March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons, Island Living, and terrible snow storms in Sulani

I'm pretty new to TS4. I have most of the "big" mods that most people have, as well as a few of the different packs, including Seasons & Island Living. TS4 comes nowhere near being as flexible as TS3 in seasonal issues. It's New Year's Eve and Sulani is BURIED under a very thick blanket of snow. I don't like that. A tropical island so....no. I don't even understand WHY it snows there. I don't know how to make it stop without going in and fiddling with the seasons tab every time I want to change worlds. (I jump around alot because each neighborhood is very poorly limited with activities and such.) I can't click on the ground to stop the snow (TS3), and it seems like any changes I make with the tab changes other neighborhoods, too. Without using the machine that changes weather AFTER having to get really high handiness (I believe), is there any way to fix it so that Sulani doesn't get snow, or cold? I don't want to have to keep going into the Seasons tab every time I change neighborhoods!

Comments

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    columbia93 wrote: »
    I'm pretty new to TS4. I have most of the "big" mods that most people have, as well as a few of the different packs, including Seasons & Island Living. TS4 comes nowhere near being as flexible as TS3 in seasonal issues. It's New Year's Eve and Sulani is BURIED under a very thick blanket of snow. I don't like that. A tropical island so....no. I don't even understand WHY it snows there. I don't know how to make it stop without going in and fiddling with the seasons tab every time I want to change worlds. (I jump around alot because each neighborhood is very poorly limited with activities and such.) I can't click on the ground to stop the snow (TS3), and it seems like any changes I make with the tab changes other neighborhoods, too. Without using the machine that changes weather AFTER having to get really high handiness (I believe), is there any way to fix it so that Sulani doesn't get snow, or cold? I don't want to have to keep going into the Seasons tab every time I change neighborhoods!

I have never ever had snow in Sulani. Didn't even think that that was possible.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    columbia93 wrote: »

I have never ever had snow in Sulani. Didn't even think that that was possible.

Me neither. Sounds mod related.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Sounds like you're having a mod issue, it can't snow in Sulani.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    Well, I've Google'd it and there are other posts out there pertaining to snow in Sulani. They're over a year old and no one had any answers so I thought to start a new discussion.

Mods related? When I use MCCC, which most people do? I have a few from LittleMsSam (pretty much Pet and School mods), Kawaii's SOL, Sacrificial's Passionate Romance and Scarlet's Homework and Walk Style mods. I can't imagine any of those affecting weather.

I don't know if it makes a difference but I installed Island Living before Seasons.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I don't use any of those but MCCC, but I've had Island Living and Seasons since the day they both came out and have never seen snow in Sulani.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2020
    I had no idea it could snow in Sulani. I’ve never seen it in my game and I use a bunch of mods.

What I would like is to make it so that it rains less. It seems like it’s always raining and storming and it gets annoying after a while in those worlds. I would like to be able to customize the weather more easily and set it once for the entire world.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sounds like a mod.

Since Sulani has come out all my sims live there, I've played over 1000 hours in Sulani, gone through many winters there, never seen so much as a snowflake

According to google it CAN snow there if a Sim has a weather machine. Do you have any sim that has one and MCCC is allowing it to be used autonomously (or maybe they do anyways? I've never used one)
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    Might be one of those bugs that don’t effect everyone. Maybe just to narrow things down remove the mods temporarily and do a play test to see if you still experience the issue?

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    I've never seen snow in Sulani either but don't use mods or cc. I quickly checked The Sims Fandom site and found this section on climate:

"If The Sims 4: Seasons is installed, Sulani will have slightly different weather compared to most worlds. Namely, all weather types are higher in temperature, with winter only going as low as cool. There is a new weather type only found in Sulani called "monsoons". Monsoons are extreme thunderstorms that are stronger than normal thunderstorms in other worlds but happen for a shorter period of time. Monsoons only occur randomly during late summer to late fall.

Snow is also not present in Sulani, but Sims can use the weather-controlling machine to temporarily make snow appear."

I don't remember ever hearing about "monsoons" occurring in Sulani, so I learned something, lol. Unfortunately, though, the snow does sound like it has to be mod related. I know MCCC is a huge mod so if that's the cause, perhaps a simple setting change will solve the issue for you. Of course, all you can do is pull them and try to track down the culprit.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I had that one time without using mod, snows were falling in Sulani and Oasis Spring but they never stick to the ground thankfully.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    The only way it can snow in Sulani without a weather machine is when it's mysterious weather. But then the snow shouldn't stick.
    But since you use MCCC, you can use the cheats module on the mailbox to change the weather. Maybe that's how you got it to snow? You can set the desired weather and the amount of time that weather lasts. I haven't tested it extensively, but I do suspect that that weather carries over to all worlds. But you can also use it to turn the weather back to sunny cool, or warm if you prefer.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    The only way I got snow in Sulani was by using the climatio custom spell. It should also be possible with the weather machine.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Must be to do with some sort of mod. I've always wanted to have snow in Sulani but it's never come
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    The Island never ever gets snow. You might have to turn off your mods.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @columbia93

