Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I hope they make more adventure packs for sims 4 and I hope they do at least one more vacation pack before sims 4 ends
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    hahaha! @Isharell I love Mr. Natural! lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    I see. I turn my back for one second and this is what happens to my poor old scoundrel buddy. Calling him names like that haha.
    I guess he asked for it!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    @GracieO312, your poster turned out amazing! Great stuff, great stuff! 👍🏼
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Unsure if this is the right place to post a review, I've missed many pages. Late on the bandwagon as I've been having a blast with Crusader Kings 3, but that suits me just fine as a mod to use normal outfits on Batuu only just came out, in time for me to test the pack.

F2sgk2yl.png
    If you don't own a droid yet, use your baby as bait to distract guards.

I'm having more fun than I expected. It's almost all text, but The Sims Medieval is my fav in the franchise, and I come straight from CK2/CK3, so I'm okay with that. A lot of people finding gameplay confusing probably didn't bother to read as there's little to no searching involved once you do read tooltips.

I still don't understand some decisions made though. I get the Galaxy's Edge propaganda angle, on site you're lost in your fantasies, in the "real sim world" you were just visiting a theme park, but I'm never gonna use it like *that* and I would have prefered a real separate world à la Oasis Landing. My sims are never going back, I'm so happy I never have to see Nancy Landgraab again.

One thing I don't like regarding "forever living on Batuu" is the lack of a proper base camp. I had to build my own, underneath the cantina. It has too many square corners but it's a work in progress, evolving as my sims obtain more things.
    E0Ers4cl.png
    My biggest issue is the lack of windows, if I have the patience I might create a fake outer layer, a dark grotto with rocks and glowing mushrooms or whatever it is you would find under Batuu.

4jpIhhql.png
    Entrance is just a hole with stairs going into the ground under an awning (upper left corner). Not the most practical of things and I reluctantly use the cheaty dwelling sometimes, especially for the whole taking-care-of-a-baby-without-a-bathtub business.

3jpcmB6l.png
    Bedroom is just a pod. That's it. I couldn't remember a single bedroom in Star Wars movies. I know there were some but set design must have been forgettable. A bed in build&buy would have been nice, EAxis.

Sorry for the lackluster screenshots, I haven't played TS4 in literal months.
    Using this pack as a standalone TS4 game, it's pretty enjoyable. But I don't actually play anymore so I might be biased.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited September 2020
    Okay, I'm going to keep calling him Baby Yoda until they reveal his name. I have not watched one trailer for season 2 of The Mandalorian because I don't want to know anything. Season 1 was great; so, check it out if you have not watched it. All I need now is a Baby Yoda costume for my toddlers--Baby Yoda ears/hat and an outfit would be nice.

Friday, October 30th is going to be an awesome day.
    Mandalorian.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • RyublueRyublue Posts: 30 Member
    > @Hearts4u said:
    > Okay, I'm going to keep calling him Baby Yoda until they reveal his name. I have not watched one trailer for season 2 of The Mandalorian because I don't want to know anything. Season 1 was great; so, check it out if you have not watched it. All I need now is a Baby Yoda costume for my toddlers--Baby Yoda ears/hat and an outfit would be nice.
    >
    > Friday, October 30th is going to be an awesome day.
    > (Image)

Oh yes, I also wish we had a toddler Baby Yoda outfit! (That and an Ewok/Wicket outfit for kids or toddlers)
    If we had that, what with the Boba Fett outfit already in the game, father and son would definitely come to Batuu.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

be2bfc0a58ddaae1e0be8bdbbb8de549a9f1c958.png

https://www.ea.com/sv-se/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/806F6F4CF8AE11EA8E48A3E514582D9C?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=SilentK008&max=50&maxis=false

@Isharell Now I finally have a nice CC-version of the Star Wars family home on the Gallery. Hope it suits you or that you can mod it into your liking :)

@GracieO312 That poster is so cool, thanks for posting it!

