Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Isla Paradiso Bunch

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Episode 64 of the Isla Paradiso Bunch is now on YouTube

https://youtu.be/RIg0-H8aHhs

This episode begins in Isla Paradiso where we get to see all members of the household. Then most of the young adults travel to Egypt where they stay in their own Egyptian home. Diana and Judy have pomegranates to deliver and Muriel goes off to explore Abu Simbel. She gets a start on the tomb but we run out of time to see her complete it. The video runs for just under 30 minutes.

There have been some changes to the way I do these videos - I'm still on a long learning curve and I think some progress has been achieved in the way this video has been done. I hope you enjoy it.
  • Options
    Episode 65 of The Isla Paradiso Bunch is now on YouTube and available to be viewed. It runs for 31 minutes but I needed all of that time to get Muriel through the rest of the tomb. If it's too long for you and you do want to watch it maybe you could break it up into 10 minute (or some other) intervals.

This is the link

https://youtu.be/iOB8v0H2-EU

At the end of the video Muriel completes the Tomb Collection for Egypt.

Muriel is the only sim from the Isla Paradiso Bunch household that we see in this video as she is kept busy completing all of the puzzles in the tomb.

Enjoy

Happy Simming
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I'm sorry I've not uploaded a new video in this story for a while. I will get onto it soon. I have the video recorded for the next episode but have to put it together into a video soon.

I've been sick and then got diverted into setting up a huge group of worlds with over 600 sims in them to continue the Story of Oscar and Louise and also the McFluff Story. I'm going to try to tell both of those stories with the single game. It has numerous worlds - I haven't counted them all but will be adding a few more before I start recording video in it. Until then the videos will continue on as usual.

EDIT: The Isla Paradiso Bunch sims will be transferred to this new setup once they have completed their adventures.
  • Options
    Episode 66 of The Isla Paradiso Bunch is now available on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/I5ww56KlcXg

They start out in Egypt but soon leave for China. You see them fishing in different places at different times. Some fledgling romance between a few of them. They interact with the locals at the market. Meryl is still actively seeking her wealthy spouse. She does this autonomously so I don't have to worry about keeping her busy with that task. I suppose if I gave her some assistance she might have more luck. Poor Meryl.

Craig has an adventure chain that he will continue in the next episode. The main one he does in this episode is The Pilgrim's Walk.

Judy gets an adventure that is the beginning of another chain of adventures but there wasn't time to get her started on it as she got it from the phone late in this episode.

Several of them had a repeating adventure to collect metals for the repair to the Miniature Tomb.

They smelt their copper at home to convert it to bars they need to complete their adventure.

Much fun is had by all.

Enjoy and Happy Simming
  • Options
    The Isla Paradiso Bunch Episode 67 is now available on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/V9iYdNDYqOg

Seven of the crew are in China. They complete a few adventures, but mostly relax at the market or at home. About half way through the video they all travel to France where they own a huge house with a garden. They mostly relax and do a bit of gardening and get abducted by aliens before having a wild bachelorette party for Haley.

Sims in this episode include: Judy, Haley, Muriel, Meryl, Jeannie, Sam, Craig

They have now found all of the 13 pieces of the Egyptian tomb collection. They still need to find 3 pieces of the tomb collections for France and China.
  • Options
    The Isla Paradiso Bunch Episode 68 is now available on YouTube

https://youtu.be/LeZSjpthqhU

It opens at Haley's bachelerotte party. Things are going on at that party. Strange things. Mostly costume changes and sleeping on the dance floor. Then there is a birth and a return to Isla Paradiso where there is a birthday for a couple of toddlers and back to France. The trip home was essential to enable the opportunity Craig had and getting him to work through that adventure was the reason for sending them to France in the first place.

I'm working on Episode 69 now.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Karritz: Great video. Yay for Craig and his little alien baby! That's alot of butterflies at France.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    @Karritz: Great video. Yay for Craig and his little alien baby! That's alot of butterflies at France.

That spot near the little waterhole is a great place for butterflies and especially at night you can often get lots of the fireflies.

Thanks for the comment.
  • Options
    Episode 69 of the Isla Paradiso Bunch is now waiting for you to watch it on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/wMELyXDFB0E

In this Episode they finally find some opal so Craig can continue with his quest to find the Key to the Dragon Cave. Firstly, he needed the Key to the Landgraab Cellars - that's what he got in exchange for his opal.

Then Craig completed that adventure. Several of the others were doing short repeatable adventures and gaining visa points in the process. I don't pay much attention to them in this video - but they do get the occasional mention.

Now Craig has the Key to the Dragon Cave and the Signet to the Landgraab Chateau he can return to Isla Paradiso. But he needs much higher Martial Arts skill. He's set to work on his martial arts skill to get it up as high as he can before they run out of time in France. I don't want him working on it in Isla Paradiso due to the potential lag and he may not have time to do it in China either.

That means they only have the two big tombs under the Nectary to complete now (in France). They still have three tombs in China to do.

Egypt is complete.

Egyptian-Tomb-Collection001.jpg

Happy Simming
  • Options
    I've been busy lately and have just loaded Episode 70 of The Isla Paradiso Bunch to YouTube.

https://youtu.be/j37Z2l61owI

It is the day after Craig found the key to the Dragon Cave.

This video features just about everyone and I think the highlight is Haley's butterfly captures. She got a lot of wonderful butterflies, some of which I've not seen in my game for years.

If anyone is the star, I'd have to say it's Sam. He keeps everyone in France for a little longer than anticipated and there is an interesting delivery.

Craig completes his Lifetime Wish and breaks a Space Rock.

They all head home to Isla Paradiso where we arrive to find Dianna about to start a magic show at The Carnival on the Water. It has a Showtime Stage and we have to watch her perform to a small but interested audience.

For anyone who might like to have the roller coaster lot, Carnival on the Water, in their own game here's the download link:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8260473

It's in my Studio.

We have a very brief visit to the household and see Terry, the clone of Triton King, sitting on the floor reading his toddler books.

In the end six young adults and the two little girls travel to China.

One more thing - not in the video but - the alien has been moved out and now lives next door to them in Isla Paradiso.
  • Options
    Episode 71 of the Isla Paradiso Bunch is now available on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/lWrvZ05lH_Q

There are 6 of them in China including the two little girls - just so you can see a bit more of them. They mostly play with their dolls or work on their cooking skill.

Sam hands in the nectar he got from France - getting that nectar is the reason he had to go to France in the first place. A bit later on he gets abducted by aliens - surprise surprise. No sign of that dreaded unexpected weight gain moodlet though. Relief.

Dianna is in the group. She's had an opportunity from China for a while and has finally fulfilled it - she had to deliver a written book to Gao Pei. Then she performs for tips - working on her Lifetime Wish which is to get to level 10 of the magician career.

Most of this episode is devoted to Judy. She continues the adventure chain she started in Episode 66 - 'Assisting An Elder' (deliver 3 ancient or older relics). Then in Episode 67 she does 'Another Favor for and Elder' (ask for loaned object) and 'No Late Fees' (deliver the artifact)

Now in Episode 71 she delivers the artifact and gets 'Descendants of the Guard' (Explore the Tomb of the First Emperor). This starts out with a lot of to-ing and fro-ing. She still has to do a few little things that make her have to run around outside the tomb for a while before she gets into it. There are lots of darts and she gets caught in traps a few times and also has a mummy fight. But she completes the tomb and the adventure chain and she retrieves the part of the tomb collection that was hidden inside. This tomb is found under the terracotta army in China.

There are now only 2 parts of the tomb collection for them to find in China. They have completed Egypt and have 2 still to collect in France.

I'll keep them in China until they have all of the tomb collection. In Episode 72 Craig does the big tomb in the Dragon Cave. He has to confront and beat Do ng Ho. He was busy in France finding the keystone for the Dragon Cave and he's arrived in China with the keystone and will complete that adventure chain.

The final tomb in China is finding Dong Ho's Treasure. It's under the market. I'll probably get a couple of them to work through that tomb to make it quick. It's a big tomb with lots of traps. But they have to do it because the final part of the tomb collection is in there. It'll probably be done in Episode 73.
  • Options
    The Isla Paradiso Bunch Episode 72 is now available to watch on YouTube

https://youtu.be/HKYTmDCi8Xw

They are still in China. Craig completes the adventures...

