killed them anyway.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited September 2020
    I can't even say what my expectations are. There have been packs in the past that I was very much looking forward to and ultimately disappointed by (Cats & Dogs), and others that I was pretty neutral/meh about, but ended up loving (Eco Lifestyle). One of the last things I expected was a Star Wars pack, yet that's what we got, so anything is possible.

As for the last packs I was really excited for, that was Realm of Magic for GPs and Seasons for EPs (which seems like it came out an eternity ago). But unlike many others, I also don't think 2020 was a complete disaster so far (at least not when it comes to TS4), and as I said, sometimes packs do surprise me, so whatever it is, I'll try to be open-minded about it. (At least it can't get any worse after Star Wars... or does that count as an expectation??)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    I don't have much hope that it will be good. I'm more interested to see if Maxis will fix their bugs that they have caused. And also what their new skin tones will look like.

There are so many other games that are getting released now as well.

I might be interested if it something that involves teens, like a high school pack, or if it comes with a car update.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    They'll probably give us a bar,a gym and a library with 2 houses,an empty lot and the rest will be 98% useless deco buildings.

And it'll be a best seller.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    It’s probably going to be mediocre at best. I’m not getting my hopes up. I haven’t been excited for an expansion pack since Island Living. Although a lot of people wanted Discover University, I didn’t care for it, and I’m only just now starting to warm up to Eco Lifestyle (but still not enough to buy it). What do you think?

That's the way to go. Expect the least and you might, just might get a pleasant surprise. I'm always a pessimist and only now finding out what I can do with University a couple of packs later. Eco Lifestyle I need a manual for but I'm determined to defeat the odds and win without going a bit mad because thieves are everywhere. Sulani has gone off the grid in a big way too, cutting off my electricity whenever I need it, Batuu is providing a pleasant interlude of just ticking the boxes!

What I need as the next Expansion is a gentle one, fixing the bugs and easy to use and plan in. I don't even care if it frees the babies!