Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romance help

Can anybody tell me why my sims always refuse each other for erm... woohoo? They're married and have a good relationship and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. My sim wants to have more kids for her lifetime wish and I can't get them to get busy with each other. :D

Thank you so much for any replies.

Comments

• BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Sharonia ... The only thing I can think of is paying attention to their moods and needs.
    If Sims are hungry, or whatnot, they will sometimes not want woo-hoo.

You can also look at the status of their current desire of the other Sim.
    It's in the dropdown under where they are interacting in the top left corner.

It will change per encounter and can include all kinds of things like bored, okay, amusing, alluring and irresistible.
    As your Sims interact, they will also have different options appear under Romance.

As things get hotter, options will appear like make out, embrace, whisper in ear as well as others.
    There are also Lifetime Rewards and Traits that can assist, like Seductive, Irresistible, Great Kisser, Eye Candy and so on.

Once your Sims find each other irresistible, they will want to woo-hoo.
    Also make sure they have the privacy required should that be an issue.

Oh ... And make sure they don't need to apologize for something they have already done.
    You can check under Friendly options and see if Apologize is an option.

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    In case this helps at all, sometimes the "other" way into woohoo without the chatting up through irresistible just works out better. The way that one goes is cuddle on a bed, move onto kiss, then make out (all uninterrupted), and by then hopefully woohoo and try for baby show up with fewer chances of refusals.

And yet sometimes, even when the moods are right, the individual sims' short-term needs are met, there are no privacy issues, and the attraction is clearly there, some couples need a bit of extra assistance before they get the idea. Cinnamon (Uni) can be a great help, as can romantic drinks (LN). There may not always be a trained mixologist around, but a prescription for cinnamon can be filled at any grocery store if your sims can tolerate medium-quality herbs (get some sweet grass as well, in case herb quality nausea sets in). Or better yet, grow some higher quality ones in a garden or greenhouse, it will give your sims something to do while they're not woohooing. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Thank you so much for both answers. Hopefully I can get them busy making babies now.

I think I just got to used to it being easy like in TS4. I've forgotten how to play the better games. :D
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    I apologize for Rupert and his somewhat antiquated ideas about the human body...

3NDeypF.png
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,424 Member
    ~looking around; making sure my wife doesn't see this~ "Of course, it could be your female sim's time of the month. ~ducks back under rock~ Oh...wait Sims don't have that problem.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • OliviaAROliviaAR Posts: 31 Member
    I had that same issue with a random couple I made for the game. I even went so low as to using cheats to max their moods, but nah... They still wouldn't do the thing. But then when I left them alone and focus on my main household,. A few seasons later I went into and saw the wife carrying a toddler. (in game seasons)
    I was like "Ah...they just didn't want me being a peeping tom. I see..."
    50367188388_aeb7c99673_m.jpg
    Sometimes All You Need Is A Warm Hug From Your Bestfriend
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The cuddling on the bed first method worked perfectly. My sims are now expecting child number two. Thank you so much for all the help.
    Just don't get the NRAAS mod that can't be named here and set it on "Autonomous". You might end up with twenty five kids.

To my sims "Fer gaw sakes...STAAAAHHHP!!!!"
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Sounds to me like someone's sims need more toys to play with at home. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    :mrgreen: We can't talk about those toys here... We're not on either of those alliterated forums. :D:mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    @Nikkei_Simmer - That's not what I meant, and you know it! :angry:
    (mostly not...)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!