Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please no autonomous woohoo

2...Next

Comments

• CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I had Sims autonomously woohoo only twice before I started using mods. I thought it was great, but I can see why the OP wouldn't want that. It would be nice to have a switch to turn it on or off, according to player preference.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited September 2020
    I have ace couples that don't woohoo. I really wish I could disable autonomous woohoo. Or maybe even have a special no woohoo aspiration reward trait I could give my sims. My sims should be able to have woohoo-free relationships.

Kinda irritated because I just caught one of my ace couples woohooing on love day. It's not for them. :(

They really prep for romance when it comes to love day. You could go in the calendar and look for love day and just remove that holiday.

If you didn't remove the holiday yet and its love day, you could just "X" out of love day when it pops up, your sims may be sad for a while though :) I wouldn't decorate for love day either.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Yesterday my sims did autonomous woohoo in the shower! I loved it. It’s only happened once previously in my game, and that couple used their daughter’s bed.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    Yesterday my sims did autonomous woohoo in the shower! I loved it. It’s only happened once previously in my game, and that couple used their daughter’s bed.

Eww my sims will often choose to woohoo in other sims beds. It's gross and something that bothers me a lot. :D

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I had a male couple woohoo autonomously once, turns out it was a "Try for baby" because they got pregnant. Quite surprisingly. And not at all expected. Resulted in twins too, no less.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    Wow, I think I must be playing a different game. My sims get whims to woohoo but have never acted on it. To autonomously try for a baby whould be icing on the cake for me but I can see how it would upset some. I want some cake.

My sims went through a phase where every time I went afk for a minute I'd come back to find them mid trying for a baby. It can get a bit exasperating after the 10th afk baby lol.
  • LauraRLauraR Posts: 60 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I have seen some people say that sims do it autonomously, but in the six years of playing the Sims 4 I have honestly never had sims woohoo autonomously. Ever.

I am not sure if it is a low weighted autonomous action or there has always been something else for my couples to do, but it seems odd to not see it in 6 years. Perchance could it be a mod issue?

I play vanilla, no mods and no cc, and have recently caught one of my married couples sneaking into a closet for woo hoo and was even more surprised to find one of my teens wandering off with some boy to "mess around".

I actually like the autonomous decisions, feel like it gives their relationships and character more depth than just being a "paper doll" I control.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    LauraR wrote: »
    I have seen some people say that sims do it autonomously, but in the six years of playing the Sims 4 I have honestly never had sims woohoo autonomously. Ever.

I am not sure if it is a low weighted autonomous action or there has always been something else for my couples to do, but it seems odd to not see it in 6 years. Perchance could it be a mod issue?

I play vanilla, no mods and no cc, and have recently caught one of my married couples sneaking into a closet for woo hoo and was even more surprised to find one of my teens wandering off with some boy to "mess around".

I actually like the autonomous decisions, feel like it gives their relationships and character more depth than just being a "paper doll" I control.

I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I have couples where the bars are full but never have they woohoo ed Autonomously. I would love if they handled this by themselves, since it feels like an unecessary chore for me to tell them how to express love to each other. I don't like to make them both romantic so it feels like consentual
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don't know if it matters, but my Sims that try for baby autonomously are family oriented.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    babajayne wrote: »

Eww my sims will often choose to woohoo in other sims beds. It's gross and something that bothers me a lot. :D

I pretty much had to switch to always clicking the bed or other location I wanted them to woohoo rather than using the conversation option, because they always seemed to choose someone else's bed when given the choice.

I thought of another reason I may not have seen autonomous woohoo. All my couples who are super high in both bars and always all over each other, are the same couples I direct to woohoo all the time anyway. When I catch them autonomously flirting and kissing I tend to go ahead and queue that up. Maybe if I left them alone they'd do it themselves.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    I've only ever seen this with mods, and then it can be disabled via the mods..
  • LeilathaLeilatha Posts: 24 Member
    After this thread, I have the impression that there is something wrong with my game. I've never had an autonomous woohoo or trying for a baby. Also, no Sim ever started flirting with my Sim until I filled bar a little by myself. Once I tried to "force" two Sims to flirt, had full autonomy turned on, filled the room with flirty things and still nothing. My sims with full autonomy just talk, don't even choose any topics from the wheel, they just talk, unless they are already a couple, then sometimes they can kiss.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I mostly play with woohoo free couples and never had then autonomously doing it, is it mod related?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited October 2020
    I have the autonomous woohoo regulary, even before I had installed mccc, my only mod and usually I play with autonomy off. I love this feature. I would miss it for sure, it makes me smile. This moment, when I don't watch them and they take their chance. I'm a generous watcher, I don't cancel this interaction when it happens.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited October 2020

My sims have not done this either. I do have a mod now so they will do other things autonomously (if I don't cancel it that is >:) ). But not WooHoo. I always have to direct that.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited October 2020
    Certain objects like closets, woohoo bushes and leaf piles are definitely too heavily weighted for woohoo. If you have a very flirty couple they will almost certainly head off to the closet or leaf pile.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My Sims do autonomously kiss and hug all the time, but never woohoo.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    Forgive my naivety, but what is an Ace couple? This is the first time I've ever seen the term. And, wouldn't you know it, my universal translator is busted. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I've had this happen very rarely and it's a shame because I like it when my sims woohoo on their own. And then I mean among couples. I'd like my sims to flirt a lot more. The pink bar always sink because my couples doesn't interact with each other enough :neutral:
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Forgive my naivety, but what is an Ace couple? This is the first time I've ever seen the term. And, wouldn't you know it, my universal translator is busted. :open_mouth:

I believe it stands for asexual.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I wish mine would woohoo automatically - been playing since TS2 and never had it happen. :(
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I play vanilla and I have two married couples who have woohoo'd autonomously. It was years ago, though.They woohoo'd many times autonomously during a short time period. I remember reading about it on the forum, it was common then, it was probably added on some patch. Then it suddenly stopped and I heard that they'd disabled it because so many people complained about it.
    I'm not 100% sure if it happened like that, but one of my couples were like rabbits when they were both on a flirty mood back then.
    Some time ago one couple made out in the closet autonomously. but I haven't had any autonomous woohoo in my game for a long time. I wish it would still happen.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I have one couple who woohoos autonomously. I do use mods, but am not using anything to increase autonomous woohoo odds or anything. It's really only this one couple that I see on a regular basis. One of them is a romantic sim, the other isn't. Sometimes it's a bush, or rocket, sometimes it's a bed. However, I haven't seen my other couples do this so I wasn't really sure if it was something that had been nerfed or disabled but I don't think it has. I think the odds of it happening just aren't very high or maybe if there's other factors involved like them both being very flirty?