Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it still unsafe to update your game if you have CC?

Are there ANY talks of updates to fix the game by EA? I love CC and am not ashamed to say that I use it! I love mod created doors and windows because of the variety. I want to update my game, but so many people have horror stories and I know a lot of my beautiful builds will be wrecked. I have been playing in offline mode, but some of my downloads won't load without the update. WHY is this game appearing to get worse instead of better? WHY have the developers just seem to be throwing anything at us and walking away? Oh EA, why hast thou forsaken us?!

Comments

• haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    I've not updated yet either because I use CC windows/doors and because I don't want some of the bugs the new patch introduces (with chess and freelancing). But a batch fix for CC is in the works. Maybe it'll be ready this week/soon. I hope I can wait it out until the next patch, though,, because I want actual bugs fixed before I update.
  • KatzcKatzc Posts: 506 Member
    @haneul -Same here! I hope the batch fix will fix the doors and windows also. This is frustrating!
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Sadly I don't see it getting fixed by EA anytime soon. It's most likely up to the CC creators to fix any CC windows and doors that broke with the patch.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2020
    EA clearly states that they are not responsible for any cc issues because they do not make it or test it. it's totally optional and up to the players to manage. If they had to manage cc to they would never get time to actually work on the game.

I however, am also waiting for the update.
    It will not wreck the game exactly. The only thing it does is make the cut outs invisible but the light will still shine through and sims can walk through it.
    Also they have a work around where you take an EA window of similar size, shrink it and place it on top of CC window and it will look like it's open atleast. A temporary solution until s4s comes up with the batch fix.
    My play style requires a lot if screen shots and I have so many shots I want to capture I'm not ready to sacrifice my beautiful windows yet that make up 90% of my builds. So I'm trying to hold on but if it takes too long I might break down and use the work around.
    I really really want to update and get the new pack. Plus stuff I can't download in the gallery because it was made with the new update.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Considering they also broke some of their own windows and doors, you'd think theyd patch it, but I'm not holding my breath
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
    @Babykittyjade -I know how you feel! I have downloaded some beautiful items, but I can't play it because the game needs to be updated. I used to rush to play this game. Lately not so much!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Katzc wrote: »
    @Babykittyjade -I know how you feel! I have downloaded some beautiful items, but I can't play it because the game needs to be updated. I used to rush to play this game. Lately not so much!

One thing I've been doing to keep busy is renovating every single world. I'm giving each one of them a different theme and neighbors according to the neighborhood.
    And trying to balance out community lots vs houses.
    I always wanted to do it but never took the time so
    that's definitely been keeping me busy for days 🤭
    And when I get bored of that I start cc shopping lol 😅😅
    so hopefully by the time I'm done the window fix will be out.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I did but I started a new save until the windows/doors get fixed. I don't use CAS CC so no worries. I still have my build CC in my game but not using any cc windows or doors. My MODS have been updated. The Sims studio is working on a batch fix for windows/doors.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2020
    If you’re talking strictly about CC, it’s only the odd piece that gets broken by an update. I have CC content from 4-6 years ago that works just fine, including clothes, skins, carpets, paint, curtains, etc.

Even if you have a broken piece of CC it typically doesn’t have disastrous results.

It’s far more common for script mods to break with patches than CC. Stuff like MCCC, More Columns, UI Extensions, etc. And if one of these is out of date you can experience extreme weirdness and crashing.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    @So_Money is correct on this.
    It's generally the script mods that tend to break more than anything but those are just generally the main scripted mods that everyone uses besides the one that "SHALL NOT BE NAMED!" (I feel like Gandolf typing that).
    I've had some mods that still work that are scripted but they do not interfere with other things besides CAS mods that I or other creators make.

Honestly if your feeling insecure about whether or not to update then maybe waiting would be a good call.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

Thank you guys for your input! It is INDEED appreciated!