Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Batuu - Share Your Sims, Builds, or Stories!

Comments

• erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    erimurphey wrote: »
    I'm creating a teenager and her baby brother who ran away from their abusive mother. She's not above stealing to get by and she might even be a little tempted by the Dark Side. The only problem is I'm not a hard core Star Wars fan so I don't know what to name these two. Any suggestions? :)

Just gotta figure out what planet they're from, if you're going with a Star Wars theme. Certain places have different naming conventions. Tatooine tends to go with flashy sort of surnames for some people (Darklighter, Sandskimmer, etc.) I'm presuming they're Human or at least Near-Human?

They're humans from Corellia. I used a name generator. Meet Nacimi and Thron Ydhurt.

Bigsisterandme.png

Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 370 Member
    edited September 2020
    EDIT: I have unmodded versions of these characters up now.

I haven't put them into the world yet, so I don't have screenshots of them in action, and I uploaded them to the gallery ... but something in my mods folder is marking unmodded sims as modded, so if you search under my handle (rey_estupendo) you need to look with custom content allowed to find "Solo" and "Djarin."

Annika Solo is the granddaughter of Han Solo and Qi'ra. Myla and Rico Djarin are the children of Din Djarin and Cara Dune (my story is that Din and Cara left on a secret mission and left their kids behind, mostly because I didn't want to age up sims of Gina Carano and Pedro Pascal and play them as elders--but the kids were made by taking those sims and using the genetics tool).

And here's a WIP as I'm trying to build the Razor Crest as a house:

119075274_10103615997688641_1109175569096523801_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=6u-3RjsC-gcAX8ielTU&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=b434f2336725f1d1d091b4cc68b71378&oe=5F7FA3FE

EDIT: And this might take a long time to finish because the hard drive in my laptop has started making an occasional vibrating noise when I play the Sims, so I'm trying to play less until the replacement drive arrives.
    Post edited by kemowery on
    My hard drive now sounds like someone is trying to stealthily saw through a bike chain, so I'll be quick.

Here's Annika Solo, the granddaughter of Han Solo and Qi'ra, searchable on the gallery with no CC.01.jpg

And here's Myla and Rico Djarin, the children of Din Djarin and Cara Dune, also on the gallery with no CC.

00.jpg

• KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    Ever since Aliens came to the Sims my main sim has been a Pollination Tech named Kerrigan. She's a brilliant scientist and in the latest iteration is now a mechanical engineer. In my oldest save, she's going to Batuu to explore the miracles of Droids and light sabers. In new saves where she starts as a teen, she's going to happen upon droids first and her story will be more or less that her success as an engineer is because she had access to advanced alien tech like Droids.

I'm also converting several lots in Oasis Springs to Batuu buildings and there will be Twi'lek and Zabrak "outcasts" living there. Whenever they travel to Batuu they wear cloaks and hoods (to help make up for the lack of 'mask' )

I'm going to make a post on the technical support forum to see if I can suggest that lightsaber training and dueling can be added to the Clubs system
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm beginning to think that @CK213 has the best idea. Just having it as a theme park for sims to visit.

For me, I think it will break my immersion if I try to make other worlds have a theme. There's always that darn mobile phone being whipped out, human backgrounds, newly generated sims in ridiculous outfits.

So... i am giving up on my original plan lol.

I may integrate a few aliens into my worlds, which I have never done before, but they will be secret at first. And then I'll see how it develops.

It's kind of bizarre that a lot of the features that are seen as negatives only support my theme park approach.
    I found out recently that droids function like AI guided robots on Batuu. But are more like RC Toys at home.

So it's more like your sims get to play with a seriously sophisticated robot in the amusement park, but they
    bring back a toy souvenir. That's a bit of a bummer, but increases the value of returning to Batuu. We still have Uni robots for autonomous bots.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    Ever since Aliens came to the Sims my main sim has been a Pollination Tech named Kerrigan. She's a brilliant scientist and in the latest iteration is now a mechanical engineer. In my oldest save, she's going to Batuu to explore the miracles of Droids and light sabers. In new saves where she starts as a teen, she's going to happen upon droids first and her story will be more or less that her success as an engineer is because she had access to advanced alien tech like Droids.

