Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 should be about the city life

I think that the series has matured to give us a real city in the base.

Of course if you want to live the suburban dream then why not? I mean each city has suburbs so we can have both.

But I want a real living, breathing city for my Sims to live and work in.

I want us to be able to add to this city through each EP.

Add a University.

Add a nightclub.

Add a music venue.

This should be the core of TS5. There should be no loading screens. WE are in 2020 now and it is time for our Sims to take a bite out of the big apple. Live in the big smoke and make our dreams become a reality!

Oh yes, we also need parks so if you love your pink trees you can do that too :wink:

tjfdEyR.jpg
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited September 2020
    I wholeheartedly disagree.

A potential Sims 5 should give us the ability to create our own worlds. Not limit gameplay to one kind of world.
    We do live in 2020 after all.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

A potential Sims 5 should give us the ability to create our own worlds. Not limit gameplay to one kind of world.

Well every city has the country side surrounding it
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Sims 5 should be a smash up of all the great elements from previous sim games and mods.
    Like open world s3
    Story progression
    Build mode and cas mode s4
    Animation and babies s2
    And consequences like s1 and s2
    All life stages maybe add in a couple more
    S2 cars
    Heights
    Things like pools, cars, life stages, firemen, police, newspapers, jobs etc should be with base game when it first arrives on the shelf.

The list goes on... feel free to add.

One personal want but probably will never happen: a lightly higher age rating so those elements from previous games like robbers and fish slapping are back.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Disagree, I like there being a diverse variety of worlds. I don't see Sulani for example fitting around a city location. I would however like to see more cities in the next game. One isn't really enough, I need more variety.
  • LeCastelLeCastel Posts: 21 Member
    Not so much city life as neighborhood life for me.

I want to see my neighbors. I want to live in a street that actually feels alive. The world shouldn't revolve around the Sims I currently play. I want my neighbors to have a daily routine, I want to see them bring their kids to school, I want to see Bob's nextdoor mistress sneak into their house after the wife leaves for work, I want to see the kids play together and grow up together, I want to see marriage, divorces, parties they throw in their garden etc.

That's sorely lacking. Don't get me wrong, it has some positives too, but it's not immersive. It feels so dead in the Sims 4.

And where will my dragons, unicorns and werebeasts live? In the City Park with the pink trees? In the backyard? On my uncle’s ranch in the country side?
    And how long will it take until I reach the desert or the jungle? Just a stroll around the block, turn left and you’ve reached your destination?
    How big is this open world going to be without loading screens? I’m all for more cities mind you. But I wouldn’t like the new title to just revolve around living there.

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2020
    I would like more city life but don't want that to be the whole theme of the game. Urban is great for some Sims, for others it's not. Right now I'm playing a mix in one world in TS2 in a world I built. However, after I put more than half my Sims in that world (in an urban section in the center of the world) in apartment buildings I have started to add more houses to the surroundings farther away since I getting tired of switching and playing each apartment. It's starting to get annoying, lol, seeing them all out on the street (my other Sims) and they aren't going to work but just hanging out there all day like bums. In TS3 I see them go to work, I wish TS2's apartment buildings worked that way. They used to, but something later happened (can't rememer which pack) that broke that feature, some would leave if it was time for them to go to work, etc.

So, long story short, once most of them (many different households) save up enough money I'm moving them to single dwelling households (private owned homes) out of the 'city'. lol Just like CL, TS2's AL has it's 'townies' and dang I'm tired of seeing them instead of Goopy and or someone who isn't dressed in that annoying garb. Same way I got annoyed with CL like that.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    The game might get a city but Simmers will just go on playing in their own linear way, choosing the same options and then complaining about the lack of gameplay. From what I saw of the explanation of how Sims work. You have to choose diverse options to get into a different "tree" and vary their lives, so choosing "friendly introduction" every time is a loser from the start.

