Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have Sims w/out CC?

ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
I was on Twitter recently—my first mistake—and I noticed a lot of people claiming that Sims 3 sims are ugly unless you have cc (and some say ugly no matter what).

While I love cc, I recently made a sim without it (aside from her freckles) and I think she's still quite pretty!

QeeX86S.jpg

ejn7ZUi.jpg

Anyway, I'm curious what pretty sims some of you have made without cc that can break the 'ugly sims' stereotype?

(BTW, it wasn't until making this sim that I realized just how awesome those World Adventures eyeliners are. I'd always avoided them, but given a less bold color and lowering the opacity allows for some really pretty makeup!)
Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    :# I just spent time posting a ton of pics and even a quick how to turn pudding into pretty video and my post was eaten :#
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Screenshot-6.jpg
    Screenshot-83.jpg
    one of the very first sims I created back in 2017 (when I first started playing the game)
    headshot_original.jpg
    Ryleigh O'Connor
    KassandraWillis.png
    Kassandra Willis
    Screenshot-85.jpg
    Carter Wilkinson
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
    :# I just spent time posting a ton of pics and even a quick how to turn pudding into pretty video and my post was eaten :#

Oh no, I hate it when that happens. I've actually started copying and pasting long posts into a Word document (or in my memos if I'm on my phone) real quick before hitting send and that's saved me a few times. I'm sure your sims look lovely though lol
    @Nikkei_Simmer Ah, your first sims look way better than my first sims did! I try not to remember what my first sims looked like lol :# and especially not my first sims house where I filled almost every room with lime green wallpaper for god knows what reason.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited December 2020
    I haven't played a vanilla sim for many years now. It's not that I haven't seen some good looking CC-free sims but it's not the style I want in my game. The lips are an odd colour and have no texture and the area around the eyes looks unfinished. Makeup can hide the deficits to a degree but since I don't play females and my males don't wear lipstick or eye shadow I couldn't hide what I don't like.
    Post edited by Mikezumi on
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited September 2020

For the longest time I played Sims without any custom content.
    Oh, you can make attractive Sims without custom content in my opinion ...

38798246852_a4612fe844_c.jpg

39161043532_326f63be24_c.jpg

35201055083_b1a5329b2d_c.jpg

35670063382_670fecdb37_c.jpg

38668895152_3f81917b0d_c.jpg

38304408954_7f134a7273_c.jpg

38619846915_88832373be_c.jpg

38522144544_df89b313aa_c.jpg

And @ARRensch ... There ain't nothing wrong with green wallpaper ...
    Especially when it matches the key lime pie ... :D

39159222632_8d91a81bac_c.jpg

38647210895_90fbce9918_c.jpg

Happy Simming!

Post edited by BlackSand on
    I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Is Kassandra wearing CC skin? The eye folds don't look EA.

I used a different eye shape than the one that I usually use. Everything is EA.
    GYZ6Ak9.png

If you say so, although my eyes tell me differently.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member

If you say so, although my eyes tell me differently.

Haha, yeah i have to agree, the last three sims are 100% wearing cc skin. The area around the eyes gives it away because it doesnt look like that in maxis skin no matter the eye shape. That is actually the telling sign i use to decide if a sim has a cc skin or not, none of them look the same way maxis skin does around sims eyes.
    Be my guest: Take a look for yourself.

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9148035
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9405326
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9407069

You can't upload them to the EA Exchange with CC. Feel free to download them and check them out.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited September 2020
    You absolutely can upload items with CC to the Exchange, honestly all I gotta do is link to The Exchange itself for proof. Though default skins are kind of the bottom tier of CC use, right next to the first Newsea hair you and I ever downloaded. (Edit: to be fair no CC is in your Sims3Packs, thank you for that, maybe double check your mods folder or other installed content?)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    edited September 2020
    Eddy was one of my earliest sims and was CC free. He looks very different these days :D

headshot_original.jpg

Edit to add: I had to hunt high and low for a more recent pic of him but finally found one! :)
    32676617947_3845d43b43_o.jpg
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I just spent 10 minutes trying to get into my old PhotoBucket account. :D ...

This is my earliest version I could find of Willow. A generic female sim I tend to make in any video game that has character creation. I always go for maroon hair, red lips, and grey eyes.
    vaUvALB.jpg
    Uploaded May 28, 2012 :open_mouth:

I much prefer using default skin & eyes but I've never had an issue with vanilla sims. There are so many talented people that can work wonders without any CC or sliders.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    edited September 2020
    If you know how to work the base game sliders, that's all you need...there's eye socket depth which can do wonders for the shape of the eye and how deep or shallow the eyes sit. If it comes in the base game, I don't consider sliders CC. The sliders that EA provides in game and the CC-sliders that CC creators have designed are two separate entities as far as I'm concerned.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited September 2020
    This is the last CC free sim I have made that I have pics of. I'm addicted to CC, but I still think he turned out very handsome. :3
    eLPFNag.jpg

I do use default eyes though, so he's 99.9% CC free, I guess :tongue:

Here he is with CC, in case you're curious.
    GDY9v4G.jpg

I just wanted to post his face again because he's a hottie. :3

People are going to be saying that about TS3 sims until Andromeda collides with the Milky Way and destroys us all. :lol: As long as we like our simmies, I can't say I caribou what Twitter has to say about most things. :tongue:
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    People are going to be saying that about TS3 sims until Andromeda collides with the Milky Way and destroys us all. :lol: As long as we like our simmies, I can't say I caribou what Twitter has to say about most things. :tongue:

Good point lol
    If you know how to work the base game sliders, that's all you need...there's eye socket depth which can do wonders for the shape of the eye and how deep or shallow the eyes sit. If it comes in the base game, I don't consider sliders CC. The sliders that EA provides in game and the CC-sliders that CC creators have designed are two separate entities as far as I'm concerned.