@comicsforlife I would love another adventure pack, and another vacation pack. We will see what happens. Zabrak-dude will probably have swindling the citizen's of Batuu and people in the park of Oasis Springs as a day-job. I have plenty of sims who have completely ordinary jobs for supporting themselves so I really enjoy having this option that is so very different from the rest.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    Unsure if this is the right place to post a review, I've missed many pages. Late on the bandwagon as I've been having a blast with Crusader Kings 3, but that suits me just fine as a mod to use normal outfits on Batuu only just came out, in time for me to test the pack.

Can you please tell where we can find this mod or who made it?
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I hope they make more adventure packs for sims 4 and I hope they do at least one more vacation pack before sims 4 ends

I hope it's something that would add hotels and bed and breakfast lots to TS4.
    I would add one to Sulani, San Myshuno, and Strangerville. I would like to have my sims vacation in those worlds.

They could also make a pack that expands on Sixam.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    be2bfc0a58ddaae1e0be8bdbbb8de549a9f1c958.png

https://www.ea.com/sv-se/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/806F6F4CF8AE11EA8E48A3E514582D9C?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=SilentK008&max=50&maxis=false

@Isharell Now I finally have a nice CC-version of the Star Wars family home on the Gallery. Hope it suits you or that you can mod it into your liking :)

@GracieO312 That poster is so cool, thanks for posting it!

@comicsforlife I would love another adventure pack, and another vacation pack. We will see what happens. Zabrak-dude will probably have swindling the citizen's of Batuu and people in the park of Oasis Springs as a day-job. I have plenty of sims who have completely ordinary jobs for supporting themselves so I really enjoy having this option that is so very different from the rest.

@SilentKitty I love the look of this, it looks Star Wars-ish and it's also so pretty! I will definitely download it this weekend.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

They could also make a pack that expands on Sixam.

Please! I really want shiny sci-fi stuff and spaceship lots. Sims have never been able to actually live in space before and I think it would be so cool. It would also make sense now that they've released JtB.

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Oooh, I so want my sims to live in space too.😍
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Me too. It would be fun having zero gravity in the game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member

is "adventure pack" the official name? Anyways I like it :)
    and I would also love more of it, especially if it was one in a fairytaleish world (and more buildable lots).
    Maybe it's because I love RPGs like TES, Fallout, Dragon Age and so on, I just like having missions/quests, my scoundrel is so darn rich in credits right now, she finished the main quests for the scoundrels and has now also joined the resistance, just because I am having so much fun with it.
    This time they did the mission-thing right imho, I enjoyed doing the SV storyline too but it's limited to one sim and has no real replay value.

I am not really much into taking vacations, I'd rather they'd all be normal, livable worlds and we could just build hotels whereever we wanted to. I only enjoy JA because of the jungle exploration, the OR world is incredibly boring though, except for collecting bugs and new herbs it has nothing special to it.
    But if we get another normal vacation world I'd like a snowy one.

But anyway, this is a SW:JTB thread so:
    I have been playing on Batuu only ever since release because I enjoy it so much, I can't even find the time to finish the new build I started using so many of the cool new BB items....serious problems right there :D
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited September 2020
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Oh, knew I forgot something, sorry bad form.
    It's by TwelfthDoctor1 and I got it here.
    It also allows occults which might be of interest to some.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Oh, knew I forgot something, sorry bad form.
    It's by TwelfthDoctor1 and I got it here.
    It also allows occults which might be of interest to some.

Thanks.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Definitely. Sign me up as well for "Sims in Space". I'd like to see multiple planet "lots" with different environments. So instead of neighborhoods, they would be similar to Batuu with one lot and a surrounding area, only they each would be a different planet to explore so would each be a separate map and location. Maybe a larger planet would have like, three lots so we could live there and "colonize". I think each planet lot should be fully buildable and habitable. But each one could have its own environmental laws, like the magic realm. And, of course, you'd need a rocket ship (or maybe some new space ship designs and making the SW ships playable for travel) or a portal to be able to go to these planet lots.

