Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    You can make one of your body parts detachable without any negative repercussions. What body part would it be and why?

My hair. So I can wash it easily. Like a wig. XD

That's a good idea...

See, my issue with that is it's still a pita to wash a wig. I'd be more impressed if I could just toss it in the washing machine.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited September 2020
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    American Girl's new historical doll is from 1986.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSu9lUZpf3djjRI4Drd3ulcZISy6cMibwhnKg&usqp=CAU

I have strong feelings about this.

I was never into dolls, but I do think there's a Canadian version of those. I used to get a mail-order catalogue for them right before the holidays (I don't know why, but it might've been because of a kid's magazine subscription?). That arcade machine is cool though. I wonder if it actually works? That'd be awesome!

Did they? I don't think they'd did when I was young. I know they did have a Canadian version of the Dear America diaries. Yeah, you probably got the catalog because the kids magazine sold them your info. I'll have to check to see if you can even buy the pacman console, and if you can, if it's playable.

Update: the game is playable, but also $150 USD. They went all out with the collabs, you can also get a Bonne Bell Lipsmackers, a Care Bears slumber party set, and a Pacman lunchbox. Also, her bedroom set comes with a Pacman shaped pillow.

Edit: And a Caboodles!

Yes, I think the dolls were called Maplea Girls or something? There was an Anne of Green Gables toyset with some. Came with the hat, dress, and a school desk? Something like that.

I loved the Dear Canada series! I learned more about Canadian history from those books than what I learned from school. It was cool hearing about the perspective of world events from the worldview of a fictional character around your age.

That does seem to be a lot of promotional material for one toy. Do the American Doll girls normally have that many collaborations? Speaking of arcade games, when I was in the US last, I saw an arcade game machine for sale. It was on display, so I played it for a bit. It was Galaga.

I poked around on the Maplelea website and apparently they are unaffiliated with American Girl, but they seem like a nice alternative for Canadians.

I really liked the Dear American books, too! A lot of them were really well written (or so I thought at the time, but who knows XD)

I don't know how it works now, but back when I used to get the catalogs, all the girls had a lot of accessories you could buy. There was the doll and her every day clothes, for the Meet ____ book. And then outfits and accessories for all her other books, I think there were 6 per girl? A summer story, a Christmas story, a birthday story, and I can't remember what else. Also there was a bedroom set and pajamas you could get. As far as I know, this is the first time there has been any brand collaborations, but I don't really keep up with American Girl. I think I was even only recommended the article because just earlier this week, I completely coincidentally was messaging my cousin about getting her kid an American Girl doll because they usually have one at Costco in the Christmas toys section.

When I got the catalogs, I remember Felicity, Kirsten, Addy, Samantha, and Molly, and then when I was bit older (but still getting the catalogs), they introduced Josefina. And then when my other cousin's kid was little and into AG dolls, I bought her gift cards, so I know they introduced two others, Kit and Julie. Plus they started doing this competition where a girl would have a doll and story made about her and they would sell it for a year. I wonder if they still do that. It's a bit strange...

Oh, and tbh, I wanted a Bitty Baby, too. Even though they're really intended for younger kids...

1986 is historical??? Wow, my mom must be old :joy:

Girl, I'm about to fight you 😤

ETA: Oh, I never had a doll, but I did get the theatrical computer game, which was awful 😂

https://youtu.be/KqGwUffHyCo

Oh, I've heard of that video game. I watched LGR's review too! :tongue:

And ohmygosh catalogues! You reminded me of the Sear Wishbook, which always came out sometime in September or October? (can't remember). It was a HUGE catalogue, like it had at least 300-400 pages. I loved looking through all the toys. We never ordered anything from it though, but I'd imagine lots of people did.

But then....they started getting smaller and one year the Wishbooks were no more. Sears isn't a thing anymore either. I kinda miss the Wishbook. :/
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    Donald trump is banning tick tok in America on Sunday
    please like/awesome this post cause if this makes it into the 'best of' it would be really funny

Also "Wechat" as well is going to be banned :no_mouth:

as I've seen on news.

