Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UPDATE 9-2-20 Has your Sims 3 game been affected by the recent pixilation issues?

Comments

• Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    My game has been affected and I'm upset
    @GraceyManor I haven't noticed that.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    My game has not been affected
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORmaerOzQpk&ab_channel=AutumnPeirson
    You can see it in the middle..
  • Options
    @GraceyManor That is weird. I've not seen it before. Maybe post on the help section here or over at NRaas. Someone there can hopefully help you. It looks like a different issue but I'm not sure.
  • Options
    I can't believe I'd get a 3rd computer that would have issues.the last 2 desktops did that to.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited September 2020
    So what about screen flickering? is this part of the issue as well? I kind of hope it is and not a graphic issue.

Is there another display you can try for testing purposes? A television with an HDMI cable counts too.

EDIT: ah wait saw the video, sorry about that. Does the flickering only happen with trees or can it happen anywhere? I've definitely seen tree textures act funky and chalked it up to them being built differently than other objects in the game.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Dylan.WalshDylan.Walsh Posts: 115 Member
    edited September 2020
    119562001_2735128716729422_6559918095042862676_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=WAbmYyKzDjcAX-YKFAQ&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=f281f4a38bebf214e6a2b905e3f03aba&oe=5F894B5D
    I hope it could be fix with the next update.
  • Options
    @InfraGreen There is like a pixilated square in the center of her screen. I think that is what she is talking about. Does that show up elsewhere @GraceyManor? I get the flickering in the trees too. I think that's normal?

@Dylan.Walsh Hi, nice to see you here. Thanks for posting another picture.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    get the flickering in the trees too. I think that's normal?

Glad someone else gets that.XD Not that that's good, but hope you know what I meant.XD

Anyways, I managed to get the artifacting or anti-aliasing to look okay enough for me.Fiddled around in nvidia controller.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cTb8Z_aym4&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=AutumnPeirson
    Here's another video of flickering plants.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Other. Please explain in comments.
    I take it that it only happens when you crank all the settings to high? Because mine doesn't seem to have that "flickering" problem, but I play with my settings at "mid" - since I'm playing on a low-end computer.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    I take it that it only happens when you crank all the settings to high? Because mine doesn't seem to have that "flickering" problem, but I play with my settings at "mid" - since I'm playing on a low-end computer.

That's weird that high settings would cause that.You think that low settings would...My laptop has most set to high and doesn't see this or I don't notice it.I'll try cranking them down.
  • Options
    Medium settings doesn't help...Think its my graphics card again...tired of swapping pcs out.
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    So what about screen flickering? is this part of the issue as well? I kind of hope it is and not a graphic issue.

Do you have your Frames Per Second capped at 60? Is your vertical-sync turned on?
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

Do you have your Frames Per Second capped at 60? Is your vertical-sync turned on?

Yup, that's the first thing I do asiode from getting my graphics card recognized, that I do first.
  • Options
    I contacted Nvidia support and they suggest returning the PC again for a new one.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @GraceyManor - I'd suggest that you firmly insist they get you one fresh out of the box...with no "rental" history. I wonder how many of these computers get returned because of the problem and they repackage it up and figure some other sucker won't notice. Then they waste several months out of your rent-to-own period having you go back and forth with an unusable computer.

I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory, but you'd be surprised to see what these guys will try to get away with.

Oh...and one more thing. Threaten to make a report to the BBB if they end up sticking you with yet ANOTHER POS machine that doesn't work (yeah...it might work...but it doesn't work the way YOU NEED IT TO). Yeah, I know most businesses have to buy their ratings...but hey...if they're one of them...they might get scared of the fallout.

Luckily for us @Featherbelle and I only used rent-to-own once with a piece of furniture. Not much can go wrong with a pedestal table, I guess. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @GraceyManor - I'd suggest that you firmly insist they get you one fresh out of the box...with no "rental" history. I wonder how many of these computers get returned because of the problem and they repackage it up and figure some other sucker won't notice. Then they waste several months out of your rent-to-own period having you go back and forth with an unusable computer.

