Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding in Selvadorado (or whatever its called) I give up!!!!!

Trying to work out how to get my sims married in the hired villa they spent their childhood holidays in but do you think I can work out how to get them married there?? Oh absolutely not!!! Tried going there and setting it up from there - no - tried going back home and searching for any selvadorado properties -er no....I am at my wits end I just want to progress my game and its driving me up the wall!!! Any help would be so gratefully appreciated - I dont use mods or CC I dont know how to use them or download them etc. Thank you!

Comments

• Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yeah, I saw youtuber Clare Siobhan take her Eco fams to Granite Falls to have a wedding there and ran into the same problem. She had to download a mod to make it residential I think. Im not real sure of the mods name but if you are able to download them just google "vacation worlds as residential" or something like that. She still had a time doing it, maybe watch her video to get some ideas? 🤷‍♀️ Fingers crossed you get it figured out. 🤞

Edit: wow, Im such a nitwit, just saw your last statement about not doing mods, so now I feel terrible. I wonder if you could use the enablefreebuilds cheat and change it to residential. But I think that still wont work as vacation destination worlds don't come up in the options for your venue. Maybe you could decorate a lot to look like the vacation house you wanted to use with some debug items around the edge to disguise the background not being Selvadorado(?).
  • foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    Yeah, I saw youtuber Clare Siobhan take her Eco fams to Granite Falls to have a wedding there and ran into the same problem. She had to download a mod to make it residential I think. Im not real sure of the mods name but if you are able to download them just google "vacation worlds as residential" or something like that. She still had a time doing it, maybe watch her video to get some ideas? 🤷‍♀️ Fingers crossed you get it figured out. 🤞

thank you so much - unfortunately I cant use mods but I will check out her video on youtube. I thought that was the point of the update a few days ago so that we could get our sims married in holiday destinations? Or did I read a completelly different patch note?
    Yeah, I saw your statement about mods as I was posting my response, lol. I did add an edit to my response about building a "mock vacation house". Other than that I cant really think of anything off hand at the moment.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    edited September 2020
    I thought you could only "elope immediately" in vacation worlds. I haven't tried it yet but I thought that's what the patch notes said.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    I believe SweetieWright_84 is correct, I don't think you can host a wedding party in the vacation worlds I believe you can only elope as the patch notes stated.
    I thought you could only "elope immediately" in vacation worlds. I haven't tried it yet but I thought that's what the patch notes said.
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    I believe SweetieWright_84 is correct, I don't think you can host a wedding party in the vacation worlds I believe you can only elope as the patch notes stated.

Thank you so much you are completely right of course - I must have been having a senior moment :)
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Isn't it possible to enter the lot you want, save it to your library and place it somewhere else? As long as its placed in one of the other worlds, you should be able to edit it properly, change lot type etc, and hopefully have a beautiful wedding :)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    edited September 2020
    foxybilly wrote: »
    Trying to work out how to get my sims married in the hired villa they spent their childhood holidays in but do you think I can work out how to get them married there?? Oh absolutely not!!! Tried going there and setting it up from there - no - tried going back home and searching for any selvadorado properties -er no....I am at my wits end I just want to progress my game and its driving me up the wall!!! Any help would be so gratefully appreciated - I dont use mods or CC I dont know how to use them or download them etc. Thank you!

Have you tried to use the calendar to set up the Event? I would select the "bar" and then pause the game when your wedding party gets there. Go into build/buy mode and add what you need to have a wedding and a few tables for the guests to sit at during the reception. That may work for you easier than anything else. Make sure you have one of your active Sims bake the cake before hand. It should stay fresh for 23 Sim hours. Place the topper and slip it into one of your active Sims' personal inventories. Make certain to place that when your wedding party gets to the location. Hope this helps!

ETA: Sorry if my remarks are irrelevant. I tend to post my thoughts first, before I go back and read what others posted. My bad. :disappointed:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Elope. You cannot have a scored Wedding event in destination worlds. The update to them merely allows elopement to occur

Have you tried to use the calendar to set up the Event? I would select the "bar" and then pause the game when your wedding party gets there. Go into build/buy mode and add what you need to have a wedding and a few tables for the guests to sit at during the reception. That may work for you easier than anything else. Make sure you have one of your active Sims bake the cake before hand. It should stay fresh for 23 Sim hours. Place the topper and slip it into one of your active Sims' personal inventories. Make certain to place that when your wedding party gets to the location. Hope this helps!

ETA: Sorry if my remarks are irrelevant. I tend to post my thoughts first, before I go back and read what others posted. My bad. :disappointed:

Thank you for your comments (not at all irrelevant and I love hearing about the Cantrells!) and everyone else - I got it into my head that I could have planned the wedding there, I rebuilt one of the rental homes (not a fan of the design of them in selva whatsitsname) into a gorgeous Spanish style villa with patio, swimming pool and seating area, I have copied it to my library so I can place it elsewhere (which is a great idea!). I decided to travel to the location with the grooms adoptive parents (The Pancakes) and just have a small elopement - after adding wedding touches to the villa, I got the bride to bake the cake before the ceremony - I used the banquettia table that fills with food without you having to cook anything, so its all ready for the wedding tonight :) thanks again so much for your help and advice!!

Thank you for your comments (not at all irrelevant and I love hearing about the Cantrells!) and everyone else - I got it into my head that I could have planned the wedding there, I rebuilt one of the rental homes (not a fan of the design of them in selva whatsitsname) into a gorgeous Spanish style villa with patio, swimming pool and seating area, I have copied it to my library so I can place it elsewhere (which is a great idea!). I decided to travel to the location with the grooms adoptive parents (The Pancakes) and just have a small elopement - after adding wedding touches to the villa, I got the bride to bake the cake before the ceremony - I used the banquettia table that fills with food without you having to cook anything, so its all ready for the wedding tonight :) thanks again so much for your help and advice!!

"Selva whatsitsname", oh my word,🤣 thats what Im calling it from now, hilarious! So glad to see you managed to get it to work! Happy wedding to your sims!