Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how terrifying the infected sims from Strangerville are?

Comments

• LilyHavenLilyHaven Posts: 2 New Member
    I want to get this pack but I'm really creeped out haha. I love a good alien invasion. Reminds me of the Invasion of the Body Snatchers, I love love love that movie. 1956 version is my fav. This pack will be my next buy for sure.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I love all your funny Strangerville Minions pictures. Too funny. 😂🤣
    I always thought they were the REAL Zombies.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Just a thought, has anyone tried to put a Motherplant in Batuu?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Just a thought, has anyone tried to put a Motherplant in Batuu?

No, but that’s an awesome idea! My Strangerville hero is currently exploring Batuu, so it would work quite well.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    They are pretty freaky.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited September 2020
    I have only just started playing Strangerville and I agree it is wonderfully creepy!

WL8EGmwh.png

My sim is very worried about his husband's strange behaviour. Time to investigate...
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2020
    As terrifying as they look I just wish they were more interactive or a bit more dangerous! They look freaky but nothing bad can happen. And I wish sims could be scared of them.
    Funny pics! Love strangerville
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I love the infection :) And it's not really a problem keeping it as sims will get full bars before they get up in the morning, and they can live normal life during the day. In fact, I have not yet tried to stop the infection, but guess I should do that at one point just to play through that story.

8627df46b0fa6e54d89604362a5e82ad08b0a503.jpg

In my game Ted Rossell is Lord of Acres. He is a member of the RIGHT party, and StrangerVille's Hood Contact. Here is the group photo of all candidates from the RIGHT party taken just before the previous election. Makes me laugh, as everyone but Ted managed to stand still.

040da6e2df077be1a54c0ff54577925c049efe1c.jpg

Ted is not your typical Hood Contact, though...

(Yes, I normally take group photos like this in the night, to avoid some running off to go to work or school).

Omg this last picture is EPIC 😱😂😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    Stepford Wives.
    stepford1.jpg

I knew Stepford was in the Sims 4. ;)

A possessed tragic clown would be fun to see.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I love possessed Sims, they're so funny! I can see how some would think they're a bit creepy/scary though. Especially when they run around with their head flopped over like their neck is broken or when you see something like this:

KbvO9tr.png

Now that's scary! o.O

Most of the possessed Sims I've played with though just look funny, almost cute and endearing in a way. Yep, I'm weird. :D Oh and I've had entire welcoming committees of possessed Sims too. Usually with Ted Roswell bringing the fruitcake. Fruitcake already has a bad rep as it is, can you imagine how unappealing it would be to eat a loaf of it this guy made on top of that? :D

8sBh3sx.png
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Oh I love how they made the possessed look, I just threw a party with one sim and forgot that one of the guest was infected (my witch gave him a "poisoned apple" aka strange fruit earlier) until he had an episode, loved it!

I am thinking about building an insane asylum and make all the sims in there infected, it seems fitting.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I just started playing there again as well, I only played through it twice when it was new. I had my half alien and her boyfriend move there, she is investigating (but I probably won’t finish it so it stays strange), and he is in the military. They did have all infected Sims as their welcome wagon, and the human boyfriend was also abducted on the first night too. I’m having so much fun with this story and it just started!
    @RavenSpit
    I am thinking about building an insane asylum and make all the sims in there infected, it seems fitting.

I did that! It was SO fun! All my residents except the controlled Sim were possessed, paranoid and erratic! I put the asylum on the Caldera Camp lot in Sulani and gave it the Haunted trait for added measure! :)
    Rv43QYk.png
    MjYI2Nf.png
    KR4JwAy.png
    nujg00f.png
    KWDt8sh.png
    @Karababy52 lmao, those screencaps are gold! the last one had me in tears, it just looks so dumb :D glitches do be funny sometimes.

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yes, I think StrangerVille is an underrated pack. There was a lot of detail in it.

The infected sims are, indeed, creepy. I pretty much wanted to solve the crisis and go back to a normal world. I like that the player can choose what state to leave the situation in. I don't mind having optional directed play concepts sometimes.

Star Wars doesn't really interest me personally, but I don't judge the fact that it does interest some players.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
    @RavenSpit
    lmao, those screencaps are gold! the last one had me in tears, it just looks so dumb :D glitches do be funny sometimes.

Agreed, some glitches are hilarious, that wasn't a glitch though. For some reason when the residents were possessed, some of them would stand there like that looking in the fridge. Cracked me up! :D
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    This is fantastic. Love it. Strangerville gets a lot of hate on here, and I get it, because I was dubious at first too. But I bought it on sale and love the infected sims. I knew it was the closest sci-fi supernatural I was going to get in this version of the game. And tbh the marketing of the pack was really solid with all those creepy tweets. I'll have to add my pictures when I'm not on mobile procrastinating sleep when I have work in the morning ;)
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    I’m just going to leave this here...

:naughty:
    9uSsBOQ.png
    UvEzYGD.png
    edited September 2020
    @GracieO312 what a beautiful and happy looking sim :)

This is my Lazarus, he bought some strange juice and now he his finally happy
    9-8-2020_10-02-03_am-kyk5q.png

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2020
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @RavenSpit

I did that! It was SO fun! All my residents except the controlled Sim were possessed, paranoid and erratic! I put the asylum on the Caldera Camp lot in Sulani and gave it the Haunted trait for added measure! :)
    Rv43QYk.png
    MjYI2Nf.png
    KR4JwAy.png
    nujg00f.png
    KWDt8sh.png

Oh my gosh, these are some of the funniest Sims pictures I've ever seen!!!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    @GracieO312 what a beautiful and happy looking sim :)

This is my Lazarus, he bought some strange juice and now he his finally happy
    9-8-2020_10-02-03_am-kyk5q.png

Aw thank you! I think she's a total hottie haha

He's adorable :) I love how the occult sims look twice as scary when possessed
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Can I say I love this thread it makes me realise why I love this pack and the sims so much.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    The pics keeps getting better, scarier, and oh so funny! lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    The first time I saw an infected sim in the game, I thought I had hurt myself laughing. To me, they are hilarious and I still crack up when I see one. For that reason alone I love Strangerville, that and it is my new home base for my Batuu warriors while they skill up. The scenery is gorgeous!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    The first time I saw an infected sim in the game, I thought I had hurt myself laughing. To me, they are hilarious and I still crack up when I see one. For that reason alone I love Strangerville, that and it is my new home base for my Batuu warriors while they skill up. The scenery is gorgeous!

Love this idea.

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie