Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ZeeGee's Picturesque Thank You Thread

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    @ZeeGee - I commented on your YouTube page. Quite a site to see the long line of sims. :o:)

Edit to add: Spent a few hours downloading sliders and watching some YouTubes tutorials. I got lost and started watching other Sim related videos.

@Me1620 Got lost on YouTube (typical)? Or got lost trying to work the sliders?! If you need any help let me know. And YT algorhythm is designed to keep you watching constantly. It works. :smiley: Thanks for the comment.

@scillakees :lol: Kevin was hard to spot cause he didn't have his hair but I know you can do it.

Did y'all pick out Jodi? Don't know what she was thinking when she got dressed, lol. I also need to find her curly hair!

dIpgYKz.jpg
  • scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    edited September 2020
    Grey suit with shaved head? Did someone do that to him while he was sleeping?

I did spot Jodi. :) She was the first to break ranks. I just thought she had to run off to fix the spreadsheet. I don't see anything wrong with her outfit. It looks perfectly functional for telecommuting to work on a hot summer day.
    scillakees wrote: »
    Grey suit with shaved head? Did someone do that to him while he was sleeping?

I did spot Jodi. :) She was the first to break ranks. I just thought she had to run off to fix the spreadsheet. I don't see anything wrong with her outfit. It looks perfectly functional for telecommuting to work on a hot summer day.

@scillakees That's him! Hmmm, I wonder who would be cruel enough to do that to him...........

Jodi has her own sense of personal style which is different to mine. I thought about putting her back to the real Jodi who is elegant and looks ready for tea at the Ritz. But nahhhhh, I like her quirky and scheming to matchmake her friends. :smile:

• Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    @LOL - I did not pick out Jodi. I can imagine the stares I would get if I wore that outfit in OE/RL. ROFL.

I will have to go back to see if I can pick out Kevin.

It was YouTube I got lost in. You are right about the YT algorithm. I watched part of a Netflix documentary about social media. The documentary features past executives of various social media companies. They talked about how their sites grab us and keep us clicking.

As for the sliders, I found a YouTuber who provided links to her file of sliders. There are a lot of sliders included.

@scillakees - Too funny. Which reminds me I have to go delete past deals.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    @Me1620 That sounds like an interesting documentary. Information is knowledge, maybe I can stop myself! I go on YouTube to find a tutorial for something but something catches my eye and next thing I know it's an hour later and I've still not even looked for what I was there for. :neutral: Hope you're enjoying your new sliders! One of those creators who offers all her sliders has some cc in there also so you might want to have a look through just to see what all is in there.
    Jodi's top I think is from the steampunk set, but where are her shorts from? ... This is me behaving myself. :#

There are some great documentary channels on You Tube now. I also like some of the hobby history buff channels there too.

@Me1620 will you be sharing your slider sim creations with us? I use Nraas and have wanted to add item mods and stuff but am just too lazy to look the stuff up. The Items and how to use them.

@scillakees Scilla behaving herself? Oh no, are you sick? Have you taken your temperature???!!!! :wink:

@Me1620 Yes please share your new slider creations with us!

I went into game last night to put new Pippi on the catwalk and new Pippi was old Pippi again. I have so many sets of sliders in so many different game folders so not sure which sliders she's missing. This put me on a quest to organize my sliders, which took me 3 hours and I didn't come close to finishing.

And another point, what everyone says about sliders is that if you make a sim with custom sliders you can put them in a game without the sliders and they will look the same. But if you try to edit them in any way it will bork them out. My game has never worked that way. If I put a sim I've made with custom sliders into a new game folder, the custom slider alterations don't show. I'm wondering if people are installing Sims3packs, which include the custom sliders, so they are actually installed into the dbc file. And maybe that's why people think this is true? Just talking to myself :flushed:
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    And another point, what everyone says about sliders is that if you make a sim with custom sliders you can put them in a game without the sliders and they will look the same. But if you try to edit them in any way it will bork them out. My game has never worked that way. If I put a sim I've made with custom sliders into a new game folder, the custom slider alterations don't show. I'm wondering if people are installing Sims3packs, which include the custom sliders, so they are actually installed into the dbc file. And maybe that's why people think this is true? Just talking to myself :flushed:

