Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When DoYou Think EP 10 Will Get Announced?

Comments

• CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    We'll probably get some sort of press release next week about the skin tones and the Gurus will start dropping hints again. The actual EP will get announced in the beginning of October for a mid-November release.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    CopperBolt wrote: »
    We'll probably get some sort of press release next week about the skin tones and the Gurus will start dropping hints again. The actual EP will get announced in the beginning of October for a mid-November release.

Maybe they ll surprise us and bring back the quarterly teaser for EP 10.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I was going to go with late this month, but i guess early october could be likely too. I dont see it being a mid or late october announcment though.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    As we are still in the roadmap period which ends this month I suspect an announcement in October most likely at the end for a realise in early November. Whenever the university trailer dropped last year and realised I think will be similar dates for ep 10. The team now seem to favour realising packs 2 weeks after the initial trailers.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    CopperBolt wrote: »

Maybe they ll surprise us and bring back the quarterly teaser for EP 10.

I'd love that, I always got excited about them
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    As we are still in the roadmap period which ends this month I suspect an announcement in October most likely at the end for a realise in early November. Whenever the university trailer dropped last year and realised I think will be similar dates for ep 10. The team now seem to favour realising packs 2 weeks after the initial trailers.

I don't think it will be a late announcement this year. They'd be wise to announce it as early as possible otherwise it will most likely get leaked like Uni did last year.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited September 2020

I don't think it will be a late announcement this year. They'd be wise to announce it as early as possible otherwise it will most likely get leaked like Uni did last year.

I agree @catloverplayer and they did say a few weeks so it has to be soon
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    She didn't actually say a few weeks.

In just a matter of weeks we’ll be sharing more about our next Expansion Pack, which we’ve been working on since last year.

Although generally it does mean a few weeks. So assuming a few weeks is 3, and she released that letter on September 3rd, then Thursday 9/24 would be three weeks.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

In just a matter of weeks we’ll be sharing more about our next Expansion Pack, which we’ve been working on since last year.

Although generally it does mean a few weeks. So assuming a few weeks is 3, and she released that letter on September 3rd, then Thursday 9/24 would be three weeks.

I'd love if they would announce it on Thursday, but then they would have to release it a bit earlier than they usually do. Hope we'll get another SP or GP before the year ends.

good point @simgirl1010 so maybe not soon but I feel anything over 3 then she should have just said a month or months but your right
    who know what she meant
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

good point @simgirl1010 so maybe not soon but I feel anything over 3 then she should have just said a month or months but your right
    who know what she meant

Saying a month would have told us exactly when it's coming. Which they can't do until they're allowed to. By saying 'weeks' it is left open because it could mean 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...etc.
    edited September 2020
    IceyJ wrote: »

who know what she meant

Saying a month would have told us exactly when it's coming. Which they can't do until they're allowed to. By saying 'weeks' it is left open because it could mean 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...etc.

good point
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    If this is an expansion I think it is likely to come out in November. So I would expect trailers to come out throughout October, with the announcement either next week or w/c 5th Oct.

Fingers crossed it's an announcement that will get the community hyped rather than dejected
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    If this is an expansion I think it is likely to come out in November. So I would expect trailers to come out throughout October, with the announcement either next week or w/c 5th Oct.

Fingers crossed it's an announcement that will get the community hyped rather than dejected

I'm thinking it'll be November as well, as the last few years. But ever since the Island one in June of 2019 the time from announce to release has been cut fairly short - two weeks to a month at most. Even for the EPS.

If I were to pin point a release date, I'm thinking November 13. Though I could see it being November 6th. Announcement date, week of Oct 19th or week of Oct 12 respectively.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member

I hope you are right and I’m wrong. I think there will be a leak soon with the announcement in October. When she said a matter of weeks I assumed it would be a similar release date to the other packs. I still think it will be released in early November or hopefully late October.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I hope tomorrow
    WbUrFQm.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Anyone suspicious of all this food posting by the gurus?👀
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    An October reveal and a November release sounds right, but considering the public statement (noncommittal as it may be) I would have assumed sooner.
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    edited September 2020

Yes ! I almost started a new thread about it, but in the end I did not because I was afraid to sound silly because it's probably nothing. But that would tie in with the chef pig posted a while ago.
    If food is a hint, I have no idea what the pack could be about, though. We already have restaurants...
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Chaton wrote: »

Yes ! I almost started a new thread about it, but in the end I did not because I was afraid to sound silly because it's probably nothing. But that would tie in with the chef pig posted a while ago.
    If food is a hint, I have no idea what the pack could be about, though. We already have restaurants...

We have restaurants but they are just businesses, it's not possible to work as a chef in them. In an older survey they did propose a theme centered around becoming a master chef, looking for the finest ingredients and cooking fine food. I'm thinking it could be related to that survey. It will be nice if it will tie in with the current restaurants and be able to open your own restaurant if you a a great chef.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm going mid-late October announcement I'd really be surprised if it was any sooner they need a newer pack on the shelves for Christmas sales.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited September 2020

A Buzzfeed Tasty collab expansion pack perhaps, or maybe it’s a tease for the next stuff pack? They seem to be very close with Buzzfeed as of late, what with that spark’d thing. An entire expansion pack dedicated to food is a bit much, though.
    Post edited by keylimepiesims on
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited September 2020
    I don't care about any announcements of when the next EP comes available except I hope they don't Patch or download it on any 2nd Tuesday in any month as that's when Microsoft downloads it's updates at the same time and unless you set it properly it'll turn off the laptop and restart right in the middle of Patch download! It's done that to me once before.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Ugh, was hoping for today. Figured they'd announce sooner than they have been given Lindsey's statement...

But I do believe it'll be released in November.
    WbUrFQm.png