Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Should I Buy?

I’m getting bored with my current content, so I was thinking of buying some new packs. However, I don’t want to pay full price. I was thinking of building a bundle, but unfortunately, the only game pack that I don’t have yet is the Star Wars one. I’ve never seen Star Wars and I heard the gameplay is bad, so I wouldn’t get this pack unless it was free. However, according to my calculations, buying just Eco Lifestyle and Nifty Knitting would cost the same as buying all three in a bundle, so I would technically get it for free while paying full-price for the other two.

Another idea to have is wait until the annual Cyber Monday sale and then get Eco Lifestyle and Nifty Knitting for a good bargain. Hopefully, those two packs could last me a while. After that, I could possibly build a bundle in the future, once EP10 and another game pack have been released.

The third thing I could do is not buy any new packs and just find other ways to make the game more interesting. What should I do?

What Should I Buy? 95 votes

Build a Bundle now, including Star Wars
14%
Isb917smurf45bluesparkietothemaxBabykittyjadekristenleighwhiteAnnLee87Hearts4uDrakosPeralx4m1r4AbeericRouensimsorenjiAiCassieb95 14 votes
Wait for a sale, buy Eco Lifestyle and Nifty Knitting, and then wait for more new packs before making a bundle
45%
alexspoom13HowGreatThouArtMLadyAzzeraSimpatsyannkeekee53MeteoraStormcmbaker16stilljustme2Amj1995KennziKaigeladybreidAquariusMomphantasmkissernesdopapertongueGirklbixtersSelinaKylesfiercephoenix91SummerStreak 43 votes
Don’t buy any packs
18%
haneulcharmed4life4Adria22APottssnoepjes1210gnelso1239ChadSims2DeKayTamakiSakura84filipomelClarionOfJoythatsnotswegbirdonawirelogionBradyGalaxyGordySimmerGeorgeSimmingal 18 votes
Other (Please leave a reply.)
21%
LustianiciataydevAlwe1507Missmagoo2CAPTAIN_NXR7WaytoomanyUIDsBMSOcatmando830ScobreMDianaSimsSheepilingDestin2016ChazzzySERVERFRAGlacierSnowAuroraskiesSimAlexandrianetney52ArcherDKSimyim 20 votes

Comments

• amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    Wait for a sale, buy Eco Lifestyle and Nifty Knitting, and then wait for more new packs before making a bundle
    I always get mad at myself when I pay full price and then see the pack on sale later. Just wait it out and in the meantime maybe try some new challenges, start a new save, or try a new rotational style to shake things up.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Don’t buy any packs
    I would never recommend purchasing the Star Wars pack, and at this moment I wouldn't recommend purchasing any new packs until the game gets some major bug fixes.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Don’t buy any packs
    Go CC shopping. Save that third spot in your bundle for the upcoming EP.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm not sure what country you are in, or how the prices are there, but in the US the bundle isn't actually that great of a deal.

Bundle at regular price = $69.97
    Bundle price on sale (bundles are currently on sale on Origin when I posted this) = $49.98
    This is a good deal only compared to the regular prices for an expansion, a game pack and a stuff pack.

But if you compare it to the price of individual packs on sale you get...

Expansion packs typically go on sale for 50% off. So EP regular price = $39.99 but sale price = $19.99
    Game packs typically go on sale for 25% off. So GP regular price = $19.99 but sale price = $14.99
    Stuff packs rarely go on sale. So the price is usually $9.99.

$19.99 + $14.99 + $9.99 = $44.98

$44.98 is less than $49.98

So buying the packs individually while they are on sale is still cheaper than buying them as a bundle, even when the bundle is on sale.

I would just wait for a sale and only buy the packs you actually want.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @GlacierSnow Thank you. I think that’s what I’ll do.
    @amp107 I like the rotational save idea, but it’s kind of difficult to do in The Sims 4 imo. Perhaps I’ll go back to my custom neighborhood in The Sims 2 instead! I used to play primarily The Sims 2 until I started my Sims 4 YouTube channel, but I suppose I can still play Sims 2 in my free time! Thank you!
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    I know not if you already own these or not, but if you seek quality for your money, then buy Seasons and Vampires (ONLY if you actually want to play as vampires).
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
    @ArcherDK Not only do I already have both, but I regret buying Vampires because I've only used it twice.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    If you don't want the Star Wars pack, don't buy it.
    As for Eco Lifestyle, it's still pretty bugged or needs a lot of fine tuning. Otherwise, it is a nice pack, but I'd definitely wait until the NAPs and eco footprint work better.
    Nifty Knitting is likewise bugged, though it doesn't occur all the time. I find this particular bug somewhat game breaking, aims who have learned the knitting skill only refill their energy very slowly. Again, I'd wait until that is fixed.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,408 Member
    If you think you might get something out of star wars like play through it once, or really like the cas,... then I'd say go for a bundle. From what I read there are a lot of restrictions in the pack, but those simmers interested in the theme seem to enjoy it.
    If you are one of those people who absolutely hate the idea of star wars, then I think you better buy the EP and SP packs you really want in your game separately. If you can bring up the patience, wait for a sale.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    If you want it now, buy it now. No need to wait for a sale in November when you want to play and enjoy your game today.