Why... That's the Keystone; Preparing for Battle; The Grand Master's Fight; Preparing the Amulet of Protection

By the end of the video Craig has also completed about half of the adventure The Demise of Dong Huo. The final part of this adventure will be in Episode 73.

Enjoy
  • Options
    The Isla Paradiso Bunch Episode 73 is now available to watch on YouTube

https://youtu.be/xM9j5c-qwuE

In this video, Craig completes his adventure 'The Demise of Do ng Huo'. He did the first half of the adventure in Episode 72.

At the end of the video there is a little time left for a few of the household to complete small adventures to build up their visa points.

The video runs for about 26 minutes so it isn't as long as some of the episodes in this playlist.

Whilst some of the household have a visa level of 3 in China, others are still on 0 or 1.

Josephine has to find copper and smelt it before delivering 5 bars of smelted copper and makes a successful river crossing in a boat. You don't see much of her search for copper and only see her smelt a couple of bars of copper before going to the market and swimming in the pool there. I don't recall seeing her in her bright red swimsuit before. In case you are wondering, it came with the Katy Perry Sweet Treats stuff pack. It's one of my favourite swimsuits and I usually change its colour but for some reason I left it bright red for the red headed Josephine.

Sam finds some jade to deliver to Bao Louie and reports in with his Jade. The only bit of this in the video is him making the delivery.

You don't see this, but Dianna delivers a bottle of nectar. You do see her playing for tips at the end of the video.

When I initially couldn't get the choice to play for tips with Dianna I did a little investigation and discovered the Showtime careers are glitched and the glitch seems to have hit Dianna while Craig was completing his adventure. She had become unemployed. I didn't know what level she was on but thought it was probably level 8. I did some research and discovered the Box of Danger is awarded at level 7 and she's had it in her inventory for a really long time. But there is a new magician outfit awarded at level 8 and I didn't notice her wearing a new outfit so I used Master Controller to give her the Magician career at level 7. Now she has to work her way up to level 8. I'm not happy about this as whenever I've been playing her I've been trying to get her to play for tips or perform regularly to get her up to the next level. Her Lifetime Wish is to get to level 10 in the Magician Career.

Happy Simming

• Options
    The Isla Paradiso Bunch Episode 74 is now available for you to watch on YouTube

https://youtu.be/GMPMwwFtI7k

In this episode 8 members of the household visit China where Craig and Sam begin work on the final tomb for them in China. It is the tomb under the market where Do ng Huo stored his gold. In the next episode they will complete the tomb and get the final piece of the Chinese Tomb Collection.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    Episode 75 of the Isla Paradiso Bunch is now on YouTube and ready for viewing.

https://youtu.be/bD2HFktE6fA

In this episode Craig and Sam complete the tomb containing Do ng Huo's treasure. The final part of the tomb collection for China was in that tomb and Craig managed to collect it and we finally got it home to Isla Paradiso safely. I got a little video to prove it. Just in case.

After they complete the tomb the season changes and we see Autumn colours throughout Shang Simla. They work on their visa points and do quite well. Sam manages to get to level 3. The others have to settle for level 2 visa for now.

We see the little ice girls skating on the pond at the back of their house. Plus lots of stunning pictures of the colours found in China in the Autumn.

I hope you enjoy the video.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    The Isla Paradiso Bunch Episode 76 is now available on YouTube

https://youtu.be/3EXrpzkScCc

This episode is the beginning of winding up this series/playlist. It is the final episode in which we'll see any of the household other than Craig and Judy.

After wasting countless hours or days trying to get Craig to complete the final two tombs under the Nectary in France, I've finally decided to just move Craig and Judy into a fresh new save and let them have a go at it in the hope I'll finally get some video of them completing those two tombs. The problem I've consistently had is Craig gets the initial adventure that starts this adventure chain and completes the initial steps. Then he gets and adventure to catch 5 Cerambyx beetles in France and take them to Egypt where he needs to give them to a Sim who will assist in the next few steps of the adventure. Unfortunately when he arrives in Egypt the adventure is dropped. I tried adding it back using Master Controller but it is instantly dropped each and every time. I tried going back to much earlier saves and got the same result. The only thing I thought of that I didn't try was to get a different sim to try to do the adventures.