I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory, but you'd be surprised to see what these guys will try to get away with.

Oh...and one more thing. Threaten to make a report to the BBB if they end up sticking you with yet ANOTHER POS machine that doesn't work (yeah...it might work...but it doesn't work the way YOU NEED IT TO). Yeah, I know most businesses have to buy their ratings...but hey...if they're one of them...they might get scared of the fallout.

Luckily for us @Featherbelle and I only used rent-to-own once with a piece of furniture. Not much can go wrong with a pedestal table, I guess. :mrgreen:

This was fresh out of the box.I was there when they got it delivered from the manufacturer, everything was vaccume sealed, completely packaged.And this was a different store.Literally this one was brand new. Came right off a truck from Skytech.And I opened it all, even the mouse and keyboard was packaged.I do know the monitor is a low quality monitor and I don't know if that has something to do with it.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    That has to be a royal frustrating pain-in-the-*** to have to deal with that sort of thing. All I can say is just keep complaining to the company involved with your rent-to-own. The "pixel-flickering" seems to be a driver problem as far as my research into it has dug up. Are you using the display drivers from the computer manufacturer or installing the GPU company graphics drivers?

I'm assuming your credit isn't good enough to go with MDG; DELL or one of those $pay by the month companies that deal in exclusively computers only. They seem to have a slightly better post-sale service record.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Hey @GraceyManor I'm sorry you're still having this issue. Sound really frustrating! I'd have to open my game to check but could the cause of the flickering simply be the trees intersecting/placed too close together?
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    My game has been affected but it doesn't bother me
    The 'flickering' is just a combination of lighting on digitally flat surfaces, and movement among separate layers

I zoomed in on a flicking plant.
    The flicker happens when portions of the plant are stationary, while other portions are moving in the wind, breeze.

The lighting is hitting the stationary part and it shines brighter.
    As the moving part passes back and forth in front of it, the stationary part eventually disappears completely.

It doesn't happen gradually. but when enough of the moving part has covered or uncovered the stationary layer.
    The stationary layer just blinks out, and then reappears as the plant recovers from each movement.

@coco is also correct, because placing trees close to each other has the same effect on more parts/layers of more plants.

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    That has to be a royal frustrating pain-in-the-*** to have to deal with that sort of thing. All I can say is just keep complaining to the company involved with your rent-to-own. The "pixel-flickering" seems to be a driver problem as far as my research into it has dug up. Are you using the display drivers from the computer manufacturer or installing the GPU company graphics drivers?

I'm assuming your credit isn't good enough to go with MDG; DELL or one of those $pay by the month companies that deal in exclusively computers only. They seem to have a slightly better post-sale service record.

I was actually approved for up to 3k on msg but they want a 200 down payment I don’t have that plus I couldn’t disnt have any
  • Options
    @coco and @BlackSand Inhave The same world on my old 4 year old laptop that has Nvidia 1050 ti and it doesn’t do it:(
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    My game has been affected but it doesn't bother me
    @coco and @BlackSand Inhave The same world on my old 4 year old laptop that has Nvidia 1050 ti and it doesn’t do it:(

That's entirely possible ... Because the better your graphics card/computer is, the more likely it would be to appear as 'flickering'.

It's not a glitch either ... It's what happens when you have two dimensional surfaces/layers in a three dimensional representation.
    You can zoom in and look at exactly what is happening ... :D

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I mean I believe you but it doesn’t make sense guess I don’t get computers.Desktop isn’t top notch I’d say it’s just slightly better than my laptop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2vc4XVoZPs&ab_channel=AutumnPeirson
    Then I assume the same is happening on the house boat?
  • Options
    So it’s okay to play my game? Won’t damage my card? @puzzlezaddict ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top