Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Should I Buy?

2...Next

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Other (Please leave a reply.)
    Stardew Valley. Sandbox game and no paid DLC.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Scobre I actually already have that game, but I got bored quickly.
    edited September 2020
    Ah ok cool. Eco Lifestyle is a fun pack especially if you like farming. Nifty Knitting and Tiny Living are both good packs that came out this year too. Parenthood is my favorite GP, but Vampire and Realm of Magic are great packs for building and supernatural gameplay. I enjoy Island Living for gameplay too especially with watching the toddlers play in the ocean. I am enjoying Star Wars pack more than Dine Out and Outdoor Retreat and the bulk of stuff packs, but I'm a sci-fit nerd and oldbie fan of the original franchise.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Build a Bundle now, including Star Wars
    Eco Lifestyle does not even work correctly. I have this pack disabled.

I got the Star Wars pack and I am totally rebuilding Oasis Springs in a new save. I am having a lot fun fun with it. CAS and build (debug) mode are worth it imo. I have not been to Batuu yet but I have already used this pack more than EL. Redressing all the townies and premade Sims in the new clothing was fun. You can get a lot of the Batuu builds off the gallery or copy them yourself when you visit. I got 3 Sims almost ready to go to Batuu when I am finished building. I need to work on some skills for these new Sims before I take them to Batuu.

EL was a total disappointment for me. I wanted to go industrial but can't do this without mods. NAPs have to be off because they are a huge pain. The major selling points of the pack don't work.

Nifty Knitting just allows me to download CC rocking chairs. I usually make one Sim in my household knit but once my Sims makes everything I want for the house and CAS I take the kitting away. I have to take the basket out of their inventory or that's all they do. I don't care for the furniture style but the cc coming out is amazing.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims Medieval.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Honestly, the only joy I've been getting out of the game is downloading CC. I wouldn't even buy a new pack myself, now.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Wait for a sale, buy Eco Lifestyle and Nifty Knitting, and then wait for more new packs before making a bundle
    There's a part of me that says "Build a bundle". Because I already have Eco-Living, I'm waiting to see what the upcoming EP is gonna be, as it gives me an excuse to buy the SW GP I have no interest in, but am curious about, and I still need about five of the Stuff Packs. But, the sales that go on every couple of months or so are far better than any bundle discount.
    Man, there are a lot of salty simmers in the comments. If you hate The Sims 4 so much, why are you on The Sims 4 General Discussion?
    @Missmagoo2 Can you please explain this to me? A lot of people talk about downloading CC like it’s a gameplay feature, but to me it’s just a necessity for historical play and I see no use for it in modern and realistic games. Then again, you may be one of those people who spends hours dressing a sim. (Meanwhile, I don’t really like CAS and focus more on the gameplay.)
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    Missmagoo2 Can you please explain this to me? A lot of people talk about downloading CC like it’s a gameplay feature, but to me it’s just a necessity for historical play and I see no use for it in modern and realistic games. Then again, you may be one of those people who spends hours dressing a sim. (Meanwhile, I don’t really like CAS and focus more on the gameplay.)
    Think of it kind of like downloading lots from other Simmers except that other Simmers tweak the code or look of the game. This is the site I started my mod/CC addiction. It is like shopping, but it is free. https://modthesims.info/browse/ts4/

This site has a group in the modding community that made user made packs which are cool:
    https://plumbobteasociety.tumblr.com/
    edited September 2020
    @Scobre I see. Well, I was never big on shopping, unless it's for chocolate. I'm currently cycling between 3-4 shirts and the same pair of leggings irl and all of my sims only have one outfit per category, so I don't see any benefit to adding CC to my game. Besides, it may decrease my game's performance, so the cons outweigh the pros.

Sorry if I sound agitated; I'm just anxious for unrelated reasons.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2020
    Wait for a sale, buy Eco Lifestyle and Nifty Knitting, and then wait for more new packs before making a bundle
    Man, there are a lot of salty simmers in the comments. If you hate The Sims 4 so much, why are you on The Sims 4 General Discussion?

Because it can be improved and most the people posting here don't hate it. They just want it to be better. Without feedback nothing will ever change. I love the game personally. It's my favorite iteration of the Sims so far but it's not living up to it's full potential.

The developers can do so much better than this but they're choosing not to at this point. They aren't even fixing bugs in a timely matter anymore and it's frustrating.
    edited September 2020
    Scobre I see. Well, I was never big on shopping, unless it's for chocolate. I'm currently cycling between 3-4 shirts and the same pair of leggings irl and all of my sims only have one outfit per category, so I don't see any benefit to adding CC to my game. Besides, it may decrease my game's performance, so the cons outweigh the pros.

Sorry if I sound agitated; I'm just anxious for unrelated reasons.
    No worries and ooh I love dark chocolate. It is ok, it has been a hectic week for me too thinking we might lose our home. It really helped me appreciate things more like Eco Lifestyle because it reminds me of many of the locations that were destroyed in fires recently. The pack is based off the Northwest, so hits home to me.
    @Missmagoo2 Can you please explain this to me? A lot of people talk about downloading CC like it’s a gameplay feature, but to me it’s just a necessity for historical play and I see no use for it in modern and realistic games. Then again, you may be one of those people who spends hours dressing a sim. (Meanwhile, I don’t really like CAS and focus more on the gameplay.)

