Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help PLZ i dont find the Problem

hello all

since 2 weeks now i try to find out what the problem is with my new created world.. but i honestly cant find it.

i know my english isnt great so i try to explain what the problem is.

when i export my world, install it and wanna play it all works fine... ********* when i select my sim...and wanna choose where they should live the map wont show me any houses or empty lots even so there are enouch of both..so the money isnt the problem. i can still move my sims into a house with clicking on the house directly..(not the symbol)..if its layert in green then i know i can move in there... so yes..its playable..but this somehow sucks cause like this i dont realy see empty lots and so.

i hope this was understandable... ah by the way when i wanna place a family while im in edit town..the same happens. i can place them but i have no house symbol or so.

i show u some pics so u maybe understand what i mean,

this is how it should normaly look like:

Funzt_zps7ed8931d.jpg

this is how it looks in my world:

Funztnicht_zps4624cdb7.jpg

And here u can see that there ARE empty lots and empty houses:

Beweis_zps494fb112.jpg

PLZ has someone any idea what could be wrong?

by the way..i tested it in a different world i created myself a while ago and there all is fine and working.
My Origin: EngelSim
Twitter:https://twitter.com/EngelSim

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2013
    It is nothing you did - I have been seeing this happen even a few times in the EA worlds since at least Twuinbrooks but it has gotten noticeably worse since Uni came out. The only solution I know of is it will come and go - but you can get around it by bringing up the cheat code and type - freerealestate.

That will make all the houses appear and you can move your sims into any of them for free - It is a cheat, but the only way it seems to let you see all the houses. Eventually it will stop doing that. because it does not happen all the time - EA has not been able to duplicate it to find the cause in all this time apparently to fix as many have complained. But rest assured - it is nothing you did at all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• EngelSim83EngelSim83 Posts: 69 Member
    edited July 2013
    oohh thank u very much.

i was sooo worried cause i couldnt find where the problem was.

hmmm well .. i guess if i find some ppl that wanna playtest this world with me together to find routing problems and so on, i should make sure they also know this cheat then.

sooo seriously THANK U VERY MUCH.

and if someone here wanna playtest...just post here...u will need all add ons..no SPs. (inclusive IP) (no store, no CC)

Greetings.
    edited July 2013
    I don't see a link otherwise I probably would have checked it out as I love islands a lot - providing there is no CC. because I test worlds I won't test one with CC in it as it gets in my system and is a pain to remove it all without messing with having to reinstall my stuff. I own the whole store - and it takes me a couple days to reinstall my store content alone. but if you post a link I will check it out.

I don't do any of the private email kind of things - so if that is the way you plan on testing - then I will bypass. Just so you know - I don't care much for secretive kind of things - it's too much like testing for EA and it gets on my nerves. I'm pretty much an open book and not the secretive kind. hehehe

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited July 2013
    ahh sy sy. i wasnt thinking about anything in secret ;)

i just didnt post a link yet cause i wanted to try out one last solution. (deeinstalling sims and caw complete..new installing all and then exporting the world again to see if that changes anything) but well..same old same old..so even that didnt realy help..i saw the lots 1 time first starting the world..minimized the game to start the upload..opend the game again and the lots were invisible again lol. soo anyways all that wanna try it out need the freerealestate cheat i guess.

ah and nope i havent used any CC and also no Store content.

here is the download link for the test version:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?bwq82ogke8br7yp

i hope u and a few more ppl could help me find all problems so i can fix them..or atleast try to fix it ;)

enjoy and have a great day/ night.

by the way: i cant read private messages..so plz post here or on my profile when u find some problems.
    edited July 2013
    Okay - I have the download and will first check it for CC - just in case. If I see any I will let you know before I install it. I always post on your world thread any of my findings - so no worries there.

Okay off to test the world for CC -

Just letting you know it tested clean - no CC.

It will probably be after supper before I get to actually test it, but it is installed and ready to go.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited July 2013
    Hi - I'm back - first of all let me tell you I really like this world - the shading is lovely everywhere - I love the hints of green that softly fade onto the beach sand. You have a real good overall look on every island - Oh and the problem you had seeing the lots - did not do that on me. So like I said, it tends to come and go. Even though I did settle my sim into her houseboat on the main island at Port #10 Waffel Shores, I did purposely move in a family of 3 sims into one of your houses on the Teddybear tummy island and first it didn't show the price, so I clicked it over to edit town for a minute and clicked on the lot to make sure it had two bedrooms, and then when I went back to the move in screen, it showed the price. I did later on go to add another sim to the bunny rabbit island and this time it did the same as it did to you. So it is come and go as I have been seeing off and on in a variety of worlds.

Another things simmers can do is go into edit town and just move sims in they want to play with, as it shows fine in edit town, then click return to game and then pick those sims they just added to play the game with. Either way will work and there is really nothing you can do to keep it from happening. Out of 5 worlds I tried this past week yours and one other did that - the other three didn't. The funny part of the one that did that is a world I have been playing for well over 2 years - that I was just reinstalling. So don't worry about it.

