Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you recommend buying the Journey to Batuu Game Pack?

Comments

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    For my game play style it makes sense and therefore I enjoy this pack a lot.

Would I recommend it? It depends on who’s asking and what you’re looking for in your game. If none of the game play review videos can offer any help in making a clear choice, I’d say definitely wait until a sale or buy it as part of a bundle.

Although I personally really like this Game pack, it is very niche and may feel less like ‘Sims’, so it’s probably the last one I’d recommend buying if you still have other buy options such as Seasons or Vampires. Again, it totally depends on what you’re looking for. I could offer a complete list if I had the time, but folks here already gave very clear overviews, so I’m not sure what else I could add.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited September 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »
    ldmarko wrote: »
    What I don't like:
    • Batuu as a Vacation World - I said it from the start, but Batuu should have always been a residential world. It's disappointing that my sims can't live there.

I would love it if they could add a worlds toggle, so we could choose to make a world home or destination. I often copy the lots & place them in home worlds, but it's not the same.

I've gone from "no way" to "thinking about it" now. Not an SW fan, but I see a lot of other players having a lot of fun with it. My only concern is that I don't want to see the characters & outfits randomly wandering around the neighborhood, what happens in Batuu needs to stay in Batuu.

They only need to go to Batuu for the missions. If you want to place the lots in the home world and play them there is fine for other things like gaining credits at sabaac and buying a droid and lightsabres. I put the droid shop on a lot in Oasis Springs and you can buy droids from it just like in Batuu. It's totally possible to have Batuu like gameplay in the home worlds if that's what you want.

I get that, and it's great for those types of players who enjoy rebuilding an entire world from scratch, but I am not that kind of player.

And while you can totally get away with using the build and buy objects in Oasis Springs, which is where I placed my Star Wars inspired build for my sim to live in, Oasis Springs just isn't... Batuu. The overall atmosphere and environment of Batuu is what I love, and I just don't get the same immersion when playing in Oasis Springs.

The toggle that @ldmarko suggested is a nice idea. It's just a great way to appease all kinds of players, because it gives us more customisation options. :blush:

Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    What I don't like:
    • Batuu as a Vacation World - I said it from the start, but Batuu should have always been a residential world. It's disappointing that my sims can't live there.

I would love it if they could add a worlds toggle, so we could choose to make a world home or destination. I often copy the lots & place them in home worlds, but it's not the same.

I've gone from "no way" to "thinking about it" now. Not an SW fan, but I see a lot of other players having a lot of fun with it. My only concern is that I don't want to see the characters & outfits randomly wandering around the neighborhood, what happens in Batuu needs to stay in Batuu.

They only need to go to Batuu for the missions. If you want to place the lots in the home world and play them there is fine for other things like gaining credits at sabaac and buying a droid and lightsabres. I put the droid shop on a lot in Oasis Springs and you can buy droids from it just like in Batuu. It's totally possible to have Batuu like gameplay in the home worlds if that's what you want.

I get that, and it's great for those types of players who enjoy rebuilding an entire world from scratch, but I am not that kind of player.

And while you can totally get away with using the build and buy objects in Oasis Springs, which is where I placed my Star Wars inspired build for my sim to live in, Oasis Springs just isn't... Batuu. The overall atmosphere and environment of Batuu is what I love, and I just don't get the same immersion when playing in Oasis Springs.

The toggle that @ldmarko suggested is a nice idea. It's just a great way to appease all kinds of players, because it gives us more customisation options. :blush:

