Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Challenges, growfruit etc - Need more in game challenges

troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
Since I acquired TS4 Christmas 2018, it was well after challenges like growfruit, kindness/positivity, etc.

I wish they weren't limited by time as I enjoy collecting in the game. I wish they would do more unique in game challenges like that. Spark'd is interesting, but folks are spamming the gallery with unrelated builds & sims. So, an in game challenge is more my speed. Hopefully, the Sims team can come up with some future challenges and new NPCs.

I'm just plumb excited I finally figured out how to get the flower bunny and egg hunt going. I want more of that in the game.

BTW I'm retired so I read this forum and play the game at odd hours 🤗
wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱

Comments

• Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I wish they'd bring the challenges back. I had lots of fun with the plant sim, easter bunny, and the skull collecting etc :blush:

I know there were people who didn't like it so I guess they stopped doing them. I'd love for them to make a return, new ones as well as maybe have the older ones do a come back here and there for newer TS4 simmers like yourself who missed out at the time.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I do like that they added the Egg Hunt as a holiday tradition in Seasons. I'm thinking once I start playing a family again (currently have a Sim in University) that I should add an Easter type holiday with the egg hunt, grand meal and attend religious ceremonies since that was part of my family growing up. And other of the challenge rewards are available -- you can get sugar skulls by making an offering at a grave, the seeds for the Plantsim challenge sometimes show up in the rare seed packets (and the stump is in regular Buy mode), and I think you can buy Growfruit at the ranger station if you have Outdoor Retreat. I wouldn't mind having more challenges either; I enjoyed most of them especially the ones that give a tangible reward like the bunny.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    @stilljustme2 how to you schedule attend religious ceremonies? I haven't seen that in game.

I have done the sugar skull offering in a variety of saves but I never see the person roaming in the neighborhood. 😞
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    @stilljustme2 how to you schedule attend religious ceremonies? I haven't seen that in game.

I have done the sugar skull offering in a variety of saves but I never see the person roaming in the neighborhood. 😞

It's a tradition you can choose when creating a holiday.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    It's actually Attend Holiday Ceremonies -- I had Religious on the brain for some reason. Maybe because it's Sunday here. :/ It's a holiday tradition you can select.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    KerittaKeritta Posts: 26 Member
    The challenges actually never really worked for me. During the easter challenge it kept on telling me I have to be online to be able to complete it and it never connected to the internet while I played it. But when I went into the gallery I didn't have a problem connecting with Wifi.. But the holiday additions with Seasons are actually working for me and I love that you can create your own traditions for each holiday but I wish there was a bit more options.
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    You could create your own challenges useing the calendar in Seasons.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Yesterday is the first time I actually found the Sugarskull sim and got one! I'll post pic when I get on a PC.
    wrenstales wrote: »
    You could create your own challenges useing the calendar in Seasons.

@wrenstales
    But, it won't create a brand new collection. I like collecting stuff in the game too.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    delete
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The "collection challenges" were pushed as very intrusive in every save, at least from what I remember. With seasons they gave a way via a tradition on the calendar to get many of those collections for those who want. More collection events just equal more bloatware which I view as worthless junk. While you may miss it, they stopped due to enough people disliked them.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you about Challenges. I don't think they should be wasting resources on them.
    More resources should be spent on improving the depth of the game and making the game more replayable. For example, improving the traits, updating the emotion system, and making the sims more unique.
    In my opinion, challenges are just a temporary distraction, they don't hold your attention for very long.
    I also don't like Ea/ Maxis trying to make the Sims into an RPG. If I want to collect things and complete quests, I'll play Skyrim.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Same OP. I was just thinking about Jasmine a couple of days ago and wishing we'd get another challenge. I really enjoyed them.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm... the challenges were not my thing. For me it felt more distracting than rewarding. I have planned stuff that I wanted to do in my save right now.

That said, I usually just never looked at the challenge UI and refrained from going online for the duration. It was certainly possible to do so.

Hmm... I do like collecting things, currently I have a sim collecting feathers in Brindleton Bay with her cat. I just did not like having to do that right now rather when I had worked out a story and a save for it.

Ha ha, now I am most likely certain to miss any event. I play with mods and CC so I am rarely online :smile:
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Hmm... the challenges were not my thing. For me it felt more distracting than rewarding. I have planned stuff that I wanted to do in my save right now.

Same here. I got most of the skulls from the debug catalogue during the sugar skull challenge. It was repetitive and interfering with my gameplay. :neutral:
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I also really liked the challenges and miss them. They added a nice short-term focus for the game. And its not like you had to participate if you weren't interested. Wish they would bring challenges back.
  • Options
    Wyx2830Wyx2830 Posts: 129 Member
    edited October 2020
    @JackOnYourBack the positivity challenge not finished yet!and the others Challenge
    those challenge needs to period and repeating like automatic in a year it's very wisely and feasible!But it shouldn't be
    a limited time Activity!【anytime i want finish any activity,it can be rewind by ourself】
    Post edited by Wyx2830 on
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I despised the challenges. I found them extremely annoying. Even having to disable them was irritating and the fact that the items still remain in BB mode.