Since I really want to get all of the tomb objects from each of the tombs that has a tomb object I decided to just start a fresh save and then somehow combine the final two objects with the other 29 objects at the end. I have done those tombs with other sims and even got a bit of video of Gertie McFluff doing them with one of her household members. It is just the Isla Pardiso Bunch save that appears to be jinxed.

So this video ends a bit early. In the end we have a look around Isla Paradiso and see the two alien mothers of the alien children from the Isla Paradiso Bunch household. The mothers live in the house next door and having them in the main household resulted in the game totally refusing to run. This save has done well. I started it towards the end of 2016 and put my first video up on January 1st 2017. If only I could have coaxed it to get that final tomb done. As for the birthdays, I saved after each one if it didn't crash. We had a few crashes during the videoing of this episode. I hope you enjoy it. It runs for less than the 30 minutes I usually aim for.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    @Karritz: Enjoyed the video. :)

• Options
    @Karritz: Enjoyed the video. :)

Thank you. I'm working on the next one now. Actually finally doing the final two tombs under the nectary.
  • Options
    The Isla Paradiso Bunch Episode 77
    https://youtu.be/e22Ykqi9oEc

Craig and Judy return to France. This is a new save as this final part of their adventure was impossible in the original save due to a bug.

I tried for over a year to get this to work in the original save. It always drops out at the same point. I started a new save and it worked. I started another new save and tried again and it dropped out at the same point again. So, I can say I am totally fortunate that it worked once out of countless attempts and that I got video of it.

In Episode 77 Craig and Judy return to France and Craig gets the adventure "Nectar Research Assistance Needed". This is the first part of a very long adventure chain that is mostly in the cellars of the Nectary, but will take them to Egypt for a few more parts to the adventure chain. Finally they get possession of the Ruby of Sakhara and return home. This video shows them completing the adventures up to this point.

Next video will have them return to France with the Ruby and use it to gain access to the first of the huge tombs under the nectary.
  • Options
    @Karritz: Great video

• Options
    @Karritz: Great video

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Episode 78 of the Isla Paradiso Bunch is now on YouTube and ready to be viewed

https://youtu.be/xpoqTOMJCBA

This episode continues on from Episode 77 in which Judy and Craig went to Egypt to find more information on the elusive tombs under the Nectary in France.

In this episode they return from Egypt with the Ruby of Sachara. The Nectar Merchant at the Nectary directs Craig to place the Ruby into one of the mysterious holes in the creepy room they found (in Episode 77) under the nectary.

With the entrance to the Tomb of Isael revealed the pair of adventurous sims work through many puzzles and dangers to eventually find the French Signet of the Tomb of Isael. It is a dangerous, difficult and stunningly beautiful tomb.

I can't guarantee I found every single hidden door but we did find a lot of hidden doors and treasure and eventually Craig retrieved the Sapphire of The Crescent Moon. Then they had an unfortunate encounter with a pair of mummies that were determined to prevent Craig and Judy from leaving the tomb with the Sapphire.

In the end all is good and finally get to taste some nectar after Craig reports to the Nectar Merchant. Of course the Nectar Merchant now wants them to use the Sapphire to get into the final French tomb and that story will be told in Episode 79.

I hope you enjoy this episode.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    Isla Paradiso Bunch Episode 79 is now available to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/00_bSxygq0M

There will be only 1 more episode of this series after this one. I'll start work on it soon and hope to have the series complete by this time next week.

This episode is about 50 minutes. It does the complete adventure of the Tomb of Jean Necteaux, the final big tomb under the Nectary in Champs Les Sims.

When I started the videos for the second playlist of the Isla Paradiso Bunch I said I wanted to have my sims find all of the tomb objects from each of the World Adventure Worlds. This challenge is successfully completed in this episode with the addition of the French Signet of the Tomb of Jean Necteaux to their collection.

Craig and Judy are the adventures for this episode. We do, very briefly, see the entire household at home in Dragon Valley at the end of this video.

I hope you enjoy the video.
  • Options
    @Karritz: Great video. :) So Craig got cursed by a mummy?

• Options
    @Karritz: Great video. :) So Craig got cursed by a mummy?

Thank you. Yes - Craig has another trip to the Sphinx lined up and they they go home to Dragon Valley and we get to see them all together and then it'll be the end of this playlist.