Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Data Spike

I need a data Spike! Is there a way I can buy one or make one or do I just have to continue on looking for one or them in those trunks your sim opens with that pad thing?

Comments

• TashiTashi Posts: 46 Member
    In Black Spire buy them from the Antiquities dude...25 credit a piece.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    As @Tashi said. That is where I get mine ;)

tKnT1Qf.png
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Tashi wrote: »
    In Black Spire buy them from the Antiquities dude...25 credit a piece.

I needed this information 10 hours ago... lost the one I had for a mission cause I did a mistake, didn’t know how to get a new one cause the one I had I got from a “secret contact” to the resistance.

I exited without saving.. 😭
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    I also have that mission where you have to get it from a secret contact but i did not find the contact from Cantina, where its suppose to be. That mission cant be finished with buying dataspike from a shop. So, i guess you need to find the right contact and spend time on the Cantina. Its a bit time consuming. Or does anyone have any idea on this.
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    For me, the contact entered the cantina right after my sim did, she didn’t even have time to order a drink 😅
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    You can also get them from the piles of scrap metal you find in the neighbourhood.
  • Pcjunky13Pcjunky13 Posts: 407 Member
    I have one in my inventory but I still need to complete getting one from a Scoundrel contact but before my game crashed and didn't save one showed up very fast, the second time around it;s taking a very long time for one to show up.
  • corky7cacorky7ca Posts: 46 Member
    I bought a dataspike and had a mission to pick up a package in the first order area, but when I travel there, my spikes disappear!
  • VinleaVinlea Posts: 1 New Member
    @Tashi where is that guy at ?? I can’t find him anywhere in black spire
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Vinlea wrote: »
    @Tashi where is that guy at ?? I can’t find him anywhere in black spire

It's this rabbit hole in the area of the Millennium Falcon and the cantina.
    That overhead walkway connects to the cantina.
    09_08_20_12_23_48_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My mission says to get one from my contact in the cantina. I’ve been here all day and chatted with every single Scoundrel in the cantina (including the robot DJ), but never saw an option to get a dataspike.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Perhaps you should visit another district and then come back. Give your contact another opportunity to spawn.
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    My mission says to get one from my contact in the cantina. I’ve been here all day and chatted with every single Scoundrel in the cantina (including the robot DJ), but never saw an option to get a dataspike.

@Rouensims In the Cantina you need to click on Hondo Honaka you'll get the option to Purchase Scoundrel Gear you'll be able to buy dataspike
    chips46 wrote: »
    Rouensims wrote: »

@Rouensims In the Cantina you need to click on Hondo Honaka you'll get the option to Purchase Scoundrel Gear you'll be able to buy dataspike

Thank you! My game must have been glitching, because I didn’t get that option when I clicked on him. I’ll try again. :)

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Your contact will be labeled as such, on mouseover. They may take a while to spawn.
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    You have to be at least a level 1 scoundrel before you can buy dataspikes from Hondo. Hondo is not your contact, so buying a dataspike from him probably won't help anyway.
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Your contact will be labeled as such, on mouseover. They may take a while to spawn.

That’s very helpful! Thank you!