Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Sims location would you live in?

There's two parts to this question:

1. What Sims location (from any sims game) is most similar to where you actually live?
2. What Sims location would you want to live in?

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I live in a suburban area so I'd have to say Willow Creek, Sunset Valley, or Pleasantview.

I'd really love to live in a coastal town like Brindleton Bay.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    1) Glimmerbrook (without the magic part, sadly, lol)

2) Widespot (TS2 custom hood)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    1. Windenburg
    I live in a pretty big and dreary town in Britain. It's nowhere near as rural as Windenburg but the grey weather and brick houses make it the closest match to where I'm from. It's not a place I live by choice 🤷‍♀️

2. Roaring Heights (Sims 3)
    I love cities and all things summer, my dream place to live would be Sydney so a vibrant summery city would be the dream for me.
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Well Brindleton Bay was literally modeled after the area I live in, so yeah that one :D
    If I could pick a place it would be Bridgeport from TS3, I love the busy city environment.
  • Options
    nahnahtodeinahnahtodei Posts: 58 Member
    I suppose San Myshuno is closest to where I live since it's the only real city. My city is not quite as modern though. :p

And I definitely love Oasis Springs, living in the desert would be a cool experience! Not sure about how long I would want to live there, though.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    My answer to both is Sulani. I don't live on an island, but I do live in a beach town in Florida, which is closer than any of the other worlds.

And Sulani is my fave place. If I'm not mistaken, it was modelled after Hawaii, and I'd love to live there (although I'm fine with Florida)
  • Options
    NatureWitch5692NatureWitch5692 Posts: 25 Member
    Magnolia Promenade is probably closest to where I live.
    And I would love to live in Brindleton Bay <3
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

1. San Myshuno
    2. Lucky Palms (TS3), it's just my favourite. Palm trees, little house boats by the lake, the desert to explore - and a wishing well! What's not to love about it!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    edited September 2020
    1. A mix of Willow Creek and Windenburg (without the sea) I live in a small market town in the UK
    2. Its got to be Brindleton Bay (with swimmable water hehe)
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Appaloosa Plains is close enough to where I live.
    I wouldn't mind living in a place like Brindleton Bay.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited September 2020
    1. What Sims location (from any sims game) is most similar to where you actually live?
    I've lived in Newcrest (rural nowhere, nothing to do) and Oasis Springs, but currently live closer to Del Sol Valley. Not in Del Sol Valley, but just off the map. In real life, this is where I want to be.

2. What Sims location would you want to live in?
    See, in real life I have to factor in amount of sunshine for mood, weather for driving, political/social stuff, blah blah blah. As for Sims, most of that stuff doesn't matter and it takes the same amount of time to travel anywhere, so I guess I can choose solely based on which lot I want to live on. I'm also giving myself money cheats...

Hm. My first thought was one of the giant mansions on the hill in Del Sol Valley. Then I remembered the bathrooms are weird. Now I'm remembering my money cheat, so it doesn't matter. Yeah, okay. I'm sticking with Chateau Peak in the Pinnacles in Del Sol Valley. I'm removing the Celebrity Home trait so I don't feel like a poser and redecorating the heck out of it.

Oh wait, I've done that. Yeah, I'm replacing it with this:

00.jpg

Edit: formatting
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I don't have Get to Work, but the place I work in real life is called the Promenade so I imagine magnolia promenade would be close, Northern Virginia area.

I mean who wouldn't want to live in Sulani?? But also I love the autumn vibes of Brindleton
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2020
    My answer to both is Granite Falls, as long as it can be residential instead of a vacation spot and have a little Willow Creek mixed in.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Evergreen Harbor is the most like where I live now and Granite Falls. Where I used to live, Sulani looked the most like it since it was at the beach. Isla Paradiso from the Sims 3 would be my dream location. I have always been a beach girl, so nothing like having the sand between my toes and the waves crashing into me and the ocean sounds to bring me total bliss.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    I guess San Myshuno. I live in a part of Chicago that's mostly apartments, but not high-rises. Mostly two-flats and brownstones. Definitely not the suburban sort of landscape of most of the Sims neighborhoods.

If I had my druthers? Sulani.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    There isn’t any world which is like where I live as I’m in a small village in the uk. However I would say evergreen harbour in its industrial state is very similar to my nearest city especially the dockyard area.

I would love to live in granite falls. It’s so secluded.
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited September 2020
    1) Del Sol would be the best resemblance since it is technically based on LA but I live more on “the pinnacles” part.

2) Under the Sea of Sulani. Because I like animals & fish more then people haha
    Post edited by Justin on
  • Options
    randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    1. Sulani is most like where I live because its based on Polynesia and Hawai'i, which is redundant because, Hawai'i is a part of Polynesia. I Live on Hawai'i Island, also known as "The Big Island."
    2. Sulani is most like where I want to live. 14 years ago, I sold everything that didn't fit in two suitcases and a carry on, so that I could move here. Everyone I knew in Minnesota told me I was making a huge mistake, especially since I had never even been here! The only mistake was not doing it sooner. They all can shovel snow and scrape frost and ice from their car windshields, while I go swimming at Punalu'u Black Sand Beach!
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Pinnacles Del Sol Valley but I want to live in Sulani 😍😍😍😍😍
  • Options
    StuStuieStuStuie Posts: 455 Member
    I always seem to pick Willow Creek or Newcrest but my favourite is Sulani but I have NEVER ever lived there - WHY? Because I am crazy Haha
  • Options
    StuStuieStuStuie Posts: 455 Member
    Pinnacles Del Sol Valley but I want to live in Sulani 😍😍😍😍😍

I am currently in Del Sol Valley for the first time, its fun!
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited September 2020
    I guess Evergreen Harbour would be close to describe the industrial but green areas by the sea where I live.

I like all the worlds, but Brindleton Bay, for the wide walking areas and closeness to the sea is the most beautiful. If I could renovate Bedlington Boathouse I'd love that quiet lonely lot..
    as long as I could have a place elsewhere as well, an apartment in San Myshuno art district, the penthouse there perhaps, although it is a romantic bohemic art restaurant in my save; or one of the old houses in Windenburg center, for when I want to socialize and look at people and objects.

This is a very nice thread to read, such interesting posts.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    1) None of the worlds I've owned really fit where I'm originally from, but Granite Falls (Sims 4) probably comes the closest. In terms of where I live right now, maybe Riverview (Sims 3) fits best.

2) Honestly, Granite Falls is where I would like to live. So, yeah... I'm homesick. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2020
    I can't think of any world that resembles where I live and I'm thankful for it. England is rather dull looking architecturally.

I was going to pick Sulani but I don't like the heat so I will just pick Willow Creek instead.
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    1. San Myshuno
    2. I like both Brindleton Bay and Sulani.