Their both chinese (does donald trump dislike China, which is highly likely as they started a global pandemic)

:) I think he has always been like this, or I can remove the "I think" :)
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    edited September 2020
    Donald trump is banning tick tok in America on Sunday
    please like/awesome this post cause if this makes it into the 'best of' it would be really funny

Also "Wechat" as well is going to be banned :no_mouth:

as I've seen on news.

Their both chinese (does donald trump dislike China, which is highly likely as they started a global pandemic)

*THEY'RE
    They are both Chinese made.
    not their (meaning belonging to something or someone)
    Their doges are very nice.

Trump is just racist, it has nothing to do with the pandemic. Besides, reports say covid was around before it landed in China. That's just where it happened to spread.

And we deal with the flu every year...and that's just as bad soooo can this even be considered a pandemic anymore? I just want to be able to leave my house again, without someone threatening to arrest me :confounded:
    Today's Q Q is:
    You can make one of your body parts detachable without any negative repercussions. What body part would it be and why?

My hair. So I can wash it easily. Like a wig. XD

That's a good idea...

See, my issue with that is it's still a pita to wash a wig. I'd be more impressed if I could just toss it in the washing machine.

That's true...wigs can be a be a hassle :unamused:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    60 pages left to go!

Please no more political stuff (against the rules) or mods WILL shut us down. We are so close! I'm not saying anything else about him, his hair, or anything.

@Cavapoo_King - Blah blah blah
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!

I was never into dolls, but I do think there's a Canadian version of those. I used to get a mail-order catalogue for them right before the holidays (I don't know why, but it might've been because of a kid's magazine subscription?). That arcade machine is cool though. I wonder if it actually works? That'd be awesome!

Did they? I don't think they'd did when I was young. I know they did have a Canadian version of the Dear America diaries. Yeah, you probably got the catalog because the kids magazine sold them your info. I'll have to check to see if you can even buy the pacman console, and if you can, if it's playable.

Update: the game is playable, but also $150 USD. They went all out with the collabs, you can also get a Bonne Bell Lipsmackers, a Care Bears slumber party set, and a Pacman lunchbox. Also, her bedroom set comes with a Pacman shaped pillow.

Yes, I think the dolls were called Maplea Girls or something? There was an Anne of Green Gables toyset with some. Came with the hat, dress, and a school desk? Something like that.

I loved the Dear Canada series! I learned more about Canadian history from those books than what I learned from school. It was cool hearing about the perspective of world events from the worldview of a fictional character around your age.

That does seem to be a lot of promotional material for one toy. Do the American Doll girls normally have that many collaborations? Speaking of arcade games, when I was in the US last, I saw an arcade game machine for sale. It was on display, so I played it for a bit. It was Galaga.

I poked around on the Maplelea website and apparently they are unaffiliated with American Girl, but they seem like a nice alternative for Canadians.

I really liked the Dear American books, too! A lot of them were really well written (or so I thought at the time, but who knows XD)

I don't know how it works now, but back when I used to get the catalogs, all the girls had a lot of accessories you could buy. There was the doll and her every day clothes, for the Meet ____ book. And then outfits and accessories for all her other books, I think there were 6 per girl? A summer story, a Christmas story, a birthday story, and I can't remember what else. Also there was a bedroom set and pajamas you could get. As far as I know, this is the first time there has been any brand collaborations, but I don't really keep up with American Girl. I think I was even only recommended the article because just earlier this week, I completely coincidentally was messaging my cousin about getting her kid an American Girl doll because they usually have one at Costco in the Christmas toys section.

When I got the catalogs, I remember Felicity, Kirsten, Addy, Samantha, and Molly, and then when I was bit older (but still getting the catalogs), they introduced Josefina. And then when my other cousin's kid was little and into AG dolls, I bought her gift cards, so I know they introduced two others, Kit and Julie. Plus they started doing this competition where a girl would have a doll and story made about her and they would sell it for a year. I wonder if they still do that. It's a bit strange...

Oh, and tbh, I wanted a Bitty Baby, too. Even though they're really intended for younger kids...

ETA: Oh, I never had a doll, but I did get the theatrical computer game, which was awful 😂

And ohmygosh catalogues! You reminded me of the Sear Wishbook, which always came out sometime in September or October? (can't remember). It was a HUGE catalogue, like it had at least 300-400 pages. I loved looking through all the toys. We never ordered anything from it though, but I'd imagine lots of people did.

