Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why so much hate for the star wars game pack

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I guess if people want "normal" there are the Barbie Dreamhouse games.

This Barbie House video is hilarious.
    It’s like The Sims Mobile in an alternate universe. But it’s incredibly close to being the same thing! The only difference is that the sims hover instead of walk. And the kitten can jump off the diving board. 😂

I watched the whole thing..... :D
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member

It’s like The Sims Mobile in an alternate universe. But it’s incredibly close to being the same thing! The only difference is that the sims hover instead of walk. And the kitten can jump off the diving board. 😂

I'm very impressed you managed that!

Within the first two minutes my brain exploded all over the wall. How could Scobre subject us to such a thing?
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I'm just not a fan of the franchise. I love the idea of another adventure pack, I was just hoping for something a little less, well, Star Warsy.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I'm happy about the SW pack, it's a perfect fit with my Get to Work, Strangerville & Realm of Magic packs. However, I still want my Fairies, Genies & Werewolves.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    I love the idea of this pack (I haven't played it fully yet), but the problem is timing and game quality. If the game were to be better and had everything we've been demanding since the base game lauched, little to no people would be raging about this pack.

@Karon Maybe if the pack was well executed. The first outrage came when the pack was announced because of the branding. The second outrage came when the pack was released and it had none of the things many normal Simmers or Star Wars fans wished for.

The bolded part. 😂😂
    I should get myself checked.

You and me both, sir.

Gotta admit, Batuu is what made me really want to log into the Sims 4 again. I'd be so hum-drum about it before, but hey, Star Wars super fan like my teacher used to call me, and since I can't troop lately in my biker scout, I'll just try and recreate all my 501st costumes using the Batuu pack and make my sims troop in my stead. (Plus, sopme folks in my Garrison are talking about the pack, and that's always a plus given how nerdy we are about Star Wars)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I just loved how they moved in it. I wouldn't mind if Sims cats could jump off the diving board too. But yes when I think of normal dollhouse and safe space gaming, I think of the Barbie games.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

I'm very impressed you managed that!

Within the first two minutes my brain exploded all over the wall. How could Scobre subject us to such a thing?
    No regrets. Never surrender, never give up. Now......I want to do a Galaxy Quest theme too. This pack just has so many options.
    Then again I do like playing the Virtual Villager games despite them moving in interesting ways too:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG0oThlFI6o

I tend to neither play just exclusively normal or fantasy. Since Sims 1 days I enjoy a mixture of both and I think this pack does well at catering to both. The dark side was such an interesting representation on fascism. Interesting when sci-fi becomes reality. Makes me wonder if people will do some Robocop stories with the pack too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I can't understand why people just give up a game they have previously liked just because a pack or a couple of packs comes out that they don't like.Don't they go on with the packs they already have? There's always Mods to help them if so. They obviously weren't keen on it in the first place. Best to leave and play something else, if they can find something else.

I can´t speak for anyone else, but for me, Sims 4 was not that good to begin with.
    There are issues for me, and since they are not rectifying those (like non existing teens and sims without personalities) and instead adding things like knitting and Star Wars, it does make an impact.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • LeCastelLeCastel Posts: 21 Member
    The community has asked for so many (much needed) things that were in previous Sims games, but we got this. Priorities, right? It is clearly a glorified ad and I don't like paying for advertisement. It feels like it should be a free handout to market a movie or another Star Wars games.

It's also Disney... they are rather protective if their properties. The Sims is all about creativity and doing your own thing. Well, not here, because Disney limits what you can do with their characters and universe! So it obviously doesn't fit well in the Sims, not without the freedom every part of the Sims has and deserves.

This could have been a great addition to the lackluster aliens we have in the Sims 4. They should have given them a home planet, not force another IP in here for the sake of getting a nice sum of Disney money.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    LeCastel wrote: »
    The community has asked for so many (much needed) things that were in previous Sims games, but we got this. Priorities, right? It is clearly a glorified ad and I don't like paying for advertisement. It feels like it should be a free handout to market a movie or another Star Wars games.

It's also Disney... they are rather protective if their properties. The Sims is all about creativity and doing your own thing. Well, not here, because Disney limits what you can do with their characters and universe! So it obviously doesn't fit well in the Sims, not without the freedom every part of the Sims has and deserves.

This could have been a great addition to the lackluster aliens we have in the Sims 4. They should have given them a home planet, not force another IP in here for the sake of getting a nice sum of Disney money.