I'm also converting several lots in Oasis Springs to Batuu buildings and there will be Twi'lek and Zabrak "outcasts" living there. Whenever they travel to Batuu they wear cloaks and hoods (to help make up for the lack of 'mask' )

I'm going to make a post on the technical support forum to see if I can suggest that lightsaber training and dueling can be added to the Clubs system

Yeah, I would love to have the lightsabers added to clubs! If there's a way to add "play with droids" I'd like that too.
    #Team Occult
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    It's kind of bizarre that a lot of the features that are seen as negatives only support my theme park approach.
    I found out recently that droids function like AI guided robots on Batuu. But are more like RC Toys at home.

So it's more like your sims get to play with a seriously sophisticated robot in the amusement park, but they
    bring back a toy souvenir. That's a bit of a bummer, but increases the value of returning to Batuu. We still have Uni robots for autonomous bots.
    Having played it a bit now, i think I do see it as a theme park. This is helped by the fact that it is a vacation world.

I have no problem immersing myself in the missions etc while there and, equally, it feels perfectly natural for them to come home and play with their droid and lightsaber souvenirs.

I feel like my sims are Star Wars/sci fi fans going to a themed park and having a blast there before returning to reality.

I guess it would have been pretty cool to have a new Star Wars movie for fans to watch on TV and posters for their bedroom, maybe even a computer game. Then they could be telling their friends 'I'm going to the actual theme park this weekend!' 😃
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'm still working out things in my Star Wars World. I have begun in Oasis Springs too. I've deleted several houses and downloaded a few SW themed homes to check out. I never leave those homes alone (sorry to the builders), actually I always alter all the homes I play, and once I've done a bit of renovation I try them out and decide which ones to keep or move to another neighborhood.

I'm keeping a blend of house styles for now. I like things to be pretty, and too much of the dull brown/grey roundish houses is kinda getting to me. It looks right and real for the SW universe (some of the builds are incredibly detailed, just amazing!), but if I'm feeling blue it looks depressing. I must have color! I think Spanish/Mediterranean style homes might work alongside the SW homes, with the rounded windows and changes I am planning.

I just started a reno of one of the smaller pre-made OS houses, new color scheme, roof, patio roof, etc, giving it a vibe that I hope will work in this world. It needs a lot more work, but I'm pleased with the direction it is going. Even if it doesn't stay in this world I'll save it and definitely use it elsewhere because I already like it better than the original build.

No matter what, I'm having fun with the planning and renovating/building. Every time I build or change something I learn another trick or tip. I love that!
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    As for stories, I don't know yet. Right now I'm just doing my regular thing, watching and laughing to myself at the antics of my Sims. I am starting to consider taking pictures and writing some Sim stories, but I don't know if I can do it within the limitations of the site. For one thing, I do tend to get long winded and for another, I may stray into R rated territory. Whenever I write one or more of my characters turn into moody emo drama queens. I don't think anyone will want to read 4 pages of words with only 2 photos to illustrate the action. LOL
    I finished (for now) my cantina/restaurant build and it's up on the gallery as Nookstone Cantina (rey_estupendo).

01.jpg

The first floor is a small restaurant with a DJ, because I needed to fill some space and live music is very much a thing in the Star Wars universe.

03.jpg

The basement is a small cantina with a couple of booths and a couple of sabaac tables.

02.jpg

I haven't playtested this to make sure it works, but I don't see any reason it shouldn't.

My Star Wars save is slowly coming along (I had a few days off because I needed to replace my hard drive and didn't want to risk ruining it by constantly playing the Sims while I waited for a new one). Oasis Springs is my not-Tatooine. It's got six households: the Telcasters (Tinkers) who live in a Jawa sandcrawler, an ex-Rebellion pilot (George Cahill from Strangerville, renamed), Annika Solo, the granddaughter of Han Solo and Qi'ra (also up on my gallery), a moisture farm run by the Stonebreakers (the Bjergsens from Windenberg, renamed), the Junior Jedi (a/k/a the Amiable Acolytes from Glimmerbrook), and the Affluistas (I downloaded and pieced together the Cunninghams from Happy Days for a different game, and here I reworked them in more Star Wars-appropriate outfits and renamed them. In my game, Ward Affluista (Howard Cunningham) is the crime boss in charge of Oasis Springs/not-Tatooine, with Thurva Fonz (Arthur Fonzarelli) as his right-hand man).

