Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Outdoor retreat, an upgrade

So it’s been a while since I played Outdoor Retreat, and back when it was released in 2015, it was kind of a nothing pack. But now with all the added packs, this could make Granite Falls a great place to go on holiday, considering it’s the only place Sims actually can holiday.

My question is, can Sims swim in the bodies of water that are around Granite Falls? Did that neighborhood get the update?
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Actually it is not the only place for a holiday. With jungle adventure your sims can also go to selvadorada and rent a room there. Going into the jungle is optional, your sims can enjoy the rest of the world while they relax. The third option is batuu with the new pack but that is not a 'regular' vacation world like the other two.

Unfortunately the water in other worlds were not updated, so no swimming in the lake at granite falls :disappointed: . What you can do is change the lots. You could add a pool, maybe even make it look more like a natural pool with the water colours that come with get together or jungle adventure.

Another thing you can do to make it more interesting is replacing a rental lot with a community lot. I added a bar and a spa and it really helps to give my sims something to do.
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    I don’t have Jungle Adventure or Journey to Batoo so that’s why I didn’t think of those. I can’t relate to the gameplay of either styles. I wish you could turn a Sulani lot into a holiday rental. Seems so natural.

Ugh, that’s really frustrating that you can’t lake swim, but great suggestion, thank you
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    These are the OLD Worlds that NEED to Upgrade:
    Sixam
    San Mychino City
    Del Sol Valley
    Granite Falls
    Forgotten Hollow
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Actually it is not the only place for a holiday. With jungle adventure your sims can also go to selvadorada and rent a room there. Going into the jungle is optional, your sims can enjoy the rest of the world while they relax. The third option is batuu with the new pack but that is not a 'regular' vacation world like the other two.

Follow up question, can you build a vacation place that sims of all families can visit in Jungle Adventure? Or is it just a rabbit hole type of experience?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    That’s what was disappointing with outdoor. You couldn’t swim in any of the beautiful water they have . Hopefully they update it soon. That’s an activity that people do when they go camping for the summer
    edited September 2020
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Follow up question, can you build a vacation place that sims of all families can visit in Jungle Adventure? Or is it just a rabbit hole type of experience?

It works just like outdoor retreat. You have rental lots where your sims live, eat, sleep, take a bath... There are also community lots: a park, a bar and a museum. All of these lots can be edited and you can even change their lot type if you wish. For rental lots it is easier to edit them before your sims go on holiday. Otherwise you need a cheat.
    When your sims are out in the jungle, they can sleep and pee in bushes and bring along food and a bottle to freshen up hygiene, these can be bought from a sale table near the bar. Or you can bring along the camping equipment from outdoor retreat. ;)

The only rabbit hole element that comes to mind are text messages you get when your sims open a gate. You can choose and get an extra item or buff depending on your answer. But you will follow your sim through the gate after the text message.

Edit : this only goes for selvadorada. On batuu you enter a rabbit hole to fill your needs.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Sixam
    San Mychino City
    Del Sol Valley
    Granite Falls
    Forgotten Hollow

I would love an update for the existing worlds. Especially swimmable oceans in windenburg and brindleton Bay. And a few lots to actually live on sixam.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    would be cool to swim in the lakes. but so far that hasnt been updated. i havent played outdoor retreat in awhile. maybe i should send my sims there sometime.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Outdoor Retreat is a pretty nice pack. I'd recommend playing the outdoor retreat aspiration while you're there, it gives a focus to being there and something to do while you're there! :)
  • 112061112061 Posts: 273 Member
    i believe i was able to swim somewhere by where you go to school, where you fish...
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Sixam
    San Mychino City
    Del Sol Valley
    Granite Falls
    Forgotten Hollow

Does the alien planet even have water?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I don’t have Jungle Adventure or Journey to Batoo so that’s why I didn’t think of those. I can’t relate to the gameplay of either styles. I wish you could turn a Sulani lot into a holiday rental. Seems so natural.

Ugh, that’s really frustrating that you can’t lake swim, but great suggestion, thank you

You can if you're not aversed to using mods. I use a mod that makes Sualani a.destination world. If I ever want to live in that world I take the mod out.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member

I don't see why you can't. Was it with Eco or just an update that they made roommates better. Not sure what you can do, but you might be able to use that update to make it seem like a motel and put it on a lot.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited September 2020
    112061 wrote: »
    i believe i was able to swim somewhere by where you go to school, where you fish...

Yes, the only pack that got a ‘swimmable’ update so far is DU. Both Universities have a little river lake beach nearby where your sim can sunbath and swim.
    It is indeed a shame that Outdoor Retreat or JA do not have these options. Swimming in the jungle with the alligators would be delightful. I always wanted Jungle Merfolk.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Or even if you don't want to use mods, you can make a vacation home in Sulani by buying a retail store and turning it into a vacation home.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    ... or just edit a Sulani beach lot and build a little vacation home/hotel on it and leave it set as a beach. Your sims can stay there for ages for free, though you could use the money cheat to deduct simoleons if you want them to pay.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member

Yes, the only pack that got a ‘swimmable’ update so far is DU. Both Universities have a little river lake beach nearby where your sim can sunbath and swim.
    It is indeed a shame that Outdoor Retreat or JA do not have these options. Swimming in the jungle with the alligators would be delightful. I always wanted Jungle Merfolk.

I thought DU came that way (coming after Island Living) rather than being updated to have swimmable water added. I'm still grumpy that Eco Lifestyle apparently doesn't allow swimming in the quarry.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I thought DU came that way (coming after Island Living) rather than being updated to have swimmable water added. I'm still grumpy that Eco Lifestyle apparently doesn't allow swimming in the quarry.

Totally correct. DU was the first EP after island living. I was so happy about swimming in the ponds and hoped that would be the new standard. Unfortunately eco lifestyle doesn't allow swimming in open water. I hope future worlds will follow DU's example but I am not really sure if we will be that lucky.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Indeed, thanks for correcting me. The swimmable water came with DU and was not an update. 😉
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited September 2020
    I just wish they would make it so sims invited from other household would stay for the whole time your sim is there, instead of leaving for home. It would be a great way to build friendships with other sims.

I haven't tried it with a club though. Maybe that would work.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    ... or just edit a Sulani beach lot and build a little vacation home/hotel on it and leave it set as a beach. Your sims can stay there for ages for free, though you could use the money cheat to deduct simoleons if you want them to pay.

Ooh amazing idea! Thank you 💖
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    It would be awesome if sims could swim while there. I converted one of the lots there into a Christmas cabin, so my sim family goes there in the winter most of the time. However, I'd love for them to have more to do there in the summer. I wish there was more for them to do. I miss axe throwing and log rolling from earlier games. I also miss having resorts. Oh well. I still love sending my sims there for vacation.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited September 2020
    This definitely illustrates one of the major plot holes of TS4 development. Packs rarely build on previous packs, so content and worlds in earlier packs just start to feel outdated and “out of the loop.” Combined with content-light packs in general, it really starts to expose the gaps in the game...there’s not a lot of live gameplay to distract you from the gaps! 🤷🏽‍♀️
    edited September 2020
    This definitely illustrates one of the major plot holes of TS4 development. Packs rarely build on previous packs, so content and worlds in earlier packs just start to feel outdated and “out of the loop.” Combined with content-light packs in general, it really starts to expose the gaps in the game...there’s not a lot of live gameplay to distract you from the gaps! 🤷🏽‍♀️

This is very true. I do remember a survey last year in which they asked for which previous packs we would like to see an update. But this may only have been related to EPs. Still. I wonder what the results were and if we’ll see a change at all.
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    It would be awesome if sims could swim while there. I converted one of the lots there into a Christmas cabin, so my sim family goes there in the winter most of the time. However, I'd love for them to have more to do there in the summer. I wish there was more for them to do. I miss axe throwing and log rolling from earlier games. I also miss having resorts. Oh well. I still love sending my sims there for vacation.

You could build a public pool disguised as a lake on one of the lots.