The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 stuck on loading screen...Xbox One

Well, I played the Sims 4 on my Xbox earlier today and it was fine. I saved and exited. I am trying to play again and it is stuck on loading. The title screen comes up fine. I press "A" on my controller to start. I choose my gamertag and the progress bar starts and then just stops and hangs. I have tried deleting the reserved space. I have done a hard restart (shutting down by button, unplugging, waiting 30 seconds and restarting). I have even deleted my saved data and let it sync with cloud save. Nothing is working.

Has anyone experienced this or is any experiencing this today?

Comments

• Rhi_TheDino04Rhi_TheDino04 Posts: 1 New Member
    Ah me as well. Mine won’t load to even half the bar:(
  • KorglyKorgly Posts: 187 Member
    in the same boat.. must be something with the cloud saves today : / game loads to 25%.. tried hard reset and reinstalled the game
    well after about 15 min of waiting my game finally loaded after many restarts.. wondering if the op is just experiencing really long loading times aswell? I added some dlc sims to my world earlier..
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My game just got stuck on the loading screen between Batuu worlds.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    I saw on EA Answer HQ that Sims 4 players were reporting this yesterday also. They said when they took their network connection offline that it loaded. Appeared to be something with Xbox Live was the consensus. I haven't tried this morning yet.
    yah It is back to working normal today and definitly was just a hiccup.. now back to just the normal bugs
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Also for anyone experiencing this in the future, I was told (Xbox One S) that cold starts of the console can cause this. I used to have to reload it twice before it would fully load in to the DLC menu. I just wait a few minutes now to start the game and it's worked so far.
  • I had a recent update installed. Then the XBox Live service went down for at least five hours. I managed to get back online, but the spinning plumbbob at the bottom of the screen is stuck. It all started after I checked in five hours ago when the Gallery was missing. Quit game, relaunch, same thing. Restart console, it signed out. Then I realized that there was a global down service. I feel like this is the worst on both companies. I can't take this anymore. This is the reason why I don't post here that often.
  • RoedubbRoedubb Posts: 1 New Member
    This has been non stop happening since Xbox live had a global loss of service. I’ve tried to restart probably 30 times, I’ve uninstalled the game and all packs and reinstall, I’ve unplugged my Xbox for and hour and tried again and it’s still not working! I’m gonna lose it.
  • GripplebipGripplebip Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Roedubb said:
    > This has been non stop happening since Xbox live had a global loss of service. I’ve tried to restart probably 30 times, I’ve uninstalled the game and all packs and reinstall, I’ve unplugged my Xbox for and hour and tried again and it’s still not working! I’m gonna lose it.

I thought it was because I just installed a new expansion pack but maybe it's a more widespread issue? On my initial loading screen it keeps going to about 1/5th of the way and then stopping. Music is still playing, green thing is still spinning, but it wont go any further. I feel really stupid but I feel like I want to cry. Sims is how I unwind at night, and I've had an awful day ( a day that started with waking up sick at 4 AM) and I just wanted to play my new pack a little bit before passing out and waking up in the morning where I have to share the TV and Xbox with my boyfriend and kids
  • AndyTRGAndyTRG Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having this problem still lately. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and nothing helped. It's been like this for days. I'm not sure what to do
  • AndyTRGAndyTRG Posts: 2 New Member
    > @AndyTRG said:
    > I'm having this problem still lately. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and nothing helped. It's been like this for days. I'm not sure what to do

A day later. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game, didn't work. Cleared Xbox cache (probably), didn't work. Deleted save data for the game, didn't work. Turned off wifi/xbox live (read somewhere that could help), and somehow that seems to be the solution. It still takes a long time to load like that, but it eventually got me to the menu for the game.
    I'm not even sure how that solution works, but it does. I hope this helps someone