I think I'm inclined to believe you. I messed with this sim's eyes for a bit and got a fairly similar shape.
    0Ux5pax.jpg

(Looking at this sim, I actually wonder if I might have a default eye replacement??? But I legitimately don't remember ever downloading one. Oh well, not that it's a big difference; I think there's just an extra highlight dot. I'll call it close enough to cc free. :D )
    @ARRensch The skin around the eyes is very different to what Nikkei_Simmer posted. Yours definitely has EA skin.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer Since it's a matter of such debate I thought, as the resident CC expert, that I'd weigh in.

Those last 3 sims are definitely wearing CC skin. Not in a Buffalo Bill way...I hope. :fearful: But they are, regardless, wearing CC skin. Just compare the level of detail between yours and the sims in the thread using EA skin. You can see it especially in the shading.

Well, gang, on to the next mystery! Zoinks, Scoob! And all that.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    BlackSand wrote: »

For the longest time I played Sims without any custom content.
    Oh, you can make attractive Sims without custom content in my opinion ...

38522144544_df89b313aa_c.jpg

Oh, she's really lovely!

I've forgotten what my sims look like without CC. I much prefer it as I find EA's skin very bland, but there are some really great examples of sims in here with no CC.
    Also, I don't care either what anyone says about TS3 sims. I love mine ( and lots of other peoples ) and that is all I care about.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • OliviaAROliviaAR Posts: 31 Member
    I remember recently reading an oldish blog where someone was comparing the sims from each game. They said the sims 3 sims were ugly. I never understood how. I personally think that its all about how you make the sim, not the sims themselves. I can't post any pictures yet i think, since I am new to here, but I have made so many handsome and beautiful sims without and with cc.
    Its funny, I used to be against using cc for so many years of my life. I was a strict game content simmer only till I was wanting to make my sim look as close as possibly to me, so that's when I finally caved and tried out cc. Now, I love it just as much as I love the non-cc.
    50367188388_aeb7c99673_m.jpg
    Sometimes All You Need Is A Warm Hug From Your Bestfriend
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited September 2020
    :)

Zelor Zoltir

KAmqYUL.jpg

Post edited by Puddinroy on
    :) Smile!

edited September 2020
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Since it's a matter of such debate I thought, as the resident CC expert, that I'd weigh in.

Those last 3 sims are definitely wearing CC skin. Not in a Buffalo Bill way...I hope. :fearful: But they are, regardless, wearing CC skin. Just compare the level of detail between yours and the sims in the thread using EA skin. You can see it especially in the shading.

Well, gang, on to the next mystery! Zoinks, Scoob! And all that.

Again, I say, check the files in the exchange that I've posted up.

;)Thank you @InfraGreen for actually taking a look at the Sims3packs that I uploaded to the Exchange.
    4DE0DFE2-AA8F-40CD-AE6D-F8001AC76B0D-11260-0000099CC718B88F.jpeg
    I see I shall have to prove myself with pictures of my step by step process.
    25693197da92d28bbc70a7d46418ebc7.jpg
    Tutorial incoming. (note: I'm not really annoyed, I was meaning to do a tutorial on creating non-CC sims anyway...and figure, now's as good a time as any..." ~evil grin~
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited September 2020
    FWIW the ~common knowledge~ is that CC in packages can't travel in Sims3Packs. Doesn't mean they're not wearing a skin (I think it's kinda obvious they are) but I didn't want any accusations of sending unwanted CC with sims to be flung around without evidence.

Anyways vanilla sims can look good because a sim can live and die by its face sculpt alone. I also never really got into the custom slider lifestyle so that's easy enough to say. Took some that I made with CC originally, took out my defaults, and liked most of the results.

KijC0pJ.jpg

OyaCF1D.jpg

JwjlDhL.jpg

Unfortunately the lips do not look right on darker skintones without a skin or an overlay fix. It looks like a bad lipstick job. Unless I'm taking crazy pills? Look closely I guess. :(

fwRn9Ph.jpg

cqfHSSe.jpg

4hqItSN.jpgVCLCXaQ.jpg

EDIT: to end the skin discourse, here are @Nikkei_Simmer's three sims blasted of all CC on my end, under the cut for brevity's sake...

f1Zjmr4.jpg

9ftAvha.jpg

alsmZPG.jpg

There's a skin. I said "check your own mods folder and installed content" for a reason, not for the sake of others (because it's not in the Sims3Pack so who cares) but because everyone deserves to know what content is in their game.
    Post edited by InfraGreen on
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr