Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

i cant even

i love many youtubers but i cant even watch star wars let plays i become sick to my stomach cant wait till the next pack i hope it is good

Comments

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    That's how I feel about family lets plays.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yeah me too but it's over now. The pack has been released, a huge amount of people didn't like it so RIP Star Wars, to be forever forgotten. Farewell.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited September 2020
    i love many youtubers but i cant even watch star wars let plays i become sick to my stomach cant wait till the next pack i hope it is good

Most of the reviews shredded the pack (rightfully so). It’s okay for people to like & play it. It’s also okay not to like it. No need for us to make a new topic about it. It’s done & over with. We will see what the next pack will bring. But it’s time for us to move on from that horrible pack :)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Sooo... don't watch them? :D
    #Team Occult
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

The Star War Let's Plays don't make me sick to my stomach. They make me sleepy, the gameplay from this pack is so boring. 😴

Which is the most disappointing thing about it. It's a game pack with no new gameplay. It's saddening because I thought the missions would be more exciting and varied, but they're not. 😔

• RBLamberthRBLamberth Posts: 12 New Member
    The only reason i bought the pack was that i could get it in a bundle with Eco lifestyle and nifty knitting. I thought the worlds look beautiful but i think there's something wrong with MY pack. After repairing the game 6 times i still can't fulfill my mission for the resistance :/
    (I don't have cc in my game)
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I know how you feel OP. I don't watch Let's Plays that involve family play or the 100 baby "challenge" because they're both so mindless to me. Different strokes and all that.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    For me, Let’s Plays in general have gotten pretty stale, they’re all so copy-catty lately. I can see how it can get annoying when most Simtubers are scrambling to make a “better same” video than the last one and it’s a pack you’re not interested in.

I still do love some of the totally outrageous or unique concepts like Gray Still Plays or Juno Birch. Also anyone who can wield that TOOL mod has my attention lately.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited September 2020
    For me, Let’s Plays in general have gotten pretty stale, they’re all so copy-catty lately. I can see how it can get annoying when most Simtubers are scrambling to make a “better same” video than the last one and it’s a pack you’re not interested in.

I agree with this part. I've never been interested in Let's Play's to be honest. Watching someone else play seems boring rather than just playing on my own. I watch reviews sometimes from a few simmers if I'm deciding what packs to buy and I do like Carl's review videos but yeah actually let's play series type things just bore me. Not to the point where I get physically ill from them though. But I imagine if I kept watching them while hating them I would get a headache... I'm prone to those and it doesn't take much haha

Post edited by SimAlexandria on
    I'm an occult player and still think this pack sucks so it's not about realism vs. fantasy gameplay. It's the pack that's terrible :lol:
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Do you need some Alka-Seltzer?

Watching ANY let's plays sends me to sleep. Very useful for insomnia.
    No matter what people say here the pack was terribly received and probably didn't do well. Maybe they'll 🐸🐸🐸🐸 up again with the next pack who knows.
    But at the end of the day this was a failure, so if you don't like it, know that a huge amount of people didn't like it as well :lol: You're not alone.
  • LeCastelLeCastel Posts: 21 Member
    I don't watch any Youtubers, but I do understand you. I truly hope there are still some good expansions and gamepacks in the pipeline. Although I do think they are all heavily overpriced, the majority has given me a lot of fun... Star War just doesn't do it for me. It adds absolutely nothing to the franchise. Such a shame the wait for new content is a lot longer now because of this pack.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    CelSims wrote: »
    That's how I feel about family lets plays.

Same. I get so bored seeing so many people playing the 100 baby challenge.

Even worse, speedbuilds. So many of the YouTubers I usually watch have just been posting "I tried building a house in The Sims for the 76th day in a row!". It's so boring, do something interesting PLEASE. Even if I had zero interest in the pack I'd rather they played a pack I didn't like than just the same mediocre build challenges every single day for months on end. I barely even watch YouTube any more as they're all so boring and don't even play the game anymore or try to come up with interesting content.

I'd have to disagree with the post as if anything I wish more people were doing lets plays with the Star Wars pack. I've barely seen anything of it as nobody I follow has bothered to play it. The only person I've seen doing a lets play is James, nobody else I follow has even touched it other than to complain for five minutes and move on without even playing it or giving it a chance.

• SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Tbf, the 100 baby challenge is not typical family lets play. It's a challenge.
    Dakota88 wrote: »

@Dakota88 Also what does family let's play have to do with this thread. Still wondering why @CelSims brought it up.
    edited September 2020

@Dakota88 Also what does family let's play have to do with this thread. Still wondering why @CelSims brought it up.

Because they're hating on family players and thought this was the appropriate place and time to do just that.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited September 2020

If someone creates an entire -and I agree with ‘click bait’ discussion- just to say: ‘I can’t watch Star Wars let’s plays, they make me wanna 🤢!’ while there are plenty of other threads dedicated to the same complaint topic (which they could have just followed instead) then you’re naturally inviting others to have said discussion about it.

You want a ‘discussion’? Let’s have a ‘discussion’.

