Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the Gallery dead?

BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
Logged into the game for the first time in four months today.
Apart from the usual "Sexy Ghost and hunk" posts... There are almost no new Sims or lots.

Of the Simmers I follow only Lilsimsie have posted anything at allsince April. And very little.

What's going on? Was Eco Lifestyle so unpopular that the game died even before nifty knitting?
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I see a lot of new things from people I follow, daily. I did notice that a lot of the more popular, larger simmers have not been posting. Your right about Lilsimsie too, she's posted barely anything and just the other day she announced on Twitter that she's taking a break for mental health so that's probably her reason. Not sure why for the rest though, guess this year is just uninspiring some people. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    I see a lot of new things from people I follow, daily. I did notice that a lot of the more popular, larger simmers have not been posting. Your right about Lilsimsie too, she's posted barely anything and just the other day she announced on Twitter that she's taking a break for mental health so that's probably her reason. Not sure why for the rest though, guess this year is just uninspiring some people. :/

Yeah... I almost only follow known Simmers and Maxis, and for the last 5 months only Lilsimsie and Maxis have posted ANYTHING, and Maxis barely anything.
    Any tips of Simmers worth following? I don't do CC, I don't do "Sexyhunknumber13541353". I want quality households, generic beauty queens (of any gender) and pregnant teen mom ghosts I can do without...
    Yeah! The gallery seems to be down for me right now so I can't look anyone up... :(

Some in my library currently though (and some off the top of my head because I do use a lot of their stuff): Minraed, RethaSim, simsperation84 (maybe goes by Fantasims now), SimDoughnut, TheKalino, Chrelizabeth, SinSnam. I use a lot of luckyheather's builds too but mostly I build my own lots.

Those are some of my go-to's when looking for sims though. I like them because they are different and things I wouldn't bother to normally make for myself. I actually don't much like CAS. It's great, and best of the series, I just personally would rather build and play the game than spend time in there. ;)
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I downlaod a lot of my own builds. because I find the houses on the Gallery too big or too cluttered or the builder has used moveobjects. I cant just downlaod and leave it. I always need to check it first. so thats why I download my own builds.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited September 2020
    Ehh, the Gallery is much the same as it always was. My favourite new trend is the idiots uploading YA's to that latest Spark'd challenge, for Elder sims, though. But Simmers I follow have never been prodigious creators and a couple stopped last year.

BTW, German simmers seem to create less stereotypical Sims.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    If you want some inspiration you can check out the thread on this forum where people recommend builds for Maxis Fav. There are a lot of great builders recommended in there!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    I tend to prefer off-beat sims, some simmers good at that are Nixelz, Neurotic90, Mongolian_Girl and Deischschaf013
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • I’ve noticed this too. I was looking for some restaurants and couldn’t be bothered to make my own so thought I’d see what was on the gallery but hardly anything. I also had a flick through some of the lot sizes for certain categories and they don’t have anything made for them at all so that’s maybe a challenge I’m giving myself.

For lots I recommend the Sims Resource. It has some really nice no CC ones. And I think they might do Sims too I just always make my own. If you message me what sort of Sims you’re looking for I’ll try to make something for you. It sounds like a fun little challenge actually to get the creative spark back. Maybe someone should do a thread where we all make Sims for each other.
    Ehh, the Gallery is much the same as it always was. My favourite new trend is the 🌺🌺🌺🌺 uploading YA's to that latest Spark'd challenge, for Elder sims, though. But Simmers I follow have never been prodigious creators and a couple stopped last year.

BTW, German simmers seem to create less stereotypical Sims.

I've actually found this to be the case too.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    I generally don't care for popular builders on the gallery to be honest. Most of them use every pack and put so much clutter that their builds are unplayable. I think it's much the same as it's always been, the popular now section is full of the same popular creators and generic YA sims tiny heads and CC poses. I generally only use the gallery when I'm looking for lot renovations.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    I don't really see difference cause I don't browse much
    but well if anyone needs builds I've been getting more active with building lately
    origin ID is zimzziyo if anyone is interested :)

also taking requests but only if I feel like I complete them :sweat_smile:
    (meaning don't ask me for anything to fill that huge 64 x 64 lot (such as castles or whole villages)
    I've deemed it almost impossible and it drains my life spirit with only mention)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BuildingTheSimsBuildingTheSims Posts: 92 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I generally don't care for popular builders on the gallery to be honest. Most of them use every pack and put so much clutter that their builds are unplayable. I think it's much the same as it's always been, the popular now section is full of the same popular creators and generic YA sims tiny heads and CC poses. I generally only use the gallery when I'm looking for lot renovations.