I used Oasis Springs in my game too. However, I don't think you need to replicate Batuu to enjoy the gameplay. If you want to earn credits to buy a droid or two, or some lightsabres and other things from the antiquities shop, you can totally do so at a leisurely pace in the home world by playing sabaac with your friends or neighbors, or swindling for credits if that's your thing, or train with the lightsabre. You really don't need to rebuild the whole world. Personally, I wouldn't want Batuu as a home world because there are no lots in it to build on. I like to have a variety of venues in my game and this world doesn't offer it. Would have been nice to have at least the market place as an open lot and the hotel.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited September 2020
    No! I do not recommend it.
    Every person justifying the pack only says I use it for my geeky sims to do this and do that. I have geeky sims too but that is neither worth 20$ or are my geeky sims only interested in Star Wars. If it was a geek pack with more than just Star Wars then fine.
    Also playing with lightsabers or droids is not gameplay to me. It's just objects and animations. This pack offers no tools for you to be creative so what should I do with it. Make a geeky sim play with lightsabers with his buddies? And then what? Play the repetitive mission that are just talking to people and moving? And then what? No replayability

Also you can't even go into any buildings and you don't even have a base! Where does your sim sleep? In a void somewhere but not in a base camp with actual beds.
    If you want to buy a 20$ advertisement for a brand then be my guest. But don't expect people to do the same.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    Every person justifying the pack only says I use it for my geeky sims to do this and do that. I have geeky sims too but that is neither worth 20$ or are my geeky sims only interested in Star Wars. If it was a geek pack with more than just Star Wars then fine.
    Also playing with lightsabers or droids is not gameplay to me. It's just objects and animations. This pack offers no tools for you to be creative so what should I do with it. Make a geeky sim play with lightsabers with his buddies? And then what? Play the repetitive mission that are just talking to people and moving? And then what? No replayability

Also you can't even go into any buildings and you don't even have a base! Where does your sim sleep? In a void somewhere but not in a base camp with actual beds.
    If you want to buy a 20$ advertisement for a brand then be my guest. But don't expect people to do the same.

There are three lots that are editable and quite large and can be made into bases for your sims if you don't want to use the rabbithole hotel. Regarding playability, I think it's pretty much on the same scale as the other destination worlds. Except here you don't pay for your vacation stay. There are food recipes you can learn and add to a restaurant menu, there's gambling at sabaac and swindling for money if you want to play a gambling conartist type of character, you can recruit in your home world so you can get the whole neighbourhood involved in the two opposing factions and then have fun setting up Romeo and Juliet type stories. Also the missions are a fun way to increase your programming and rocket building skills and the little robots can be used as portable radios in the home worlds so you can dance and gain fun anywhere.

There are three lots that are editable and quite large and can be made into bases for your sims if you don't want to use the rabbithole hotel. Regarding playability, I think it's pretty much on the same scale as the other destination worlds. Except here you don't pay for your vacation stay. There are food recipes you can learn and add to a restaurant menu, there's gambling at sabaac and swindling for money if you want to play a gambling conartist type of character, you can recruit in your home world so you can get the whole neighbourhood involved in the two opposing factions and then have fun setting up Romeo and Juliet type stories. Also the missions are a fun way to increase your programming and rocket building skills and the little robots can be used as portable radios in the home worlds so you can dance and gain fun anywhere.

@crocobaura
    Playing cards, cooking are all stuff we have without this pack and are also not very much gameplay. Same goes for increasing skills which is so easy to do without this pack as well. It came with no new skills so yeah.
    Also there should have been a "base camp" type lot with this pack. If I have to actually sacrifice the only 3 lots the game has to build a fake base camp then I don't get how this is worth it. It's just 3 lots, there is almost nothing you can do with just 3 lots.
    Robots as portable radios? Wait don't I have this in Discover University already? Well there you go.
    If you want to create a Romeo and Juliet story you can also do it with just the base game and some EPs. No need for this pack either.
    The other destination worlds at least involve some storytelling you can do on your own because they let you do stuff and have more editable lots too.
    Nothing new came with this pack except a world full of sets and repetitive missions.

@crocobaura
    Playing cards, cooking are all stuff we have without this pack and are also not very much gameplay. Same goes for increasing skills which is so easy to do without this pack as well. It came with no new skills so yeah.
    Also there should have been a "base camp" type lot with this pack. If I have to actually sacrifice the only 3 lots the game has to build a fake base camp then I don't get how this is worth it. It's just 3 lots, there is almost nothing you can do with just 3 lots.
    Robots as portable radios? Wait don't I have this in Discover University already? Well there you go.
    If you want to create a Romeo and Juliet story you can also do it with just the base game and some EPs. No need for this pack either.
    The other destination worlds at least involve some storytelling you can do on your own because they let you do stuff and have more editable lots too.
    Nothing new came with this pack except a world full of sets and repetitive missions.

You don't have to sacrifice the 3 lots, you only need to edit them to your liking. If you want to live there you can, I have a sim who's been there for more than a week already. The lots are large and you can build on them 4 levels up and 4 levels down. It's up to you how you incorporate the storytelling into your game, but with the option to recruit and build it's totally possible to get the story into your homeworld and you go on missions only in Batuu same as you would go temple exploring in Selvadorada.

@crocobaura

You don't have to sacrifice the 3 lots, you only need to edit them to your liking. If you want to live there you can, I have a sim who's been there for more than a week already. The lots are large and you can build on them 4 levels up and 4 levels down. It's up to you how you incorporate the storytelling into your game, but with the option to recruit and build it's totally possible to get the story into your homeworld and you go on missions only in Batuu same as you would go temple exploring in Selvadorada.

Well in Selvadorada yοu actuall go to more than one place and do more stuff than talk to people. I'm not saying JA is a good Gamepack is any way. I just cannot see how you can compare an active lot you can go in with the 3 lots in Batuu.
    Build a base in the basement? Sure but how about an actual freaking lot to play in. I can't play in 3 lots for more than a week. Eventually I'm gonna get sick of it. It's unbelievable how much more people are going to try to say this pack has meat.
    Next gamepack will probably be like one lot and all of you will say, "well you can still build what you want upstairs or in the basement so I don't see the problem..."

Sure if you're fine with 3 lots, boring missions, activities we already have in other packs and like 3 interactable objects for your geeky sims, do that it's your opinion. But realize how absurd it sounds to other people.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited September 2020

I used Oasis Springs in my game too. However, I don't think you need to replicate Batuu to enjoy the gameplay. If you want to earn credits to buy a droid or two, or some lightsabres and other things from the antiquities shop, you can totally do so at a leisurely pace in the home world by playing sabaac with your friends or neighbors, or swindling for credits if that's your thing, or train with the lightsabre. You really don't need to rebuild the whole world. Personally, I wouldn't want Batuu as a home world because there are no lots in it to build on. I like to have a variety of venues in my game and this world doesn't offer it. Would have been nice to have at least the market place as an open lot and the hotel.

Of course, you don't need to do that in order to enjoy the gameplay.

If Batuu were to be a residential world, there would be selectable lots where you could place anything you like. As I mentioned in my original post, there's a lot of shell buildings. I wouldn't have minded if these buildings were similar to apartments in the sense that you can't edit the outside, but you can edit the inside. This would keep within the Batuu architecture but still offer players the option to live there if they want to. You could also still treat Batuu like a vacation world, even if it was a residential world. As an example, I know some players "visit" Sulani because they'd rather it be a tropical vacation world.

For me, it's about the immersion. Sure, I can try to replicate certain things here and there, but that's not the same. Worlds always have been (and likely always will be) an important thing for me when it comes to the Sims 4. With all that said, there's no right or wrong here. It's simply a matter of preference, and mine is that I'd prefer Batuu to be a residential world.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Yes! I'm really enjoying it.
    First thing I will say is, this pack isn't for everyone, and that's okay. Parenthood and Spa Day aren't for everyone either. Only you truly know if you will get something out of it that you will enjoy, and that's all that matters. I strongly recommend to look into both positive and negative responses from only people who have actually played with the pack. This will give you more concrete information.

Second thing I'll say is, liking it will depend on your play style and how open minded you are. If you are a control freak player, this might not be for you. If you are a strict realism player, you might get some use out of the geeky parts like the models, droids and lightsabers for Geek Sims, or find a way to use it as a Disney Park. If you are pretty breezy about your game and tend to be curious to try new things, you may like this and/or find uses for some or all of it. If you like playing Occults almost exclusively, you may have an issue with the pack because Occults can't use their powers while in batuu. If you like Star Wars and want a SW experience in your game, you may enjoy the pack, but try to have realistic expectations and know what you're getting. The SW universe and story is huge, and this pack is very focused on Batuu. But there are definitely a lot of Easter Eggs in this pack for the Star Wars enthusiast to pick up. If you like playing out fantastical stories and "adventures" for your Sims, then this is probably going to make you happy. If you're more exclusively a Sim stylist or builder, then it depends on if you like doing creative, fantastical styles or builds because, again, not a lot for modern day, realistic representation but really great for fantasy.

My break down of content:

CAS: It's absolutely gorgeous. This is one of my top favorite CAS collections to date for Sims 4. I really mean that. The textures are beautiful quality with a lot of muted tones in neutral colors and layering designs. The styles can be used for Steampunk, Apocalyptic, Industrial, military, cultist, spiritualist, desert dwellers, sci-fi and fantasy. And there's a big selection of clothes for a game pack, even for males. There are a few designs for kids and toddlers as well. The alien heads and SW specific costumes could be good for Halloween play or for expanding Get To Work Aliens. They can also be ignored.

The negative: The alien skins don't always cover the whole body consistently, which is weird. They also fall under Hats and not skin details or tattoos. Also weird. Some people say a few of the textures are too Alpha but they don't bother me at all.

Build/Buy: Now, I'm not a builder, but there's some really cool stuff in here. Just don't expect a bedroom and dining set, or the "usual" Sim sets. But there are some wonderful stonework walls and floors, a plethora of industrial/Steampunk/sci-fi hanging lamps, Star Wars collectables, a beautiful new curved bar, cantina furniture, and a Sabacc table so your Sims can now gamble together. According to some reports I've seen, the Droid station and shops can be placed in other sims worlds and will function normally so your Sim can purchase lightsabers and droids. If you like to make retail shops, the mini ships and SW toys are a great addition for a toy or comics store. Also, most of the furniture in this pack has a very rustic, used look also in lots of neutral tones with a Steampunk, Apocalypse, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, industrial, etc. feel. Goes great with StrangerVille or in Oasis Springs. Or even in Glimmerbrook or Granite Falls if you want to build some hidden, forgotten structures that got swallowed by the forests. Or a fallout bunker.

The negative: Lots of crates. Lots. Also, some SW specific items that aren't really flexible for use, and some spaceships that look great but will only be decoration. This isn't exactly a negative if you like building Sci-Fi or SW builds, but it is more restrictive than most other packs.

World So, let me just say that I have never been a fan of rabbit holes. I absolutely couldn't stand them in Sims 3 and I've disapproved of them being used in the larger EPs like Island Living and Discover University. I much prefer to have playable venues because otherwise, you end up sitting there, staring at the scenery, doing nothing, and that's not gameplay. I'll admit though, that the DU ones didn't end up bothering me as much as I thought, because they were there in addition to the standard dorm lot, and I can see what they were going for to get the campus ambience. It does, however, make it harder to keep track of Sim schedules and whereabouts when you're playing eight of them, which I tend to do.

Journey to Batuu definitely has several rabbit holes. Each section of the world has one lot that can be changed with the freebuild cheat, but what you put on those lots (or take away) might affect the gameplay and behaviors. The world itself is stunning, like most of Sims 4 worlds, with immersive ambient sounds and fine details everywhere. There's a lot to look at and it really captures the feel of being on another planet. There are citizens wandering around, Stormtroopers and First Order officers patrolling, and I can tell that a lot of programming went into specific behaviors of NPCs. You don't see Bella Goth jogging by or Eliza Pancakes tending bar. It feels like a separate place.

The negative: As I said, rabbit holes. Also, the world is non-residential and limited in lot space. I would have loved to be able to have a Sim live there or have more places to visit like the cantina, but I know they designed the central single lot with more interactable objects, structures and rabbit holes stretched out around it in order to avoid extra load screens and distractions that break up the gameplay. The few load screens they left are very quick and have a bit of flair. If there was more than one lot in each section, we'd have to hit a load screen more frequently in the middle of missions and that could get tedious. So I understand why they did it. I still would have liked more.