I agree as you can't even build in the neighborhood as you could in the other vacation world so the term for me "Sand Box" does not even apply.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    Star Wars did bring hotels and people did ask for those. I guess my advice is be more specific whether you want something in a rabbit hole or not and other requests. Gurus sadly aren't Jedi mind readers. Like with sparkfairy's ideas for toddlers threads, we got very specific what we wanted out of toddlers so much so toddler beds made it into that game from that thread.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Star Wars did bring hotels and people did ask for those. I guess my advice is be more specific whether you want something in a rabbit hole or not and other requests. Gurus sadly aren't Jedi mind readers. Like with sparkfairy's ideas for toddlers threads, we got very specific what we wanted out of toddlers so much so toddler beds made it into that game from that thread.

Seriously, that would be major trolling on their part if that was their intention with the Batuu hotel.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited September 2020

I don’t think JtB was their way of introducing hotels. The ‘hotels‘ on Batuu are for convenience only. It’s a way to skip mundane actions such as using the jacks, the shower and sleep. Quick little rabbithole so your sims can get back to their missions.

I’m pretty sure the team does know exactly what kind of hotels folks want, which are ownable resorts to start with. Nobody needs to be a Jedi mind reader for that. ;)
    edited September 2020

I don’t think JtB was their way of introducing hotels. The ‘hotels‘ on Batuu are for convenience only. It’s a way to skip mundane actions such as using the jacks, the shower and sleep. Quick little rabbithole so your sims can get back to their missions.

I’m pretty sure the team does know exactly what kind of hotels folks want, which are ownable resorts to start with. Nobody needs to be a Jedi mind reader for that. ;)
    I know. ;) But yes doesn't hurt to share new ideas for hotels. Would be cool to even have Bed and Breakfast ones.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Personally I do feel that this is one step too far towards product placement. It really should have been free, an add-on offered as a Disney "thing".
    ESPECIALLY since it is based on a theme park with no new powers and tight control over the NPC Sims and all aliens being people in costume.

It LITERALLY is an interactive advertisement for a Disney Theme Park.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Personally I do feel that this is one step too far towards product placement. It really should have been free, an add-on offered as a Disney "thing".
    ESPECIALLY since it is based on a theme park with no new powers and tight control over the NPC Sims and all aliens being people in costume.

@Beardedgeek Yes but people buy it, that's the funny thing. People will literally buy an ad. This is why EA releases that stuff.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

@Beardedgeek Yes but people buy it, that's the funny thing. People will literally buy an ad. This is why EA releases that stuff.

To be fair the trailer (and hype) is not very true to the true nature of the pack...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

To be fair the trailer (and hype) is not very true to the true nature of the pack...

The trailer was very misleading. People thought there were going to be actual occults with this.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

There’s no need to worry at all. Only a handful of abnormal people bought this pack. Luckily the majority is totally ordinary and have the sense not to fall for this kind of silly business.
    But man do I enjoy this advert. Someone please lock me up. In a rabbit hole.

Beardedgeek Yes but people buy it, that's the funny thing. People will literally buy an ad. This is why EA releases that stuff.

There’s no need to worry at all. Only a handful of abnormal people bought this pack. Luckily the majority is totally ordinary and have the sense not to fall for this kind of silly business.
    True just like H&M pack and IKEA pack and Moschino pack and Katy Perry pack and Superstar pack. I guess we are all victims of marketing at one point of the Sims history. ;)

Beardedgeek Yes but people buy it, that's the funny thing. People will literally buy an ad. This is why EA releases that stuff.

True just like H&M pack and IKEA pack and Moschino pack and Katy Perry pack and Superstar pack. I guess we are all victims of marketing at one point of the Sims history. ;)

I vote for IKEA to release their entire catalogue in a sims compatible version too.
    crocobaura wrote: »

I vote for IKEA to release their entire catalogue in a sims compatible version too.
    Tiny Living Stuff was the IKEA pack. There was even a nod to the brand in a chair description I think for the chair that looks like the Jules one.
    https://gfx-hub.net/3d-models/furniture/5915-jules-chair-from-ikea.html

Tiny Living Stuff was the IKEA pack. There was even a nod to the brand in a chair description I think for the chair that looks like the Jules one.

Tiny Living has very pretty furniture, but it was like 30 square meters of IKEA. :smile:
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    i dont think thats their way of introducing hotels. at least i hope not. there are a lot of rabbit holes. i dont mind most of them but would be nice if there was more then mostly the cantina being the only place to really go apart from doing missions.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    edited September 2020

Are you somehow choosing to neglect the fact that all the brand packs you mention were "stuff" packs? And not a game pack?