Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

anyone got a random sims 3 update?

i randomly got a update for the sims 3 out of no where which was surprising but i didn't rlly notice anything diffrent abt the game but im wondering if anyone got a updae to thier sims game too (i play on origin btw)

Comments

• InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    What's your version number right now?
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I didn’t get one
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    Update: my game isn’t loading anymore! It’s been on the main loading screen(before the main menu) for almost 20 minutes!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    Update: my game isn’t loading anymore! It’s been on the main loading screen(before the main menu) for almost 20 minutes!

whaaaa
    I go to load up and the loading screen before the main menu doesn’t even fill up!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    They better not be getting rid of the game 😡 lol
    edited September 2020
    Update: I can play the game on my laptop but my desktop still won’t load. It’s still stuck on the main loading screen going to the main menu
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    Update: I can play the game on my laptop but my desktop still won’t load. It’s still stuck on the main loading screen going to the main menu

And you tried all the troubleshooting steps(without mods/cc, clearing cache, new folder etc)?
    Or repair game through Origin, since you're playing through it (faster than a reinstall)

outrun / blog / tunglr
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Or repair game through Origin, since you're playing through it (faster than a reinstall)

Repairing the game usually doesn't do anything to user folder.You don't have to "reinstall" to get a new folder.All you gotta do is rename "The Sims 3" folder to something like "The Sims 3 Old" and then launch the launcher, it will spawn a fresh clean folder, then you can decide whether its something with the user folder or not.
    InfraGreen wrote: »

Repairing the game usually doesn't do anything to user folder.You don't have to "reinstall" to get a new folder.All you gotta do is rename "The Sims 3" folder to something like "The Sims 3 Old" and then launch the launcher, it will spawn a fresh clean folder, then you can decide whether its something with the user folder or not.

The factory reset doesn't fix everything (just a lot of them), the circumstances of this thread made me think "ah yes game install corruption" Though it's definitely the easiest thing to try first.

outrun / blog / tunglr
    edited September 2020
    I would try the user folder first, you never know.Sometimes mods can do some crazy stuff.If that don't work, then I'd go to a repair of the game, and if that still don't work, a complete reinstall.

I can't find any info on a game update, but if there is, if the person has mods installed, perhaps the update broke the mods?
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Did the game update through the launcher or was it an Origin update? I get Origin updates all of the time but I don't think my launcher has updated since the 1.69 ? What number is showing on your launcher?
    @StephSteb it was through origin. I regenerated my sims 3 folder and it ran. Then I put my mods folders back in and it ran, but somehow the holidays were missing. I think it was due to a glitch with the nraas Tempest mod because I took that out and started a test save and the holidays showed up on the sim's work schedule.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    @HillyBeth Oh, ok. I don't know anything about the Tempest mod. I'm glad you got it working <3