There's a whole world of CC out there. I mainly use alpha CC which tends to make the sims look more "realistic".
    Skin details, eye details, hair textures, I have a mod that creates better looking hands and feet, more realistic looking makeup and tattoos, and clothes.
    If we count gameplay mods as CC: MC Command Center is a great mod that brings back story progression for un-played sims. They can get married, have children, etc. There is another mod by KawaiiStacie called Slice of Life and a mod by Radiophobe called Zodiac Traits that I use for a better personality system.

But yes, I do spend most of my time in CAS lol
    O(≧▽≦)O

@Missmagoo2 I actually already have MCCC. I used to have Slice of Life, but I took it out because my sims were constantly slipping and falling, getting sick, putting on ugly masks, and having their periods. I don’t think I would get the zodiac traits because in dark times I almost joined a cult and zodiac signs were a big thing there so now they’re a trigger to me.
  • SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    Which kind of play do you like most? Occults, family, realistic? Gameplay, creating sims or building?

I’m asking because build and buy mode in JTB is actually very good with its industrial, desert vibe, while for instance Eco Lifestyle adds more gameplay options like community spaces, juice and candle making, etc. And the build mode is very good as well, with a scandinavian, recycled and natural vibe.

If you love building realistic homes and hanging out in community lots, or practicing hobbies, Eco lifestyle could be a good choice despite having some bugs. On the other hand, if you like creating aliens and space stories, or steampunk spell caster and vampires, Batuu can be good for that too! I’m not a Star Wars fan either, but so far I’m truly enjoying it :).

My advice: watch some gameplays for both and nifty knitting in YouTube. If you truly, truly like them, go for the bundle or, even better, wait until the sales. But only buy those packs that think you could absolutely enjoy. As Marie Kondo would say :)

In any case, here is what you can do to spice up your current game:

- replace all default buildings with cool ones from the gallery, specially community lots with tons of activities. Some of my fav creators for that are Devon Bumpkin, Mikki Mur or Satisims. Their creations really make the game more enjoyable!
    - Download unique sims from the gallery as well, specially if they have great background stories. And try to play those stories! Some amazing creators are Simsperation84 (her batuu remake of the Pancakes is amazing :D) or Flashcarter. They not only create great sims, but give them life with amazing stories!
    - Lastly, if you don’t mind some gameplay mods, I would recommend at least three: Better personality please (Polarsims), Road to Romance (Lumpinou) and Improved Relationships (Zero). They make game relationships and interactions so much deeper! If you like Occult gameplay, also check Zero’s mods for Vampires and Spellcasters. They are very cool!

Hope this helps!

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I don't think you should base your opinion on the star wars pack solely only bad reviews. Many people are having a blast with it. I plan on getting it myself soon.
    This bundle seems like the smartest idea. And even if you're not into star wars there may be many useful things you can use to integrate into your sims lives and stories. You should read the positive star wars threads for ideas of how! Good stuff.

Only way I wouldn't choose this bundle is if you have an absolute hate for star wars or the thought of it makes you physically ill (as it does for some people apparently) then yes just pass on this and wait for the annual sale. 🙂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    @BradyGalaxy I already have The Sims 3 and all of its EPs, but I got bored of it. Also, could you do me a favor and explain why people keep recommending CC shopping? I don’t have any CC except for historical clothing for the Decades Challenge, and even that was a pain to find.

Because cc shopping is an addictively exciting journey that can not only bring satisfaction but make your sims and their world beautifully customized to your liking.
    Of course this is probably only enjoyable if you like shopping in the first place. Many people don't.
    edited September 2020
    One more thing. You really have to think about your playstyle when buying a pack. I have them all and Eco lifestyle is one of my top favorites. It brought so much to my particular playstyle that I have 0 regrets. Whereas I don't even use university. I just don't want you to go strictly off of us saying this is good or this is bad because that is very subjective.

If it helps I like to play a lot of apocalyptic storylines and rags to riches. Plus I wanted a trashy world and better off the grid play. So eco lifestyle was right up my alley. I turned off the NAPs from the menu and I use a mod to keep the neighborhoods as polluted or green as I want without changing.
    Besides that I have no bugs or issues with it.
    @Missmagoo2 I actually already have MCCC. I used to have Slice of Life, but I took it out because my sims were constantly slipping and falling, getting sick, putting on ugly masks, and having their periods. I don’t think I would get the zodiac traits because in dark times I almost joined a cult and zodiac signs were a big thing there so now they’re a trigger to me.

You don't have to re-download it, but there's a way to take out the parts of the Slice of Life mod you don't want in your game.
    A... zodiac cult? Wow, I guess anything is possible in this world. Please don't download that mod
    O(≧▽≦)O

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Also I recently did the math and buying an EP at 50% off, a GP at 25% off (they never go lower) and an SP at 50% off would cost $10 less than the bundle, unless they change the bundle prices also when the packs go on sale.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member

what are you on about? you asked for anyone's opinion!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    You can either buy a bundle or just buy a Pack that you think will be fun & add to your game.😃
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    They've been having some fairly frequent sales through the summer; it's possible they may have another one even before the end of November. Of the three packs, I think Nifty Knitting is the best of the bunch. You get a new skill that anyone from children on up can do, some nice B/B items for making crafting rooms and the like, and the best feature could be Plopsy where your Sims can make a lot of money from the crafts, especially paintings; my Sim was able to pay her entire way through University on one painting sold via Plopsy.

The Star Wars pack isn't that bad, albeit a bit niche; it'll be a good diversion for my geek Sims, maybe as a vacation spot between University and getting their first job. And Eco Living has potential but it's buggy; I like the new crafting options, and the Maker trait comes in handy for my creative Sims (especially my painters and woodworkers), but I really don't want to do much with it till I know the bugs have been ironed out.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)