And no don’t bundle since you don’t really want SW.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited September 2020
    I would wait till EA have fixed some bugs before giving them more money. Its your money, but Galaxy's Edge will probably disappoint you more than Vampires did, even without all the bugs and there's still huge problems with the NAPs from Get Gentrified that need fixing.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    Don’t buy any packs
    Eco Lifestyle is still very buggy right now, so I can't really recommend it. Maybe just go mod and CC shopping for now. I don't know if you have any mods already, but kawaiistacie's and sacrificial's mods can add some fun gameplay. They're free and if you don't like them, you can just remove them from your game.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I honestly wouldnt get the star wars pack at all unless you already have a genuine interest in playing it. If you're not sure, keep your money.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Always wait for a sale. Between the time a pack comes out and the time it goes on sale, there's usually a patch fixing things, plus you save some money and don't get a pack you don't want. Win!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm not recommending buying any packs right now until EA fix their bad attitudes towards their community but if you really have to buy something then Eco Lifestyle and Nifty knitting are decent although personally I would wait until they fix the Eco Lifestyle issues. It can be quite disruptive to your normal every day play with mods to fix it as it is right now.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Don’t buy any packs
    I wouldn't recommend buying packs at the moment because of the state of the game
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Watch some Star Wars let's plays and go through all the build/cas items. See if you think anything in there is worth getting it free. If you think it is, go ahead and bundle it. If you don't, wait for a sale
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I would suggest waiting for either Black Friday sales, or if we don't get much on sale at that time of the year we'll at least have one during the Winter sale. It's almost the holiday season, and you'll probably get a better deal with whatever sale is going on at that time than you would with a bundle.

But if you're super bored and have cash to burn I guess go for a bundle now if you really want to. Do what you need to keep yourself entertained and mentally healthy during this quarantine year. If Sims is your favorite hobby and you don't wanna wait until the end of the year then go get it! <3

Also, if you're on PC you could see if there's any new mods you want to play with, too!
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I would wait for the bug fixes and just do some cc shopping then wait for the new packs to go on sale either solo or in a bundle pack.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Don’t buy any packs
    I wouldn't buy any of those packs, and I didn't. Eco Lifestyle is a jam packed with bugs, Nifty Knitting is meh, and Star Wars, from what I've seen, is a snore fest. I guarantee if you get these packs, even at a discount with a bundle, you'll be left unsatisfied and bored again within 10 hours.

Personally, I would either go CC shopping, or spend my money elsewhere and get The Sims 3 for only $20 AND get a free expansion pack and stuck pack, unless your computer can't handle it or you're also already somehow bored with TS3.
    Proud simmer
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited September 2020
    Don’t buy any packs
    wait until packs drop 50% off at least or there is gp you actually want to bundle

also its not that long until they drop next pack so id just wait to know what that is and buy nothing for time being in case its more fun
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I would not buy the things you want at basically full price just to get what you don't really want for free. And they've been having more sales this year than last year so you might not have to wait that long.
    @BradyGalaxy I already have The Sims 3 and all of its EPs, but I got bored of it. Also, could you do me a favor and explain why people keep recommending CC shopping? I don’t have any CC except for historical clothing for the Decades Challenge, and even that was a pain to find.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I'm in the same boat. I was actually looking forward to September 8th because I've been wanting to get Eco Living (finally have a plot idea that it works perfectly for). But after reading all the issues with the Star Wars pack, I can't justify getting it, even if it's "essentially free." The fact that you can't live in Batuu and can't even play as a vampire, spellcaster, or alien put it over the edge. Those were the only things I wanted to do with this pack. (Especially the aliens.)

I got Nifty Knitting for now. I'm willing to put my Eco Living plot on hold until a sale comes around.

I've gotten at least some enjoyment out of every other Sims 4 pack. I've even loved ones other people hated, like Strangerville & My First Pet Stuff. I don't see myself getting anything but frustration and disappointment out of the Star Wars pack, sadly.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.