Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to access old PMs using 'Older Messages' link

I've just been trying to go through my old private messages with one user here. In order to access the older messages, I always click the 'Older Messages' link to go back a page to the previous 50 messages. However, this now does not work, as it boots me back to the last message I sent (the 678th message in this particular message thread).
The address bar when I open the chat looks like this:
zdIs83K.png

Older messages is located here:
uQXWKLk.png

When I click 'Older Messages', however, instead of seeing the end of the link (after 40917) be /600/50/, this happens:
0TQMYm8.png

I manually typed in the link to go to the first 50-100 messages in this chat, and this is what it looked like:
SZ0FJqV.png
Thus, I was able to access them, obviously they haven't been deleted or anything.

I also checked on mobile and the same thing happened, then on my second laptop (this laptop is on Firefox, my old laptop is on Chrome) and it's the same.

It happens with all of my chats that are over 50 messages long. From older pages, clicking 'Older Messages' or 'Newer Messages' always results in being booted back to the latest message. In my case, this is message 678 (#Item_678 in the address bar) for this particular chat

Can anyone else confirm if this is happening to them or is it just me?

Comments

• AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited September 2020
    It happens to me too.

I already have screenshots of most of mine though, and don't need to access them here anymore. Too bad they didn't do this change before, when I accidentally shared my real name and email adress to someone in a PM. The answer I got then, from the Moderators of this forum, was that nothing could be done, even from their side.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Same here.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Its also happening with older comments for me. I needed to check something I had written in an older comment and it wont show more than the newest 30 or so. If you click "More Comments", it just repeats them.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @afai1261 It happened to me as well.. Thank you for sharing your solution.. I did what you did and it worked!