Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery is always so slow it's painful!

Does anyone else have this? It's every time I use the gallery. Searching for lots just takes forever - if I actually want to change the search filters there's just really no point. It used to work really well, but I think it's since it joined pc and console that it's incredibly slow all the time.
I know I dont have the quickest internet ever, but it runs everything else speedily enough.

It just makes me really reluctant to use the gallery because it takes so long. It's frustrating!

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Yeah it's been really bad for me for a while. It's slow and also most of the time the pictures don't load. I will just get a box with a red x in it.
  • QueenEcheveriaQueenEcheveria Posts: 61 Member
    edited September 2020
    Same here now I can't even get onto it at all now. keeps telling me it's offline despite the fact origin is working fine. I've even tried repairing the game to see if I can fix it. It's really annoying as I like using the gallery to download lots to use in my saves
    pouladb96c2.png
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    @QueenEcheveria I think you may have turned online features off. With the game loaded go to options and under the other tab check the box at the top that enables online features.

It does lag through the game. I usually browse the gallery on the web and not through the game. I have online features turned off in the game (it causes my game to lag) but I can still access my stuff I saved.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yes it is horrible. I have been thinking about building again because I can’t take it anymore.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    edited September 2020
    What are your computer specs?

If you don't know your specs, post your DxDiag via Pastebin and send the link.
    https://pastebin.com

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028644/windows-open-and-run-dxdiagexe

What is your internet speed? As the Gallery is also online, internet can also be a factor.
    https://www.speedtest.net
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yeah it’s super slow to scroll for me. Like, I’ll scroll down a couple pages just fine and then the whole thing grinds to a halt for five seconds while it loads. Never used to happen.

Also, changing filters is the worst. It takes so long to reload that sometimes I think my game has frozen.

I have gigabit internet, so it’s not that.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    It's been pretty smooth for me, I have really good internet though, so could just be that.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• badxwolfxrisingbadxwolfxrising Posts: 69 Member
    Same here now I can't even get onto it at all now. keeps telling me it's offline despite the fact origin is working fine. I've even tried repairing the game to see if I can fix it. It's really annoying as I like using the gallery to download lots to use in my saves

Dude, I thought it was just me but i'm having the exact same propblem right now. the Gallery works only intermittently, sometimes it will connect but most of the time i'm getting that same error message even though I know for sure i have the online features enabled.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    When it's working it's not slower than it usually is, but the last week my game has been having repeated troubles connecting to it, both from the start screen and in game. I often have to try to connect multiple times. It works fine on the website view though.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs