Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 might be huge

I was looking at ps5 and all the new games are going to be huge (between 50GB-100GB) and that probably means sims 5 will be too and yes I know this is console not pc but the games and updates are usually of similar size
Gallery ID: cavapoo_king

Comments

• Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I was looking at ps5 and all the new games are going to be huge (between 50GB-100GB) and that probably means sims 5 will be too and yes I know this is console not pc but the games and updates are usually of similar size

That might be because of higher quality graphics, as everyone requests realistic characters, which means bigger files.
    crocobaura wrote: »

That might be because of higher quality graphics, as everyone requests realistic characters, which means bigger files.

If the graphics were of higher quality what happens when your sim sets themselves on fire or perhaps killed by a swarm of flies

If the graphics were of higher quality what happens when your sim sets themselves on fire or perhaps killed by a swarm of flies

I guess it's a good thing that the sims don't have realistic graphics then. I wouldn't want to see that. :smile:
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Good post!

Yeah, this is one of the reasons why I want a gaming laptop with lot of space in the SSD. My old computer from 2014 would have filled up so quickly, plus I don't think it would even meet minimum requirements of the TS5 base game, much less subsequent packs!

Glad that PS5 will be out this November. Now we just have to wait for The Sims 5. Hopefully they'll announce it after the next EP is released. I've speculated that it might be built with the Unreal Engine 4 but I'd like to know for sure soon so I can get ready to mod for it.

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I've been debating between getting 1TB or 2TB storage. 2TB it is!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    Good post!

Yeah, this is one of the reasons why I want a gaming laptop with lot of space in the SSD. My old computer from 2014 would have filled up so quickly, plus I don't think it would even meet minimum requirements of the TS5 base game, much less subsequent packs!

Glad that PS5 will be out this November. Now we just have to wait for The Sims 5. Hopefully they'll announce it after the next EP is released. I've speculated that it might be built with the Unreal Engine 4 but I'd like to know for sure soon so I can get ready to mod for it.

Do you mod for TS4 or TS3?
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    it might be built with the Unreal Engine 4 but I'd like to know for sure soon so I can get ready to mod for it.
    It a possibly but it could also be made with Unity (I prefer that Platform) The problem is if the develop with UE4 it’s advertising a competition to you business however if you use Unity you don’t have that problem as Unity don’t make game it’s just a IDE to allow people to make there own games.
    Good post!

Could be unreal engine 5
    Good post!

Do you mod for TS4 or TS3?

I want to mod for TS3 and TS5.

doogerie wrote: »
    it might be built with the Unreal Engine 4 but I'd like to know for sure soon so I can get ready to mod for it.
    It a possibly but it could also be made with Unity (I prefer that Platform) The problem is if the develop with UE4 it’s advertising a competition to you business however if you use Unity you don’t have that problem as Unity don’t make game it’s just a IDE to allow people to make there own games.

I can mod under either one. They're both great game engines.

Good post!

Could be unreal engine 5

Maybe. But Unreal Engine 5 won't be available until late next year. I suppose they can keep working with UE4 but don't know how much effort it would take to replace everything.

• dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Why do people think that TS5 might be built with Unreal or Unity? The Sims always has had its own, in-house engine. They‘re not suddenly going to stop.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    A huge disappointment more like
    edited September 2020

@Cavapoo_King - that reminds me. PS5 is available for pre-order. Are you getting it or have already pre-ordered? Which model?

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    They used to say that about Sims 4 back in 2013.
    Sims 5 being huge is a pipe dream.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I hope they don't go with realistic graphics. I hate the hyper realism look of many games nowadays.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    if it's bigger i hope it's for the amount of gameplay and customization features rather than graphics. hopefully ts5 devs are more ambitious in these aspects
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Why do people think that TS5 might be built with Unreal or Unity? The Sims always has had its own, in-house engine. They‘re not suddenly going to stop.

And that's half the reason it's buggy as plumb.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

It depends. Games that came out after 2014 were also much much bigger than the Sims 4. The Sims 4 EPs are smaller than the Sims 3 ones sometimes, with some being just 1 or 1,5 GBs.
    It really depends on the game they will make. If they make another one like the Sims 4 then the files will be small for sure.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • BuildingTheSimsBuildingTheSims Posts: 92 Member

I guess it's a good thing that the sims don't have realistic graphics then. I wouldn't want to see that. :smile:

i do! at least more realistic than we've had. no more cartoony sims games , please!
  • BuildingTheSimsBuildingTheSims Posts: 92 Member
    I hope they don't go with realistic graphics. I hate the hyper realism look of many games nowadays.

and i love them. to each their own cup of coffee.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Doesn’t this mean that the current new games coming up for PS5 will be 50-100 GB? As Sims 5 isn’t announced or even confirmed to be in development, we don’t know if it will be at least 50 GB?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    It seems the team has been going out of their way to say Sims 5 is not going to happen anytime soon. I also question with how badly Sims 4 is going do people seriously believe Sims 5 will be better? I haven't played Sims 4 for the PS4 (I got it just because it was like $5) and my little brother played it for a week and was back to wanting to play it on the PC which also makes me question will the game play even be good?
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    They mean that for games specifically ported for Ps5. Even if TS5 were to happen it comes first on PC first always. Whatever that is on pc, it’ll be the around there for PS5. Also, it doesn’t mean they ARE going to be 50gb-100gb. It means they can be around there and the ps5 will be able to handle it.
    The recent flight simulator for pc is 150gb, lmao if you think TS5 can reach half or more than half of that size
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    I don't think they will go with realistic graphics for 5. A lot of people seem to like the cartoonish style of 4 - and let's be real, The Sims series as a whole has NEVER been one known for its graphics. I'd much rather they spend the budget on gameplay features etc.