But then....they started getting smaller and one year the Wishbooks were no more. Sears isn't a thing anymore either. I kinda miss the Wishbook. :/

I remember getting the big Sears Wishbook too! I have a very small family, and I remember pretending I had a huge family and I was in charge of picking out gifts for everyone (clothes and toys), as well as any new things I thought our "house" needed (air hockey tables, couches, princess beds, etc). It was...slightly materialistic :joy:

Did you get the Toys'R'Us Wishbook too?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Just one?

Yes. I'll accept it if it's like a pair, like eyes or arms.

Why would you want to detach your eyes

So I can bleach them more easily.

I said eyes

Yes.

Then why did you say "so I can bleach them more easily"

Cuz it's a joke. Like when you see something gross and you want to cleanse your eyes.

Anyways.... here's a random image of Cleo that will bless our eyes. <3
    RY2fQo4.jpg

You have such a good camera

Of course. Cuz it's a Sony. 🤩 And they are very good at making cameras.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    @DeKay did you get the Yuzu drink yet?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited September 2020

I remember getting the big Sears Wishbook too! I have a very small family, and I remember pretending I had a huge family and I was in charge of picking out gifts for everyone (clothes and toys), as well as any new things I thought our "house" needed (air hockey tables, couches, princess beds, etc). It was...slightly materialistic :joy:

Did you get the Toys'R'Us Wishbook too?

I didn't know Toys'R'Us had a catalogue like that. Then again, there wasn't one close to me. I've been to one before, but I don't remember much of it.

I've heard Toys'R'Us is closed in the US now. I think the Canadian ones are still open?

One department store I miss is Zellers. For some reason, Zellers sticks out really clearly in my mind. Like, I can imagine the one closest to me still open even though it's been shut down for ages.
    Post edited by Lyoufln on
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I just woke up from an hour nap! Bad part of it is - I'm supposed to be going to bed 4-5 hrs from now!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    @DeKay did you get the Yuzu drink yet?

Nope, I'll get it today. Um, about 5 hours from now.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited September 2020
    RIP RBG
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    RIP RBG

So sad :cry:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    So the people at Paintstorm Studio gave me a free copy of a new program they're working on. 😲

It has oil painting and watercolor (the watercolor one doesn't work too well with my tablet for some reason). And the best thing I can paint on here is a smiley face cuz I don't know how to use the brushes. :D

MS7Az4J.jpg?1

Here's the watercolor one. LOL. Don't laugh. Okay, you can laugh. XD

MSQh5HU.jpg?1
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Mmm, mandu.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    Today's Q Q is:
    What was the first CD you bought?

Bowling For Soup's A Hangover You Don't Deserve. Man, I remember being so obsessed with this band. XD They're still pretty fun tho.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Bowling For Soup's A Hangover You Don't Deserve. Man, I remember being so obsessed with this band. XD They're still pretty fun tho.

This feels like a question you asked before. I know what my first cd was, but not the first one I bought.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    60 pages left to go!

Please no more political stuff (against the rules) or mods WILL shut us down. We are so close! I'm not saying anything else about him, his hair, or anything.

@Cavapoo_King - Blah blah blah

If they shut us down we can just start a new thread!

@DeKay can you throw her in the bottomless pit please she took my "blah blah blah"
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
    Today's Q Q is:

uuuuhhhhhh I don't remember :sweat_smile:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

I have never bought a CD
    Yuzu drink!! It's much better than the pie. 🤩
    ezc3EL1.jpg?1
    FwDXXd5.gif
    ezc3EL1.jpg?1

It's darker than I expected. Is it like a lemonade or something thicker?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    ezc3EL1.jpg?1

Is that a slushy
    ezc3EL1.jpg?1

It's like orange juice but fizzy. I think it's like carbonated water and there's the yuzu syrup at the bottom.
    ezc3EL1.jpg?1

Is that a slushy

No. See above.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    ezc3EL1.jpg?1

It's like orange juice but fizzy. I think it's like carbonated water and there's the yuzu syrup at the bottom.

Ah. I thought it sort of looks like an Italian soda or something.

I would kill for an Italian soda right now.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top