I dont see a problem with people using the packs they want. They're investing their own time and creativity. Limiting ones self can be stifling . Its all about enjoyment at the end of the day. And there are plenty who do base game builds @Onverser Base game builds are quite popular too. I see plenty builders who post majority Base game, which i didn't like since I want to utilize the stuff that comes in DLC.
    edited September 2020

I dont see a problem with people using the packs they want. They're investing their own time and creativity. Limiting ones self can be stifling . Its all about enjoyment at the end of the day. And there are plenty who do base game builds @Onverser Base game builds are quite popular too. I see plenty builders who post majority Base game, which i didn't like since I want to utilize the stuff that comes in DLC.

Sure they can do what they want, but it's just annoying from a player perspective when you can't find anything on the gallery you can use because they all use every single stuff pack. Like I have all the expansions and game packs but I still struggle to find things I can download without having to rebuild half the lot as they fill it with some niche stuff pack I don't have.

As you said, if you have DLC you want builds that incorporate it, not to be stuck with base game builds. But not everyone's gonna have every DLC and it's quite annoying when you can't use 90% of gallery builds as they fill them with stuff like "Cool Kitchen Stuff"

Sure they can do what they want, but it's just annoying from a player perspective when you can't find anything on the gallery you can use because they all use every single stuff pack. Like I have all the expansions and game packs but I still struggle to find things I can download without having to rebuild half the lot as they fill it with some niche stuff pack I don't have.

As you said, if you have DLC you want builds that incorporate it, not to be stuck with base game builds. But not everyone's gonna have every DLC and it's quite annoying when you can't use 90% of gallery builds as they fill them with stuff like "Cool Kitchen Stuff"

My suggestion is to just look up base game builds, theres a ton on there. Then just redecorate a bit once you put the home in your game :)@Onverser
    edited September 2020

My suggestion is to just look up base game builds, theres a ton on there. Then just redecorate a bit once you put the home in your game :)@Onverser

My point is that I don't download from popular creators because I don't like redecorating builds
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    I wouldn’t say the game died but I’m pretty It’s because this hasn’t been a good year for sims 4. There’s no inspiration anymore? Idk honestly. But I’ve noticed this too. Especially with lots.

My point is that I don't download from popular creators because I don't like redecorating builds

I understand that. I was just saying that theres also builders (popular and also unknown builders) who share Base game things. There isnt a shortage of base game builds .
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    I wouldn’t say the game died but I’m pretty It’s because this hasn’t been a good year for sims 4. There’s no inspiration anymore? Idk honestly. But I’ve noticed this too. Especially with lots.

I haven't built a single thing since I finished the builds for my save file. I'm going through a creativity block as far as building goes. With that being said, I have done more game play than I normally do, and I'm enjoying that a lot. For me, I don't necessarily think it's because of the game so much as this year is just uninspiring.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2020
    When I download Sims from the gallery, I tend to download whomever I feel is attractive. It can be multiple households. I will merge them and pick and choose which people I want to make a couple. I have also found 2 women good looking enough to be my Sim’s wife and decided to merge them together to create a super Sim child. Then I delete the “parents” and kept her who I aged up as a YA.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I haven't really noticed a difference and I use the gallery daily but I don't follow people I just look for the latest things. Always finding something amazing.

Something I have noticed is the search is really bad I wish they would upgrade that. And that there was a faster way to see what's in the middle and at the bottom.

And since they merged with consoles it doesn't seen like there's any more stuff than before? A lot of times I search for keywords, common things and I reach the end fast and I'm like that's all there is?!!!!

And one other frustration I wish we can search for cc content only if we wanted to. I know the cc disappears unless you have it but I have a lot of cc so most things usually stay and I decorate the rest of lot or sim myself. I prefer this. Shame there is no option.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    There seem to be server problems too atm. I have lost connection to the gallery several times since yesterday, even mid scrolling.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I haven't noticed a difference but that's probably because I don't follow anyone. I just search for keywords when i need something
    There seem to be server problems too atm. I have lost connection to the gallery several times since yesterday, even mid scrolling.

I've been having problems for the last couple of days now. Today seems sporadic connections but yesterday I couldn't get access at all for about 5 hours. :/
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Simgurufrost announced the gallery was down for matenience yesterday on twitter. Today it is working fine for me.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(