Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MCCC - Too many NPCs are married!? Help!

RummourRummour Posts: 28 Member
Hey guys, I need a bit of help. Not sure if I should post this in the bug forum, cause technically it's not a bug, it's just that I am not sure what settings to use. So hopefully I posted in the right spot.

So I use MC Command Center to control story progression and such in my game. I love the mod and cannot really play the game without it anymore haha
But I've come across one issue which I am not sure how to solve. So one of the things that this mod allows is for NPC sims to get married, have kids, and so on. However, now every single NPC sim I meet is already married. Obviously this is a problem if you make a sim and want them to meet their future partner, as opposed as to just making their spouse in the game. I tried tweaking the settings in MCCC but somehow I am not seeing much difference. Still 95% of NPCs I meet are married and I am getting tired of having to edit their relationships and then delete their spouses and kids, just so that my sim could establish a relationship with them. So, those of you who are experienced with MCCC, what are your settings like? How do make sure that not EVERY NPC is already married when you meet them? I'm asking because at this point I don't even want to make my own sim and add it into the world because I am worried they will already be assigned a partner by the time my active sim gets to meet them.

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I have no clue on how to prevent this issue except for fiddling with the percentage of sims getting married, but you can assign your sims flags so they don't get married or have kids via MCCC.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    If this happens in any of my games, and I use MCCC, I just delete their spouse, and shift click the Sim I wanted for mine and under marriages click clear marriages. With cheats on to do the other parts. Then that Sim is suddenly free
  • SekrilSekril Posts: 19 Member
    What percentages are you using? I've found that anything over 10-15% causes too many marriages for me (rn I have 10-15-10 for YA-A-E)! Requiring same age marriages also decreases marriage likelihood since my adults with their higher marriage chance tended to prefer marrying YAs before. I allow homeless marriage but depending on the sims living in my save spouse occupancy preference is either homes only or homeless only to block off sims I might be interested in. My marriage check is set to run once a week on Sunday so I have plenty of time to pick out sims I like, and I also bypass sim active romances enabled. My single sims who get pregnant have a 10% auto-marry chance too.

I usually get 4-8 marriages a week in a save with about 250 sims, plus 1 or 2 pregnancies between unmarried sims!
  • RummourRummour Posts: 28 Member
    Sekril wrote: »
    What percentages are you using? I've found that anything over 10-15% causes too many marriages for me (rn I have 10-15-10 for YA-A-E)! Requiring same age marriages also decreases marriage likelihood since my adults with their higher marriage chance tended to prefer marrying YAs before. I allow homeless marriage but depending on the sims living in my save spouse occupancy preference is either homes only or homeless only to block off sims I might be interested in. My marriage check is set to run once a week on Sunday so I have plenty of time to pick out sims I like, and I also bypass sim active romances enabled. My single sims who get pregnant have a 10% auto-marry chance too.

I usually get 4-8 marriages a week in a save with about 250 sims, plus 1 or 2 pregnancies between unmarried sims!

Welp, I realized that the percentages in my case were too high. They were 20 and above. lol It seems to be quite a sensitive system, so I applied your numbers and suggestions and will see how it goes. :D