Sulani is becoming a cross between Endor and Scarif and a bit of Dagobah. Any of the more jungle-themed Star Wars builds from the gallery are ending up here. There's someone on the gallery, whose name escapes me, who is making some ****ing amazing starships. I was working on my own version of the Razor Crest, but they posted one that's way better than anything I could have done. That's now in my Sulani, the home for my Djarin household, the children of Din Djarin (the Mandalorian) and Cara Dune. Someone else's Dagobah hut is also there now as Caldera Camp, which is the home of a Star Wars'ed up version of Plumbella.

I love seeing what everyone is doing, there are a lot of really inspiring projects!

The builds are amazing, if anyone wants to share them could you please post your gallery ID?
    #Team Occult
    Has anyone found good Star Wars-themed beach builds? I'm trying to build Sulani, and it's not easy. I've got a hut in Caldera Camp, a crashed AT-AT in the shipwreck space, and the Razor Crest parked on its own island. I have a couple of treehouses that I found in some of the more interior lots, and a "jungle" marketplace--though I might get rid of that*--but so many of the lots in Sulani are waterfront and I really need some lots I can either download and place or use as inspiration.

* It occurs to me that I can put jungle lots in the lush green parts of Oasis Springs, so it's basically a desert with really rich oases.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    kemowery wrote: »
    Has anyone found good Star Wars-themed beach builds? I'm trying to build Sulani, and it's not easy. I've got a hut in Caldera Camp, a crashed AT-AT in the shipwreck space, and the Razor Crest parked on its own island. I have a couple of treehouses that I found in some of the more interior lots, and a "jungle" marketplace--though I might get rid of that*--but so many of the lots in Sulani are waterfront and I really need some lots I can either download and place or use as inspiration.

* It occurs to me that I can put jungle lots in the lush green parts of Oasis Springs, so it's basically a desert with really rich oases.

Im actually working on several Star Wars inspired Sulani beach builds at the moment. Its taking me forever-ever. One is an Endor inspired stilt hut on Caldera Camp, the other is a much bigger hideout/ -family home on the boat wreck lot next to the cave. No CC.
    Hopefully I’ll manage to get them onto the gallery this week-end. Perhaps you’ll be able to do something with them.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    kemowery wrote: »

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980942/star-wars-builds/p1

Might be a bit too desert-ish for your tastes, but you can always lush them up.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    95toZUXl.png
    Test sim ever since Get Famous moved to a galaxy far, far away, and she found her calling. It's like her days as an actress in fave roles, knight and pirate captain, were just to prepare her to be a force-sensitive smuggler.
    VhlWu89m.pngHGDyGmIm.png

dO3h6jCl.png
    Her wife Venessa Jeong turned from a blue-haired actress to a blue-skinned twi'lek along the way but you won't hear her complaining.

Right now she's prepping for a Canto Bight heist, and what will take the most time will not be recruit two drunkards from the cantina, but plan her formal outfit to look the part.
    happyopi wrote: »
    95toZUXl.png
    Test sim ever since Get Famous moved to a galaxy far, far away, and she found her calling. It's like her days as an actress in fave roles, knight and pirate captain, were just to prepare her to be a force-sensitive smuggler.
    VhlWu89m.pngHGDyGmIm.png

dO3h6jCl.png
    Her wife Venessa Jeong turned from a blue-haired actress to a blue-skinned twi'lek along the way but you won't hear her complaining.

Right now she's prepping for a Canto Bight heist, and what will take the most time will not be recruit two drunkards from the cantina, but plan her formal outfit to look the part.