The Gameplay: When I found out about the mission based gameplay, I was kind of neutral about it. We had that in StrangerVille but I found that I was still able to play the game my own way. I figured if I didn't like the missions, I'd just take my Sims to Batuu to visit the cantina sometimes and use the world as a sort of international space center for my regular Aliens. But the mission system varies from StrangerVille in that there are three separate branches, reputation to earn with different factions, and some neutral, "side missions" that can be done if you don't want to choose a side. So while the main gameplay is generally guided and linear, there is still some room for a little flexibility to accomplish things in slightly different ways, like getting a droid to do the tech work or zap the enemy. There is also some challenge and (small) consequences as well. Sims usually require certain skill levels to complete some missions, and there can be a bit of risk of getting "arrested" if you fail (which is a time out for that Sim where you can't play them for a certain length of time) or electrocuted or rejected (depending on the mission). And while I'm only a Rank 2 Scoundrel and dabbling in the Resistance, I've been noticing more and more little nuances to the gameplay that imply that there's a lot more going on under the hood than people realize. It's an actual story progression that changes the behaviors of NPCs towards you depending on your decisions. What you do does make a difference in Batuu. Not huge, but enough to make the gameplay entertaining and immersive to those who are willing to let it do what it was designed to do. And the gameplay itself, I am very surprised to say, is extremely smooth. Hardly any Sim wrangling to get them to do what I want and I've had no bugs yet.

The negative: The largest negative, for me, is that there are no Force powers. That you can wield a lightsaber but can't be a Jedi. That just stinks. And you can't use a Spellcaster or Vampire to fill that role while on Batuu either, because their powers are neutered while visiting. Sure, once you're back home you can Jedi or Sith it out, but what good is that if you don't have the actual factions to confront? So that's a big bummer. Also, if you don't like linear gameplay or don't think outside the box much or have your own strict way of playing Sims, you may get frustrated with or dislike the missions. If you prefer the gameplay style of older Sims games, like Sims 1 or 2, you may not like the boundaries for playing this pack.

Overall though, I am personally getting a whole lot of enjoyment out of this pack. I kind of expected to be a little bored of it by now but my Sims are still there, they've almost spent a whole Sim year in Batuu without ever returning home, lol. I play my own way with a few Sims who have character arcs happening and I'm really into their stories. The missions still haven't bored me and I still haven't even seen Kylo Ren or Rey yet. I'm just taking my time and enjoying it and noticing the little details and changes in interactions and pushing my luck with NPCs, and it's been quite engaging.
    #Team Occult
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    buy it if you like ja or sims 3 world adventure
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Don't see what this has to do with WA. In WA you actually explore tombs that you can see inside of and there's tons of them. They actually have puzzles and sims need certain skills or items to progress through traps. In WA if you get cursed by a mummy your sims can die, if you go to tombs without food your sims can die, if you try to go through traps with minimal skills your sims can die, what consequences does Buttwho have?

I like WA and hate this GP, so no.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    I had it bought for me as i wasnt going to get it , I certainly am glad i didnt buy it myself its a real letdown with everywhere but the cantina being rabbitholes , Cant even really use it as a holiday destination as unless you want to do the missions there is absolutely nothing to do .
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Don't see what this has to do with WA. In WA you actually explore tombs that you can see inside of and there's tons of them. They actually have puzzles and sims need certain skills or items to progress through traps. In WA if you get cursed by a mummy your sims can die, if you go to tombs without food your sims can die, if you try to go through traps with minimal skills your sims can die, what consequences does Buttwho have?