The whimsical design of each island is adorable, as well as you following suit with the roads on each island being named for the shape. Very cute.

Lots of gorgeous views - I don't care which island you are on. The lots all sit nicely in place and matches the surrounding land nice and smoothly - with no problems and no lot or road tears so far. The landscaping and placement of every community lot is just perfect.

I was thoroughly happy with every island you built.

The game is obviously happy with everything also as my sim had not even finished talking with the Uni Mascot that showed up at her boat and the game was already busily moving sims in to both the houses as well as a couple speed boats were cruising all over the place. That was quite impressive as most worlds seem to move at a much slower pace at adding sims - but no problems here.

I think I checked all your community lots, but either I missed it or something, I could not find the Hall of Antiquity. I found the other supernatural lots, just could not find that one. That is where Sims go to get the Alchemy skill, so it is sort of needed. I did wonder if it might have been on one of the foggy islands - so I figured I'd mention it.

By the way I did have a bit of a problem trying to place a car on the driveway of my sims lot - but I was able to click the lot and pick her a new vehicle that the game placed in her inventory. She had no problem parking the car herself there, just I had a problem. But it ended up working out alright anyway.

I also thought I was seeing hesitations in your roads on the big island but I am almost positive it was the car I had gotten her. As I finally sold that back as it was pokey anyway - one of the Prius C car - and got her the sleek looking motor cycle and that just flew around all over the island with no hesitations at all. So if sims see hesitations they might just need to change their vehicles as it might be the car.

I still have not checked the clubs yet or to see if your school might be a problem - as I had problem with that school in IP as well as the version that looks similar to that in AP - but I will need to change my test sims to a family with kids and to have one of the parents in athletics. In IP that school does not allow the sports team to win games and they keep getting fired - the school makes the kids show they are skipping school if they go on field trips when they haven't skipped. It seems just to be those two school and gym that do that. When I added separate school and stadium to IP I had no further issue. So I need to test that in your world as perhaps it was just EA worlds it does that with, as the same kind of school in Apploosa Plains does the same thing. The social worker came and took my sim kids in Appaloosa Plains for failing school from skipping is how I even realized there was a problem. So when I saw the same kind of school in IP I watched it, and sure enough it did the same thing. So that will need to be tested yet - and of course all the waterways and dive spots yet.

But so far it is all very lovely and playing nicely.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited July 2013
    EngelSim83, Reggie posted about your world in our WE thread. she recommended it and said it is CC free so here I am. :D I would love to test your world. have tested worlds before. :D I am looking forward to checking out your world. Love you are using all the eps. I have them all plus all sps except for the Katy Pary one. just to let you know. I understand you are not using the sps though. Going to download now and will try to start when I get back from the library where I volunteer on Friday and Saturday mornings. By the way your English is great. :thumbup:
    edited July 2013
    Hope you enjoy it Rukaya - it is a fun world to play in and looks adorable. I have been enjoying playing in here and are not having any problems at all.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited July 2013
    Thank u all for ur lovley comments. Well i can only use my phone for inet atm so its pretty hard to be up to date with ur answers, but ill try my best. About the supertnatural spot to get ur alchemy skill- im not sure, but i might have actualy forgot
    edited July 2013
    Sy dobble post. My phone got stuck in my last text. So, i might have forgoten to place that SN lot. Will check that again. Thx for mentioning it. Great day or night to u all. I m realy thankfull to alj tipps and help i can get.
    edited July 2013
    Played today. Just 2 things There was a street lamp in the middle of the sidewalk on Kraken Island by the pool club. By dive spot 01 there is an abandon speed boat. don't know if you meant it to be there. Everything is playing smoothly, I was playing my sims in their houseboat that I docked at the tip of the ice cream cone island. Then decided to test with a family with children so moved in a family with 2 children into the 2 bedroom cottage. Had no problems with their going to school. Probably should try a family on one of the other islands and see what happens with kids there. but so far I haven't had any problems. Lovely landscaping. Oh my sims enjoyed dive spot 01. the beginners dive spot. Nice treasure chest. also saw a merman. :D
    edited July 2013
    Didn't get a chance to test in there today, but plan to do some more testing tomorrow - but it looks like it is going as good for Rukaya as it is me.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited July 2013
    I decided to place a family with kids on the Teddy bear island and have them living in the Fassad house. Very nice house. [bear tummy 02]. However I didn't see a smoke alarm in kitchen so added one.I wanted to see how school went with kids living on other islands. Used the prescott family. the daughter just graduated at the city hall, but the son is a teen. No problems with him going to school. Went on field trip with no problems. the only strange thing is even tho he has a "A" grade and does his homework every day it shows his homework as foul. Right after he does it all is well it is just later that it does this. this is an EA thing I think. do you happen to know Reggie? the dad is an athlete so he is a rookie at the stadium. They have played one game which they lost. Will know more re: the stadium after a few more games. Was a little startled to see the description for the apartment on Car Island all in German. :?: So far all is well, but the wife has the annoying habit of putting the books and recipes she has in her inventory in the bookcases. Everytime I want her to read something I have to search all the bookcases. :? I think this is another EA thing as have had other sims do this in other worlds. Your world is playing well for me. :D
    edited July 2013
    The native language of the creator is German I believe Rikaya so her game is going to be German - should be fine as it is the same buildings we have - don't matter what they call it. You can change it to English in edit town in your own game - I do that with all the European worlds I have played only because I like to play brain numb and not think about it. hehehe

Anyway I am guessing that - as I don't believe she has said. Shouldn't matter once you get used to it.