I've always wanted to follow those little Sims you see moving into homes in SimCity4 as it develops though and see how their lives would develop in The Sims!
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited September 2020
    LeCastel wrote: »

I want to see my neighbors. I want to live in a street that actually feels alive. The world shouldn't revolve around the Sims I currently play. I want my neighbors to have a daily routine, I want to see them bring their kids to school, I want to see Bob's nextdoor mistress sneak into their house after the wife leaves for work, I want to see the kids play together and grow up together, I want to see marriage, divorces, parties they throw in their garden etc.

That's sorely lacking. Don't get me wrong, it has some positives too, but it's not immersive. It feels so dead in the Sims 4.

Oooh I love these ideas 😍 Having grown up in NYC, San Myshuno doesn’t cut it!

Also I think it would be cool to have a “living, breathing” city in base game that sprawls out into suburbia and countryside. Something for everyone and a little diversity to do whatever you want with.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member

Also I think it would be cool to have a “living, breathing” city in base game that sprawls out into suburbia and countryside. Something for everyone and a little diversity to do whatever you want with.

LOVE these ideas!

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    love the idea but as a player i like a nice family life in a nice quiett neighborhood thats close to towns for shoping and sims go to work but not to live in
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

And where will my dragons, unicorns and werebeasts live? In the City Park with the pink trees? In the backyard? On my uncle’s ranch in the country side?
    And how long will it take until I reach the desert or the jungle? Just a stroll around the block, turn left and you’ve reached your destination?
    How big is this open world going to be without loading screens? I’m all for more cities mind you. But I wouldn’t like the new title to just revolve around living there.

How about a dragon park in the middle of the city? The beating heart of the city?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Oooh I love these ideas 😍 Having grown up in NYC, San Myshuno doesn’t cut it!

Players could give each neighbourhood a theme in the types of houses and maybe the social class. If you want big houses you can have the usual gated community but if you want to play rags to riches maybe start out in the slums. Perhaps an inner city area can have the so called 'ghetto' with the high rise blocks?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

How about a dragon park in the middle of the city? The beating heart of the city?

If it’s an ancient, mythical city I could live with it. 😉

If it’s an ancient, mythical city I could live with it. 😉

Why not! Maybe if there is a Superntural type EP players who love all that stuff could make something like that.

Maybe you are thinking of something like this?

2985599.jpg

That could be fun to play in

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @king_of_simcity7 yea, it would be really cool to make our own districts and set different rules and aesthetics. I guess something like NAPs that actually work! 😂

I like that ancient-looking city you shared. It would be cool to have cities and/or towns that are more layered and labyrinthine, offering secrets around every turn and fun experiences to find. I don’t like how the current towns are so “collection” based where excitement revolves around what random artifact you’ll find.

I’d prefer to uncover unique experiences....find an underground band rocking out in an offshoot alley, a mysterious merchant selling one-of-a-kind wares that can’t be glommed from debug or bought from the rewards store, stumble upon an impromptu basketball match and make new friends, find a strange lad playing chess solo in the park that regales you with town gossip or investment tips.

I’d love something immersive like that!
    edited September 2020
    @king_of_simcity7 I also like the image of the ancient city that you shared, but again, this has to be part of a completely different world. You can’t get around not having loading screens with different options like this.

Personally I would like as much open world as possible ( Im a huge fan of sims 3 worlds and CAW) but my sim can’t travel to different cultures/ climates/ time periods without a loading screen to get there. For my personal play style full customization is key. I wouldn’t mind an ever expanding map that let’s you choose (and create) different areas in the sim universe (including planets), but I know for a fact that each area has to live behind some kind of loading screen (or cut scene).

There are some great ideas in this thread regarding immersive neighborhoods and cities though!
    I believe the most important thing of any life simulation game that offers world areas to live in, is that those areas- may it be a city, a suburb, a dark woods or a desert- do indeed need to feel ‘alive’, completely immersive and true to their character.
    @king_of_simcity7 I also like the image of the ancient city that you shared, but again, this has to be part of a completely different world. You can’t get around not having loading screens with different options like this.