Folks should feel free to compare the Star Wars let’s play with other let’s plays, including, but not limited to, family let’s plays.
    Folks should feel free to express their opinion same way as OP does. Otherwise it’s just another ‘I agree’ thread.

The title is called: I can’t even...
    Well. I can’t even watch let’s plays. I’d rather spend that time playing the game myself.

Funny enough I was fooled by the click bait and so here I am. 🤷🏻‍♂️

If someone creates an entire -and I agree with ‘click bait’ discussion- just to say: ‘I can’t watch Star Wars let’s plays, they make me wanna 🤢!’ while there are plenty of other threads dedicated to the same complaint topic (which they could have just followed instead) then you’re naturally inviting others to have said discussion about it.

Folks should feel free to compare the Star Wars let’s play with other let’s plays, including, but not limited to, family let’s plays.
    Folks should feel free to express their opinion same way as OP does. Otherwise it’s just another ‘I agree’ thread.

Well. I can’t even watch let’s plays. I’d rather spend that time playing the game myself.

I get the feeling the first person tried to pull of a good old occult vs. family gameplay, assuming that all occult players like the Star Wars pack (which couldn't be further from the truth) while implying that the person is only hating on the pack just because they are a family player.
    That's what it sounds like to me.
    edited September 2020

I get the feeling the first person tried to pull of a good old occult vs. family gameplay, assuming that all occult players like the Star Wars pack (which couldn't be further from the truth) while implying that the person is only hating on the pack just because they are a family player.

Right, that's also what I think. And it's such a foolish thing to always think that family and occult players are against each other. Because lots of occult players ARE in fact family players and love to spice up everyday simlife with occult gameplay. They were vastly disappointed that children and toddlers aren't affected by the occult life stages at all (except for some cas animation). And that they can't have hybrid occults through genetics like in TS3.

Earlier game iterations gave every kind of playstyle lots to do. It was a sandbox game, so everyone could use the stuff that was released in their own way, no matter if you preferred to play occults, family, single sims, build, just do CAS or all of them. The different kinds of playstyles turning against each other started with TS4 missing so many beloved sandbox features (of the life simulation aspect itself) that were in previous iterations and trying to cater to a new generation of "casual" players, as if younger people would prefer to play single sims that party together and go on adventures. First of all, it's not true that all younger people like to play that way (I am sure also younger people would enjoy to play TS previous iterations more than TS4 because of all the details, if they had updated graphics).

And second: The people making the decisions for this game completely cannot see that TS is not and never has been, nor will it ever be a "casual game". It takes time to develop your story. It's not done in 20 minutes of playing after work like in mobile games. So there are lots and lots of people who HEAVILY play that game (real gamers), who buy new computers just to play the game, etc. (also this shouldn't be a requirement, but the game should also not be made to run on every possible carrot and potato and end up with such a limited game engine like we have today with TS4).
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Can we stop making click bait titles in this forum? The worst are the ones that end in I-.

Say the whole sentence, or just stop talking. It's the worst, most cringe teenspeak going on right now.

Yes, the Star Wars pack is 🌺🌺🌺🌺. But don't click bait people into reading your opinion. It's annoying and rage inducing. Plus there's a whole thread about it already. Let's move on, don't buy the pack, and let the SW people enjoy what they have. Can we just agree to do that?

I totally agree with that. Am I sick of seeing all of the SW threads? Absolutely! I mean the entire first page of thread topics are about SW. This pack is not for me, I've said my "why I don't like it" in the complaining thread and in the Did you buy it thread. I avoid the SW threads because it just doesn't interest me, I'm not going to be swayed into suddenly liking it by reading what others are doing with it, because again ..... IT DOES NOT INTEREST ME .... and that's fine .... we each like different things. I don't begrudge them, if they like the pack and are enjoying it and finding that it was worth the money they spent, then that's good for them.

Had I known your thread was another SW topic thread, I would have avoided it too.

I get the feeling people just seriously enjoy stirring up drama. If something is a sore subject with people, let it heal and stop poking it and making it worse.

And the thing of it is, in almost every single thread now, regardless of the topic, negativity about the SW pack is brought up into that thread at some point, and then we're back to the whole us/them debate.

There is absolutely NOTHING you can do about the SW pack. It's over, it's been released. People complaining and fighting with others regarding it, is not going to magically make EA pull the pack from being sold. Get Over It! Stop watching YT videos that are about SW if all it's doing is making you "ill"! Maybe the next pack will be something you will like.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

There are many ways to read into something though. Nobody was assuming anything, other than sharing the same feeling OP has, except with another kind of let’s play that they don’t like. That happens to be family let’s plays.

At this point we should know that many occult players and Star Wars fans have a passionate dislike for the pack. And that’s understandable. It has nothing to do with being a realism player or not. It think we’ve all learned that in the past month.

Sure, this pack is different and apparently it makes some people physically sick. Perhaps those folks should get their digestive system checked if that’s all it takes. It could be tummy bug.
    Yeah, why would you even watch lets play if they make you sick? ^^