Yes I do know about that and why I said the school/gym needed testing because that is the exact problem with the same building in IP and the one like them that comes in AP. Your kids are actually getting charged with skipping school everytime they go on a field trip or afterschool activities - plus in IP the school would not even allow the kids to go to award ceremonies or graduations or the prom in that school and exactly why I removed it in IP as I had a feeling it is the school that is messed up just like the AP version of that combo school. The dad will never win a game in that gym either and after a few more lost games if like IP will get fired which stinks if that is their lifetime want. Also the kid gets charged with either 3-4 of those fake skip school things be cause of going on field trips or after school activites the social worker will come and get him and take him away. I had to remove that school in AP, and the one in IP and use a separate school and stadium as after awahile of it performing badly the game starts freezing and carrying on like when the dad gets fired it makes a big freeze or when the social worker is enacted - the AI is obviously coinfused and why it starts freezing like that. But now you know a taste of what is to come and it verifies the school combos are majorly messed up.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited July 2013
    Thanks for the info Reggie. I didn't check to see if the teen got charged with skipping school as had to get back to rl. I know she is German, I was just surprised to see that one build with the description in German. :D I have never changed languages before. Never had to so wasn't aware that it could be done.

Do you think it is safe to save the prescott family to my library? would like to as their skills are up a bit.
    edited July 2013
    Yes you can save your family Rukaya. The world is fine - it is an EA glitch - not the worlds.

Well I didn't mean actually change the name - what I do is go in edit town, click on the lot and the circle with what looks like not paper - click that and you can give the lot a name and description in what ever language you want. I generally change them to English but I have to type it of course.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited July 2013
    EngelSim83, other than that issue with the school and gym which is not your fault - but an EA problem with that school - and the missing Hall of Antiquity - I am having no problems at all in your world. My Sims has been in the world 10 sims weeks - all your houses are filled - I did not add anything but this sim and the one Sims family of 3 I added. The rest the game filled up and everything is running smooth. Sims generate their own boats and go everywhere. I see them swimming, boating, diving, and all about the different islands. They do tend to stany on the island their houses are on most of the time - but kids from other houses do go to school in a boat no less - all on their own, and I see sims going to work at the different RH's. I will probably continue another day in her as I do want to see what happens if I add a few houses and a few more of my own sims to make the lkoad of sims a bit heavier as the game mainly added YA or elder sims - single sims households so the number of sims are sparse. I believe I only saw 3 sims kids going to the school as no one is having kids or getting married I guess. They have instead all gotten pets. The clubs do get a few sims - but most sims seem more interested in using their boats and jetskis. The festival lot gets a fair number of sims though.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• waverley77waverley77 Posts: 88 Member
    edited July 2013
    Your world looks really good! :D Wish I could make one that good :(
    edited July 2013
    Thanks you 2, i search for those things u mentioned. But i dont have the boat at dive spot 1, so maybe thats not from my world? Also found a land treasure chest in the secend dive spot. Gotta change that. Will also check again fos languageß. Think g chane the school and gym then to seperate ones. Few puestions, shnuld i buikd more apartments? Should i include a rebell hangout and a bowling arcade? I still couldnt find an island, äould u? They are set to mermaid secret, scuba surprise, plumbob island and lokal secred, maybe i have to change that? Sy i cant read my text while typing, hope u still can read it. Few more days till new modem arrives and my pc inet is back. Greetings
    edited July 2013
    waverley77 wrote:
    Your world looks really good! :D Wish I could make one that good :(
    thank u. To be honest its alot of trying again and again and redoing all over, and im still not very good with painting the land and making it even more smoth but lil by lil it gets better. Feel free to test my world out ;-) but plz remember its not final jet ^^

Edit: i moved all pics and so on into my world topic so feel free to post there:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/672270.page#11160334
  • emmbiisemmbiis Posts: 7 New Member
    How did the whole story end? Was that petition taken into account by someone?
  • emmbiisemmbiis Posts: 7 New Member
    How did the whole story end? Was that petition taken into account by someone? And what happened to the user scores. I actually do not believe that anybody considered this petition to be a serious document. What do you think about it? I am from New York, https://worldcams.tv/united-states/new-york/times-square have a peek here. I think there is some official portal for Twin Galaxies, possibly they posted some info there.