I have never experienced snow in Sulani and it's one of may favorite worlds to play in. I do use loads of mods as well so I am not sure if that would be the issue unless you have very conflicting mods. If you use the MCC mod you can change the weather on any lot by placing a mailbox on the lot and clicking on that.. you could give that a try I use that method all the time because I like to play on open air lots and parks in the summer :)
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I haven't had snow in Sulani. I usually play 28 day seasons and use no mods. It does rain a lot and get cool in the winter, my Sim can get the 'chilled' moodlet. But, I've not seen snow yet.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    Again, the mods I use are the ones that the majority of people do, and it has nothing to do with weather. I never use MCCC to change the weather. I also play without mods every single time EA updates TS4 because it defaults to that. I open the game without mods and CC and play a little bit and then exit without saving, all to make sure it doesn't crash. It was still snowing. And the snow isn't a dusting, it's a full out storm.

Honestly, despite some prevailing attitudes here, I'm not making it up. I've also been playing The Sims since it came out with the first version. I understand how the games work (TS4 less than the others because I've not messed around in it like I have with TS2 & TS3), how mods work (have even written a couple for my own play in TS3), and over the decades have taken everything out and put it back in more than I can even count. With the purchase of a new PC a year ago and moving all of the Sims games to Origin, I've even gotten quite good at "fixing" updates that break my games via the registry! So I'll keep trying to find out what's going on and hope that someone comments who actually has experience with this!
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Did you check the calendar and see if it was "Mysterious weather", like MDianaSims mentioned? Because that was the first thing that popped into my head. Personally, I've never seen it, its never happened in any of my saves. And I've had sims living there since the release of IL, almost exclusively. Would be nice for Winterfest, honestly! Winter deco looks so out of place next to palm trees and sand and sims in bathing attire.

I couldn't find the issue on AHQ, could be nobody else has experienced this, or they just didn't bother to make a report on it. I did search for "snow sulani" and "snowstorm", but nothing spesific came up. Couldn't find anything in the compiled list either, when looking at IL and Seasons lists. Might be worth it to post there also?
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I wonder if it could be the fact you change weather every time you change the world. Does that mean when you move a sim into another world (the same world you are playing in) or does that mean you start a "new game"?

I would suggest you "repair" your game and see if that fixes it. I know when they release a pack or patch, it seems to mess up a lot of things when playing saved saves.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Are you sure your mods are all up to date as well? I know it seems like a foolish question, but sometimes one can be overlooked.

Also, have you recently deleted the localthumbecache file in your Sims 4 folder? While I don't see how that could cause the issue, it does need to be deleted now and then, especially if you change your mods folder because it can cause glitches here and there.

My advice would be to remove the mods folder temporarily, delete the localthumbecache file, repair the game in Origin, and then check all your mods for updates before putting them back and try the game again.

If it persists, it's possible that it's either a unique bug or some obscure conflict in your mods.
    #Team Occult
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Snow in Sulani, that's so cool. I don't use any mods, so my warm worlds never get snow.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Did you check the calendar and see if it was "Mysterious weather", like MDianaSims mentioned? Because that was the first thing that popped into my head. Personally, I've never seen it, its never happened in any of my saves. And I've had sims living there since the release of IL, almost exclusively. Would be nice for Winterfest, honestly! Winter deco looks so out of place next to palm trees and sand and sims in bathing attire.

I couldn't find the issue on AHQ, could be nobody else has experienced this, or they just didn't bother to make a report on it. I did search for "snow sulani" and "snowstorm", but nothing spesific came up. Couldn't find anything in the compiled list either, when looking at IL and Seasons lists. Might be worth it to post there also?

Does Sulani get mysterious weather? I haven't seen that either. I love that weather. Everything happens. Oh, wait... did anyone ask if you have the weather machine?
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    Climate Change is real! lol

Anyway, pics would be nice
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2020
    amp107 wrote: »
    Might be one of those bugs that don’t effect everyone. Maybe just to narrow things down remove the mods temporarily and do a play test to see if you still experience the issue?

Could be as sometimes plans in Sims 4 sometimes does not go as planned or not planned. :)
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited October 2020
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Would be nice for Winterfest, honestly! Winter deco looks so out of place next to palm trees and sand and sims in bathing attire.

Santa Claus and tinsel does look weird in the tropics at first. But you can get used to seeing Winter/holiday decorations with palm trees after a while. I live in Florida - no snow down here, but at holiday time they bling up the palm trees. Now it seems quite normal to me - people wearing shorts or bathing suits walking by lush greenery and palm trees decorated with Christmas lights, with light up elves, snowmen, etc on a green lawn. LOL

edited to respond to the right person