Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Homes in Literature Build Challenge: *CLOSED*

15678911...Next

Comments

• TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member

The Homes in Literature Build Challenge #7: Generic Alien World or Futuristic Architectural Build

With the advent of the new Star Wars pack, I thought we could have some fun with Sci-Fi. The genre is packed with different ideas about what life on other planets, and even the future of this planet will look like.

Choose one of those visions for your build. You can build a home in the Star Wars Universe, or any number of different settings in the thousands upon thousands of different Sci-Fi novels out there.

You can even choose some cutting edge architects, that are out there now, who are trying to reshape the world with new types of architecture, that many would consider futuristic, like Vincent Callebaut, in Paris.

Lot Challenge: Build me a home, set in another world, or a future time on planet Earth.

Room Challenge: Choose the room you are most proud of in your home, that you feel that really represents the ideals of what you feel the future will hold for mankind, or alien-kind.

Sims Challenge: What does your future family look like, based upon the designs and values you have set forth in your home?

I look forward to seeing your creations!

Please use the whole of hashtag #LiteraryBuildChallenge7 when you upload your creations. Any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be considered for Maxis Fave nomination.

The deadline for this challenge is Saturday, October 17th , 2020 ** [no later than 23:59:59 EDT/New York Time]

BUILD ENTRY FORM
    Lot Entry: Generic Alien World or Futuristic Architectural Build

BUILD ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    LITERARY BUILD CHALLENGE - (Number and House Name)
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    NEW LOT LINK: (Link to where your build can be found on The Gallery)
    LINK TO SLIDESHOW:
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry. Please include Links to other resources you may have found)
    CREDITS: (Please Tag Art Creators whose art you used, if any)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two please)

ROOM ENTRY FORM
    Room Entry: Generic Alien World or Futuristic Architectural Build

ROOM ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    LITERARY BUILD CHALLENGE - (Number and House Name)
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    ROOM: (Link to where the room can be found with on The Gallery)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (Please create a seperate Slideshow for the Room, from your Home Emtry)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)
    CREDITS: (Please Tag Art Creators whose art you used, if any)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

SIMS ENTRY FORM
    Household Entry: Generic Alien World or Futuristic Architectural Build

SIM ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    LITERARY BUILD CHALLENGE - (Number and Family Name)
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    HOUSEHOLD: (Link to where the household can be found with on The Gallery)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (Please create a seperate slideshow of the family, from the Home or Room Slideshows)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    I’m intrigued @Taoron
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Palazzo Portego is very lovely! @tatselk :) Very beautiful red, gold and brown colour, and the wall pattern and patterned floor rug are very nice! The vases of flowers, and the floral wall picture are very pretty! The knights guarding each side of the door, and the sculptures on the pedestals and tables are great in the room! Very lovely gold framed pictures and gold edged mirrors! The curtained windows and wall lights are very nice.
    It is a lovely luxury hall! :)

@rosemow Thanks for your kind comment! You really picked up on all the tiny details:)
    That is a nice interpretation of the theme.

@Auroraskies Thanks!
    Taoron wrote: »
    Great looking room @tatselk and the way you worded that Venice stole all of the art that they claim as their own, was very diplomatic. LOL

@Taoron Thanks! I though long and hard about how best to show this side of Venice. Haha.

• wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    The beginning of an extraterrestrial dome house!

1BVUvRX.png
    Neat idea @wendyology I can't wait to see it done!
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,100 Member
    Awesome builds everyone, and great ideas @Taoron B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

So, yeah...we can consider this Challenge permanently closed.

It has been wonderful to see so many wonderful builds, but the interest seems to have fallen by the wayside. I am sad to see it go.
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,100 Member
    edited October 2020
    Thanks so very much for having this challenge @Taoron <3! I did enjoy it B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top