Man, that would really expand on both Get To Work and Journey to Batuu!
    #Team Occult
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Definitely. Sign me up as well for "Sims in Space". I'd like to see multiple planet "lots" with different environments. So instead of neighborhoods, they would be similar to Batuu with one lot and a surrounding area, only they each would be a different planet to explore so would each be a separate map and location. Maybe a larger planet would have like, three lots so we could live there and "colonize". I think each planet lot should be fully buildable and habitable. But each one could have its own environmental laws, like the magic realm. And, of course, you'd need a rocket ship (or maybe some new space ship designs and making the SW ships playable for travel) or a portal to be able to go to these planet lots.

With only one lot available, I foresee some fun interplanetary bar crawls. :lol:
    crocobaura wrote: »

With only one lot available, I foresee some fun interplanetary bar crawls. :lol:

Oh my god. Planetary pub crawl!! Round up the Scoundrels in a club and set their activities to pubs! :D
    #Team Occult
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    edited September 2020
    I have a question regarding the constant pop corn consumtion among my Sims. When I previously in my games gave them the pop corn maker they could never stop eating pop corn and I started worrying about their health and took it away. Do the constant eating of pop corn affect your Sims?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    I have a question regarding the constant pop corn consumtion among my Sims. When I previously in my games gave them the pop corn maker they could never stop eating pop corn and I started worrying about their health and took it away. Do the constant eating of pop corn affect your Sims?

I think they get fat. But there is hope as not all sims find it very tasty and some who would eat only popcorn start to ignore if after a while.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Ihhh!!! Oh yes please :smiley:

I would love to have a livable city under a dome. It could be outer space or under water. I might be very wrong but I just don't believe that we will have a lot in which we live in zero gravity but living in a fantastical setting with normal gravity is my little work-around. Look, you can give my imagination so so much to work with if I get a map like that to live on. Just a Forgotten Hollow-sized world but in Space. Ehm... I think I would like the entire family to live on at least one of these places. Ok if some places are "dangerous" and have fun gameplay that is not really meshing well with family life but I would like to have just one fantastical place in which I can have an entire family living. I wish so so much that there was something like the magical realm that I could have a family living in. I try to pull my families out of everyday life and into the fantastical but it can be difficult.

Ihhh!!! Oh yes please :smiley:

I would love to have a livable city under a dome. It could be outer space or under water. I might be very wrong but I just don't believe that we will have a lot in which we live in zero gravity but living in a fantastical setting with normal gravity is my little work-around. Look, you can give my imagination so so much to work with if I get a map like that to live on. Just a Forgotten Hollow-sized world but in Space. Ehm... I think I would like the entire family to live on at least one of these places. Ok if some places are "dangerous" and have fun gameplay that is not really meshing well with family life but I would like to have just one fantastical place in which I can have an entire family living. I wish so so much that there was something like the magical realm that I could have a family living in. I try to pull my families out of everyday life and into the fantastical but it can be difficult.

Oh, I feel this. More livable fantastical environments, please!

I love the idea of living under a dome on one of the worlds. If we got a space themed full EP, we could have that Forgotten Hollow sized habitable planet and also get some small ones to explore that have different collectibles, critters, and environments. Even having one where Sims have to wear oxygen masks to explore would be neat. There's so much potential variety that could be tapped into fantastical space themes. Maybe we could find a Vulcan or Borg inspired planet and get the Trekkies on board! Oh! And there could be an exploration hint to Krypton, which could lead to a Superheroes pack!!

Okay, I'm getting carried away again. Back to Batuu and your regularly scheduled DJ-R3X channel.
    #Team Occult
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Are they messing with my advanced Sims? They ask for money for information or for my Sim to by porg plushies for them?! 🐸🐸🐸🐸

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top