Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 100 baby challenge questions. Can I do this?

Hi all, I have been doing the 100 baby challenge, (I have been linking episodes in the share your latest upload) I won’t paste here, so I don’t spam you all unless you want to see. Ask and I will link in the comments. And I have some questions, the rules don’t really say I can’t or can do certain things so I don’t know if I am cheating or not. And I don’t want to cheat. So questions.

1. Do you move out, grown up adult babies to households in the neighborhood, or do you just move them to NPC? I have been moving them out to houses but this takes some money with them. The latest I actually moved him in with his father as they had a house. I am guessing this is okay as long as money is not giving to mom?

2. The rules are not very clear, as I am close to the end of the first Mom (She will come an elder in a couple of days) Can I keep the adult children in the house and get them full time jobs or are they only allowed to keep their teenage jobs and make money at home? Or is that considered cheating?
The rules only state if I move them out they can't come back. Or they can have jobs as teenagers. It says nothing about them making money as adults.

Explanation: Her last child (Currently a toddler, while mum becomes an elder in 2 or 3 days) was a daughter so I have to wait for her to become a young adult before she officially becomes the next matriarch for the challenge. So I figure I would get all the older children that are still in the house before her full time jobs to make money. But is that allowed? Or do I need to kick them out, even though I have space in the house?

Thanks
Phoenix

Comments

• Cary1213Cary1213 Posts: 91 Member
    1. Yes I move them out and to make it a challenge I try to move them out with money. You can use Free real estate on if you want to move them to a house if they don't have enough money.But that's if you like making up rules that suit your gameplay.
    2. And you use the youngest daughter in the house. And again you can make up rules that suit your gameplay like having kids make money after they are adults.
    3.i don't know the rule by heart I just do the basics like age toddlers after all levels are 3 and age kids and teen after they have an A in school. And then I just make up extra rules I want for them to age up.
    So I think it's up to you how you want to play the game.

I hope you're not confused as to what I'm saying.
    SvgJRlK.png
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited September 2020
    1. Do you move out, grown up adult babies to households in the neighborhood, or do you just move them to NPC? I have been moving them out to houses but this takes some money with them. The latest I actually moved him in with his father as they had a house. I am guessing this is okay as long as money is not giving to mom?

It's up to you. I moved mine out to houses in the neighbourhoods but it may be better to delete them in manage worlds. As they age and start dying the mum and siblings and neices/nephews will be in a constant state of mourning. Removing baby dads helps with this too haha.

2. The rules are not very clear, as I am close to the end of the first Mom (She will come an elder in a couple of days) Can I keep the adult children in the house and get them full time jobs or are they only allowed to keep their teenage jobs and make money at home? Or is that considered cheating?
    Yes, you can keep adult children in the house but if you do move them out to make space for a new baby you cannot move them back in. So keep them as long as you want but once they leave they are gone. Make sure that you have at least one teen/adult whenever mum is not pregnant, because if she dies (fire/mood/weather/any reason) and no one is teen or older you will get game over and lose everything since kids and under can't live on their own. I did leave all the older kids in the home while the youngest was aging up when my first matriarch died. They went to work and raised the younger one. Even when she is a YA and can get pregnant, she can't have 7 kids in one pregnancy so feel free to start by only moving out 1-3 at a time until they are gone. (I did move all out at once and ended up with 7 tots at once soon after haha but it's not necessary)
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
  • ShadowPhoenix21ShadowPhoenix21 Posts: 141 Member
    @Cary1213
    Thank you. I have never heard about free real estate before, I am guessing it is a mod. I will look into it.
    Awesome! I was only going to have them make money until the youngest daughter becomes a young adult. I plan on moving her into a bigger house so I needed funds.

lol, no not confused.
    @SimsAlexandria
    1. I have just found this out. The first 3 died while I was recording last night. It just feel weird to delete them but I will see how long I last until The continuous dying annoys me. Like the first ever one I felt sad for but yeah there will be a lot of them.

2. Thanks for the keeping an adult/teenager tip. I never considered that as she was always pregnant but that is a good point. Haha yes they do build up quickly!

Thank you
  • Cary1213Cary1213 Posts: 91 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Cary1213
    Thank you. I have never heard about free real estate before, I am guessing it is a mod. I will look into it.
    Awesome! I was only going to have them make money until the youngest daughter becomes a young adult. I plan on moving her into a bigger house so I needed funds.

lol, no not confused.

I don't use mods or cc in my game free real estate on is a cheat you can use from the command console.

Open the command console in-game by pressing Ctrl+Shift+C.
    Type testingcheats on and press enter.
    Type freerealestate on and press enter.
    now you should be able to move them anywhere

With the children dying i turn off aging for the house they live in. Cause it was annoying getting the mood-let of them dying all the time. I don't turn it off for the whole world though cause i still want other sim to age even the baby daddies.

SvgJRlK.png
    @Cary1213 Ah awesome! That is amazing advice. As long as it is not considered cheating I will do that.
    Also love the idea turning off aging on certain households. The mourning mood let will get annoying after a while I am sure.