Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 randomly turns off automatically before the sims 4 logo pops up

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Hi, Is there anyone has the same issue as mine? I don't think it's from mods or ccs. Because it doesn't crash at all when I open the sims 4 with clicking the sims 4 thumbnail on Origin. The issue comes when I double click the sims 4 shortcut icon on the taskbar and also it comes randomly. I prefer to double click it than clicking the sims 4 thumbnail in Origin. It comes about 2 to 3 times of 10 times double clicking. I've been experiencing this for about 2 weeks? Also I have never experienced any force quitting while playing the game. I have all packs except for Eco living, Star wars, and Knitting pack.

My computer spec is Windows 10 Pro, i7 7700 3.6 Ghz 6 cores, 16 GBs ram, and Radeon Pro 560 Graphics card. My computer type is I mac. I'm playing the sims 4 on bootcamp Windows 10. I haven't had any crashing or other issue with my current computer. It has been started recently.

I don't use any complicated mods but have quite many simple mods such as no autonomous mods, faster eat and prefer to table something like this. I don't use MCC as I don't need a story mod, or I've never used any mods change the game contents. I appreciate all helps thank you.

Comments

• Faraway_SonFaraway_Son Posts: 142 Member
    It sounds mod related. Cut and paste your mods folder onto your desktop and then run the game normally. If it's still happening open Origin, right click on Sims 4 and select 'Repair Game'. Check that all your mods are updated. Use Sims 4 Studio to integrate your mods seamlessly into the game. Whilst in Sims 4 Studio go into 'Content Management', 'Batch Fixes', 'Objects' and run the scans on all the sub-menus. Be more selective with the CAS sub-menus and only run what you think is applicable.
  • Faraway_SonFaraway_Son Posts: 142 Member
    If you don't use MC Command Centre, I would definitely advise using it.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Why not try opening Origin and updating it? It might have something to do with a security issue and they changed the link and your icon doesn't now link to it. They've done that before.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    @Faraway_Son wow!! I've never thought about the sims 4 studio. I need to update it. I've checked every mods today and they are fine. I need to have a look for for a few days. Thanks. But any reason to recommend MCCC?

@Simburian My origin and the game are all up to date. :) I checked them both today.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    MCCC catches exceptions that cause crashes and generates a report called MC Command Center Last Exception Report. You can look at this report and it tells you about the error. It's a quick and easy tool to use. Saves time! Plus MCCC does a lot of other stuff. You can pick and choose what modules you want to use. I use all of them.

All the documentation is found here...
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/

It is a lot more then a story mod. You can actually turn that part off and only use the features you want. MCCC may cut out tons of other mods that this all in one mod does.

Recently my game was crashing like yours and MCCC helped me find the problem.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    MCCC catches exceptions that cause crashes and generates a report called MC Command Center Last Exception Report. You can look at this report and it tells you about the error. It's a quick and easy tool to use. Saves time! Plus MCCC does a lot of other stuff. You can pick and choose what modules you want to use. I use all of them.

It is a lot more then a story mod. You can actually turn that part off and only use the features you want. MCCC may cut out tons of other mods that this all in one mod does.

Any chance of telling us what the problem was or was it a mod or cc fault?
    edited September 2020
    AnnLee87 wrote: »

ahh I see but I don't need it. I've seen many simmers suffer that their sims families' misbehaving from MCCC settings. I tried this before and there are tons of settings. I was O_O;;;??? with them. I'm not the type of generations play, so I don't need this. I don't want other npcs marry or have multiple romances.. etc. So I took out the romance and pregnancy files, then I cannot find any other good features without them. I clicked on the postbox, clicked on the computer, clicked on sim, but I don't see any useful features for me. So sorry to say but I'm fine without it.:)
  • ShadowPhoenix21ShadowPhoenix21 Posts: 141 Member
    edited September 2020
    Does your Sims game need an update? Mine does this when it needs an update, I click update then it vanishes. To fix this right click on origin, run as Admin, update. Then play :)
    Does your Sims game need an update? Mine does this when it needs an update, I click update then it vanishes. To fix this right click on origin, run as Admin, update. Then play :)

Thank you so much. I will try this evening :D