Personally I would like as much open world as possible ( Im a huge fan of sims 3 worlds and CAW) but my sim can’t travel to different cultures/ climates/ time periods without a loading screen to get there. For my personal play style full customization is key. I wouldn’t mind an ever expanding map that let’s you choose (and create) different areas in the sim universe (including planets), but I know for a fact that each area has to live behind some kind of loading screen (or cut scene).

There are some great ideas in this thread regarding immersive neighborhoods and cities though!
    I believe the most important thing of any life simulation game that offers world areas to live in, is that those areas- may it be a city, a suburb, a dark woods or a desert- do indeed need to feel ‘alive’, completely immersive and true to their character.

I think that open worlds should be a must in TS5. They should have never gone back to the close world format of TS4. It was a mistake and a deal breaker for a lot of players. Literally every single game being released now consists of large open worlds. The Sims can easily pull it off here in the 2020s
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,065 Member
    While open worlds, in my opinion, are a must of TS5, I wholeheartedly disagree with the world we’re given being a city. I’m tired of the millennial simulator The Sims has become.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

In TS3, I had two sims live next door to each other that were best friends I wanted to bring together eventually. But my active sim started going to university and had gotten so busy studying, skilling up and building friendships with his classmates and professors that he hadn't been able to hang out with her for quite a while even when she invites him to hang out with her. So the next thing I know, I see her outside of her house and she's being flirted by some other sim, whispering sweet nothings into her ear. And then she invites him in. The last thing I saw is both her and this new suitor going up the stairs to the second floor....

So I'm sitting there going, *Gasp!* "Oh no, she DIDN'T!!! I can't believe she's about to do what I think she's going to do!"

My active sim did miss her though. He would get wishes to spend time with her to do things, but this time, she would turn him down when he called her to hang out together somewhere. So a few sim days later, his best friend and her boyfriend were outside her house again flirting with each other and you just know where that is going to lead.... This time, I had my sim talk to her with romance interactions. I thought she would turn him down, but she actually responded back in kind! So that other guy was just her rebound boyfriend! Needless to say, she quickly dumped him for my active sim! They are all students at the college so my active sim always runs into the dumped ex - they HATE each other, lol!

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

I think that open worlds should be a must in TS5. They should have never gone back to the close world format of TS4. It was a mistake and a deal breaker for a lot of players. Literally every single game being released now consists of large open worlds. The Sims can easily pull it off here in the 2020s
    KatNip wrote: »
    While open worlds, in my opinion, are a must of TS5, I wholeheartedly disagree with the world we’re given being a city. I’m tired of the millennial simulator The Sims has become.

I agree that open world is a MUST with story progression. That's why I can't even play TS2 anymore even though I love its game play features. Create-A-World is a MUST as well with built-in travel between worlds. That way, cities, suburbs and more rural areas of any time period or place, fantasy and space/sci-fi can be had and everybody gets what they want. For me personally, I want to play ALL of them.

• dehavlendehavlen Posts: 4 New Member
    B) I think Sims creators should really take their time creating Sims 5 and bring it up to date. For those of us that would like Sims to be on the level of Watch Dog 2 ,Vampyr, GTA5 and the Witcher 3 worlds. The graphics and interactions should be more realistic and up-to-date with the times. I love the games that I mentioned and defiantly play them more and find it hard to go back to Sims 4 game play. I think it would be really cool to have a open world like that for Sims, with the added game packs (DLC) Sims currently has minus a few, but in a more updated visual platform (delivery). I think Sims is great but defiantly needs a remodel.
    KatNip wrote: »

LOL why does a city automatically = millennial simulator?
    If it’s a non-open world, it would be cool if you could determine how each town or city links together. Like you could select which towns are a quick jaunt by car or cheap public transport and which ones require a more expensive plane ticket to visit.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Sims 5 should probably not exist.