She's awesome, I love the yellow lightsaber! Her wife looks amazing as well, I love the Twi'leks. <3
    #Team Occult
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Regina the space witch with the purple skin is gambling playing Sabaac with Hondo.
    09-19-20_3-19-54_PM.png
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    @Scobre She's very intriguing!
    #Team Occult
    This is the first build ever that I'm sharing on the Gallery. It's a Star Wars inspired Beach base called 'Star Wars Beach Base' (very original again). This build is a residential that has enough space for a household of 3, but it's easy to convert into a more family friendly home. It has a basement level courtyard with a workshop for building 'droids' and brewing juice. It also has a medium sized greenhouse, a piranha pond and a little room for spying on folks. I had to place the bathroom in the 'comtower' because somehow I always forget to plan room for all the private business. I mean who needs a toilet?

No CC, No MOO. It does use a good bit of DLC though...
    My origin ID is: CPTN_NXR7
    Some screenshots:
    SW-BEACHBASE01.jpg
    SW-BEACHBASE01-2.jpg
    SW-BEACHBASE01-3.jpg
    SW-BEACHBASE01-4.jpg
    SW-BEACHBASE02.jpg
    SW-BEACHBASE03.jpg
    SW-BEACHBASE04.jpg
    SW-BEACHBASE05.jpg

This is the first build ever that I'm sharing on the Gallery. It's a Star Wars inspired Beach base called 'Star Wars Beach Base' (very original again). This build is a residential that has enough space for a household of 3, but it's easy to convert into a more family friendly home. It has a basement level courtyard with a workshop for building 'droids' and brewing juice. It also has a medium sized greenhouse, a piranha pond and a little room for spying on folks. I had to place the bathroom in the 'comtower' because somehow I always forget to plan room for all the private business. I mean who needs a toilet?

No CC, No MOO. It does use a good bit of DLC though...
    My origin ID is: CPTN_NXR7
    Some screenshots:
    SW-BEACHBASE01.jpg
    SW-BEACHBASE01-2.jpg
    SW-BEACHBASE01-3.jpg
    SW-BEACHBASE01-4.jpg
    SW-BEACHBASE02.jpg
    SW-BEACHBASE03.jpg
    SW-BEACHBASE04.jpg
    SW-BEACHBASE05.jpg

Whoa! I love it! It looks really good on Sulani, too. Hmm. I've been wanting to put some Star Wars builds in my game, but I've already filled Oasis Springs. I think I have room in Sulani where I was originally going to make it like Tortuga and be a pirate trade island. But maybe I can expand that for space pirates as well.

Gah! I need more lots!
    #Team Occult
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I'm really enjoying these star wars like builds. I could do with some more lots too.

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    LiELF wrote: »
    Whoa! I love it! It looks really good on Sulani, too. Hmm. I've been wanting to put some Star Wars builds in my game, but I've already filled Oasis Springs. I think I have room in Sulani where I was originally going to make it like Tortuga and be a pirate trade island. But maybe I can expand that for space pirates as well.

Gah! I need more lots!

Haha, thank you! Planet Sulani is perfect for Space Pirates. I haven’t built anywhere else yet, with the exception of Selvadorada. The remote islands in Sulani are just very suitable since they don’t have any modern background buildings.
    I’m really enjoying all the elements of this pack. My scoundrel only just made it to rank 5, so I’m taking things extremely slow. Still so much to do and to discover!
    LiELF wrote: »

Gah! I need more lots!

Haha, thank you! Planet Sulani is perfect for Space Pirates. I haven’t built anywhere else yet, with the exception of Selvadorada. The remote islands in Sulani are just very suitable since they don’t have any modern background buildings.
    I’m really enjoying all the elements of this pack. My scoundrel only just made it to rank 5, so I’m taking things extremely slow. Still so much to do and to discover!

Congrats on reaching rank 5! I'm only at 3 but that's progress for me, lol. I'm taking it slow as well. I don't want to go back to "the real world" in Sim Nation. 😆
    #Team Occult
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Mainly I've been inspired to build by the new Journey to Batuu pack. Made a tiny all terrain walker house for Spark'd:
    Link:https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4DC6A348F2DA11EA88DD08F72EC21B78
    cJAaCxc.png

And just finished an Ewok village:
    Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/34824786FA9611EA8501C4D54877A159
    Z2XMGhH.png
    NNltKTj.png
    YG8XXng.png
    PDWxp40.jpg
    edited September 2020
    @lsnishi those Ewok builds look great! Love those little fellas guarding their homes! :D