Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Time For A Star Trek(ish) Pack?

Star Wars notwithstanding, I think it's time for a real space pack. Something loosely based on Star Trek, but not Star Trek, a Sims version of Star Trek. And not a ship. My idea is to have a space world set in a space station. Think Deep Space 9. Using DS9 as an example, a ring consisting of three levels around a main hub that is the three story "park" where everyone can go to relax and view the stars. The ringed levels could be divided into a residential ring, a commercial ring and a control/engine ring. Around the outside of the rings are the "lots". Varying sizes of open rooms much like how apartments work with the outside walls being fixed but interior walls are editable. Elevator turbo lifts get your sim from level to level and each level would be a separate "neighborhood". Your sim could take a shuttle into space for adventures similar to the rocket and Batuu quests.

There could be jobs as part of the stations crew: captain, medical personnel, security, etc. all of which we already have but tweaked for a space station. And jobs in retail, dining and other odd jobs around the station. The station townies would live on the station but, as in other worlds, we never know or see where. With the Star Wars costumes, we can populate the station with many different alien types.

These are a few of my ideas. What are your ideas?

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited September 2020
    I personally would not be interested in this, just like I wasn't interested in Strangerville or Star Wars. It would be another pack I would have to pass on.
    Post edited by Chicklet453681 on
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Maybe just an space exploration pack with no branding would be awesome, but it would leave a sour taste in people's mouths since it would be the Sims team's second try in a scifi pack and if they can't get it right the first time then maybe they should move away from the concept and do other things now.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yeah...no. They flubbed the Star Wars theme big-time, and I don't think they'll do any better with Star Trek. If they had actually put in/been allowed to put in the time to make the theme really great (customizable starships that you could live on, more alien genetics options, an alien world you could actually live on, etc.), I don't think people would have been as upset after the pack came out...but they didn't. They don't get a second shot this iteration...especially not with another beloved sci-fi franchise (I predict that Trekies will be even harder on a flubbed Trek pack than I am on TS3's orc-oars werewolves...).
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Lol no
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    If they ever learn to make a complete pack, livable lots, playable ships & Occults can use their powers, then yes.
    I would love a big Extension Pack loosely based on the full Star Trek, Enterprise, Discovery, Original, Next Generation, Deep Space 9 & Voyager.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Maybe would’ve been cool if they’t totally sink the Star Wars pack. Unfortunately, I think the ship has sailed on space themes for awhile. Hopefully in TS5 they’ll implement something like you’re suggesting and really blow it out of the water!
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    JGYSRXf.gif?width=419&name=JGYSRXf.gif
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited September 2020
    As Sci-Fi storylines are not my thing at all (to play. I don't mind reading/watching Sci-Fi), without the branding, I'd barely be interested, even if DS9 was my favorite of the Trek series.

I wouldn't mind a pack expanding on Sixam, but the "No DLC for DLC" crowd means that's never going to happen, or going to be decried as a useless money grab if it does. (Don't kid yourselves, if it's not an actual bug, they're not going to go back and add stuff to packs for free.)
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    I'm totally down for this...after we get better family play, more traits, personality, more romance, teen stuff, snow world, carnivals, better babies etc lol.
  • LeCastelLeCastel Posts: 21 Member
    I wouldn't like to see this. We have aliens and a Star Wars pack. They both have something in common: they are lackluster. I get that Disney probably had a lot of restrictions when it came down to the players freedom with what they could do with their property (hence why I just don't see how this was a good fit for a game that's all about freedom and creating crazy stories), but still neither have been executed very well. That's not to say I don't like the world of Journey to Batuu, that's the one plus I will give it.. I just don't need to see more isolated worlds that barely - if at all - connect to the rest.

IF they are still gonna do something space related they should just rework the existing aliens and expand upon them.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I wouldn't trust The Sims 4 to look after my pet snail, never mind do Star Trek properly. Don't get me wrong I love the Star Warts pack for all of the dystopian elements it brought to build and buy, and the CC but the gameplay itself. No, no, no! No Jedi? No Sith? No force? Oh and no toilets, no Kylo and Ray woohoo? No Ewok costumes for kids.... The equivalent would be the Captain without the Captains Log (they'd miss that toilet humour) Command Chair or Enterprise. Vulcans without the Vulcan neck pinch, or mind melding. Don't get me started on Romulans, Cardasians or Klingon....no tribbles in the mfps hamster cage? No, thanks. Let me dream of a time when it can be done justice (Totally with you though I'd love a simulation style Trek game :) Just not done by the Sims 4) I'd say hopefully in Sims 5, but I hold out no hope for that, I expect that to be even more watered down.
  • amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 52 Member
    Not in TS4, no thanks. Any kind of space expansion in TS4 is gonna be like...oh! You went in the rocket ship rabbit hole, and now you approach another rabbit hole! This one is for, uhh...the moon! Do you...walk on the moon or...go back...into your space ship thing??? And then the one actual visitable lot is a bar.
  • KorglyKorgly Posts: 187 Member
    If they include time travel and being able to make my imortal elder sim a young adult again I'd be for it.. but, I think I'd much rather have Twighlight Zone theme then Star trek to spark the imagination with twisted sci fi
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    This space pack would give us more uses for the Star Wars clothes and Build/Buy objects. Like automatic, sliding doors. The holodeck could use stuff from Get Famous for when our sims want to experience another time or place. There could be a menu choice when you click on the holodeck floor and you pick from a few themes and the room appears (like the festival parks in S3). The Hibernate Sleeping Pod from Get Famous would finally be needed. The talking toilet would fit in.

The world would be space so the world team could provide views from different windows of far away planets or ships passing or a worm hole.

The crew could have shuttle missions similar to the rocket ship and ships from Batuu.

There's more potential here to create our own stories than with the Star Wars pack.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    Star Trek pack? Nope-I'll pass.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?