@ZeeGee - :o I didn't know this. I did not install the sliders as packs. I just copied the folder of sliders into the Mod folder

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    @Me1620 What I meant was that some people include the sliders they used in the Sims3pack when they upload a sim, so when you install the sim the sliders are there in the sim file so the sim looks the way it was supposed to originally. That's what I get for talking to myself. I've confused you. :lol: All the sliders that I know of are package files and go into the mods folder. :smile:
    edited September 2020
    I've embarked on a mission to organize and consolidate all my sliders, a very time intensive thing because I have about 7 folders of various simmers' slider folders along with all the ones I've downloaded separately. Also, because some have renamed their sliders by adding a name or condensing the name it makes it extra difficult. And all this because I got frustrated when I didn't have the sliders I needed for Pippi when I put her in a new folder. See you in a month or so. :lol:

Oh and one more thing Jodi! Simtanico is the only one I know who is still creating sliders for Sims 3 and she has some great ones. They are usually not in the file folders of the simmers who share as they are new.

Here's a link but it seems like SimsFileShare is down right now:
    https://simtanico.tumblr.com/sliders-page

I need those top two!!

Edit to add: Simfileshare just tweeted that they're down and will probably be back up tomorrow when everyone goes back to work. That sounds like the new server can't handle much traffic? :neutral:
    @ZeeGee lol. I don't think it's possible to run out of new things to do with Sims 3... And they all take forever :D
    @ZeeGee lol. I don't think it's possible to run out of new things to do with Sims 3... And they all take forever :D

@scillakees They sure do. I will NEVER get my CC organized. That would take a year or more.

Organizing the sliders is going well but...whoo boy I have found some stuff in some of those folders that made my eyeballs pop out on stems. :astonished::lol: People do some very strange things with sims. That's all I'm sayin!
    I don't even want to know but I do want my lol's back. How I envision your face. o:):):o:s:|

Do it, Organize your CC. B) It's already taken me over 5 years to create my own Master Sims 3 catalog. Doesn't help that I'm trying to put everything into it and the program keeps crashing.

So what outfit will Pipi be wearing on the runway? ... .. . o:)
    I don't even want to know but I do want my lol's back. How I envision your face. o:):):o:s:|

Do it, Organize your CC. B) It's already taken me over 5 years to create my own Master Sims 3 catalog. Doesn't help that I'm trying to put everything into it and the program keeps crashing.

So what outfit will Pipi be wearing on the runway? ... .. . o:)

@scillakees Lol that is a pretty accurate interpretation of my face at the time. I really am usually angelic. Snort. You have a master catalog of your cc? I am amazed at your organization skills!

Don’t know the outfit yet. I went into CAS and saw her face had reverted without the sliders so didn’t even look for clothes.

Our LOLs, Oh how I miss them. When I was looking back on this thread trying to find pics there were so many funny posts by everyone and all those wonderful Lol’s are gone. Waaaah
    @scillakees Lol that is a pretty accurate interpretation of my face at the time. I really am usually angelic. Snort. You have a master catalog of your cc? I am amazed at your organization skills!

No, I have mods but I don't have CC, yet. It is a catalog of everything. It has install info with images links and sizes for everything. A list of glitches I've run into and how best to fix them. Info for the families I've created. In game recipes for metal/gem mixing. etc.

Organizing the sliders is going well but...whoo boy I have found some stuff in some of those folders that made my eyeballs pop out on stems. :astonished::lol: People do some very strange things with sims. That's all I'm sayin!

LOL. (Yes miss that button) I was playing with the sliders I have. Some are strange but my eyeballs did not pop out from the ones I saw. I will have to go through the ones I have. I don't think I will ever use some of them, like the one that distorted the mouth, or moving one eyeball over so my poor sim would have a lazy eye.

Thanks for the link to simtanico sliders.

^ Agree - another button I miss. Right now, I am going way back in Sims 3 time and going through World Adventure. I never did get top visas in the three worlds.

No, I have mods but I don't have CC, yet. It is a catalog of everything. It has install info with images links and sizes for everything. A list of glitches I've run into and how best to fix them. Info for the families I've created. In game recipes for metal/gem mixing. etc.

@scillakees Your organizational skills are impressive! I wish I had done that years ago. Everytime I get a new computer or reset a computer I have to go through the whole thing again, recognize graphics card, fix FPS, fix bloom, fix sgr files.... and I have to look it up cause I don't remember. But you are my sensei and this time (I have a new laptop) I'm going to write everything down that I do, including all of igazor's instructions so next time (I guess I'm finally accepting the fact that there will be a next time) I won't have to hunt and search to figure out how to do it all.
    Me1620 wrote: »

^ Agree - another button I miss. Right now, I am going way back in Sims 3 time and going through World Adventure. I never did get top visas in the three worlds.

@Me1620 Another thing I haven't done! I got sidetracked from playing with this video stuff and haven't come close to exploring everything there is to do in Sims 3. But I've learned a whole lot that I never would have! Now I'm the go to video editor girl in our family. :)

Well I spent about 3 days (I think) organizing my sliders, consolidating and sorting, then another day trying to figure out which of those sliders were borking my eye sliders (finally found it). And now here is Pippi, original Pippi and stage ready Pippi (her stage name is Delilah). While this was originally supposed to prove that custom sliders are the bomb and have made Pippi so much more...something, I think what it really proved is just that I'm better at making sims now. :lol: Pictures to follow.
    >:) How many store outfits will she be showcasing? .... I'm starting the fall season off properly by continuing to behave myself.

@Me1620 I couldn't agree more about the disappearance of agreeing with others. Are you completing all of the worlds at once or are you doing them separately? I haven't done much with the adventures yet either. That expansion pack is 11 years old. Nope, I'm not going to run out of things to explore in the game any time soon.

@ZeeGee My organizational skills are really not that impressive. I've been working on it for more than 5 years and still nowhere near completion. Igazor has a list of instructions? And you have always been amazing at creating sims. .....How far behind are these pictures?
    Pippi before:
    y5CyQlN.jpg
    Pippi after:
    sCqhzlC.jpg
    Both ingame:
    Pippi is in her store outfit that she must have modeled last time she was on the catwalk, Pippi 2 (Delilah) is in an outfit by Artsims for performing at Simsovision. :)
    iGsdPCD.jpg
    >:) How many store outfits will she be showcasing? .... I'm starting the fall season off properly by continuing to behave myself.

@ZeeGee My organizational skills are really not that impressive. I've been working on it for more than 5 years and still nowhere near completion. Igazor has a list of instructions? And you have always been amazing at creating sims. .....How far behind are these pictures?

Whoops cross posted. I have a copy of a PM where igazor walked me through getting my graphics card recognized and fixing some graphics things. And thank you! Pics posted. Though I did not prove my point.
    edited September 2020
    Catwalk battle! Who wins, Pippi Suzy homemaker or Pippi Rocker girl
    J8DgG7g.jpg

ETA: That was on the catwalk though you can't tell.
    Who thinks Scilla should share her document of hard work with us????? Then we would finally believe that you are behaving yourself @scillakees
    Sweet Pippi versus Scary Pippi
    qHGvqPG.jpg
    edited September 2020
    Who thinks Scilla should share her document of hard work with us????? Then we would finally believe that you are behaving yourself @scillakees

Document(s) not done. Far from it. I can show screenshots, where do you host your pics ?

Love the pixie cut on homemaker, rockers are always cool. Neither outfit allows for playing in nature. :expressionless:
    Nice Pippi versus naughty Pippi
    N53sFY1.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top