I like WA and hate this GP, so no.

thats just I how I feel about the pack your free to disagree however
    more for sim kids and more drama please

@crocobaura

Well in Selvadorada yοu actuall go to more than one place and do more stuff than talk to people. I'm not saying JA is a good Gamepack is any way. I just cannot see how you can compare an active lot you can go in with the 3 lots in Batuu.
    Build a base in the basement? Sure but how about an actual freaking lot to play in. I can't play in 3 lots for more than a week. Eventually I'm gonna get sick of it. It's unbelievable how much more people are going to try to say this pack has meat.
    Next gamepack will probably be like one lot and all of you will say, "well you can still build what you want upstairs or in the basement so I don't see the problem..."

Sure if you're fine with 3 lots, boring missions, activities we already have in other packs and like 3 interactable objects for your geeky sims, do that it's your opinion. But realize how absurd it sounds to other people.

Well, some playing you can do on those lots, and some gameplay happens elsewhere in the open neigbourhood. In Selvadorada you don't do much in the open neighbourhood but in those hidden lots, in Batuu much of the action happens in the open neighbourhood as you need to interact with the sims and the neighbourhood. Sure, I would have liked to have my sim have their own house in Batuu, or more lots that I could transform into other things, but to be honest I am more annoyed by the fact that we do not have access to our regular inventory while in Batuu to keep things like cameras and sale tables. I can build more home lots and venues in the homeworlds and it wouldn't make much difference with how the travel system works. On the plus side you earn money for the missions, enough to actually consider them an active job if you want to do them one per day. And I do like the gambling, we had a card game already but not gambling.
  • NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    Honestly the game looks really good, the trailers made the pack look promising too, but the final product was nothing what other Simmers expected for the game, personally I agree with a lot of what others say about the pack and it is lacking majorly, first of all it was a mistake making it a 'vacation' world rather than a regular world, the gameplay looks repetitive and will most likely annoy lots of players, so its a pack I will pass, the first Game Pack looks more fun than this pack and that's saying a lot.

I don't recommend this pack to anyone, but if you want to buy it and try it, go ahead and I do hope you enjoy playing the pack.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I usually tell my sim buddy what’s in or not in the game. They can then decide on their own.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited September 2020
    It's OK... Maybe you should wait for when it's on sale.
    well, I do enjoy it but I don't think it is for everyone, whether I'd recommend it or not depends on the persons playstyle.

Personally I really like the missions, especially playing a scoundrel, it's not like SV at all.
    I don't really mind the rabbitholes, they are like little text adventures and the art is really cool (I wish other rabbithole "adventures" would come with art, like the regular space missions for the rocket).
    I like that you can be in two sides simultaniously either scoundrels and first order or scoundrels and the resistance.
    After a mission I love drinking some juice and playing (or rather cheating on) sabbacc at the cantina :smile:
    The BB is awesome and some of the CAS as well (man, that TIE fighter pilot outfit is SO cool!).

Not gonna list negatives here cause well...there's enough of that going arround, plus for me the good outweighs the bad.

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Nushka wrote: »
    troshalom wrote: »
    Yeah if you want your Sims walking around in Batuu costumes

@SimmerGeorge SG_Romeo says this was intentionally applied and that it shouldn't happen in game

It wasn't intentional, there have been multiple reports of simmers using townies mods and getting the alien "heads" on already existing townies.

There's also reports of simmers not using any kind of mods and getting alien baristas from Batuu at other worlds.

So it's a result of a mod that hasn't been updated for the new pack and if you don't have the outdated mod your townies won't be converted into aliens.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I think it is up to the eyes of the beholder and what they want to achieve with it and does it truly add to the game or take away. I also believe the end user should pay for what they believe the value of the pack to be through pack sales/coupons(which I used to get the pack :) )
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    So far what I know about Sims 4 Journey to Batuu
    is the fact:

1. The 3 lots in Batuu are possible to build on with the cheat code BB.EnableFreeBuild On

2. The NPC Kylo & NPC Rey can be changed into another sim character by getting a played sim to meet the NPC, then use the cheat code
    CAS.FullEditMode On
    Then Shift Click the NPC & change the sim.
    They will remain the NPC Leaders.

3. The real Occult Lifestate Aliens can go to Batuu. "We come in peace".

4. Spellcasters can use their brooms in Batuu. Flying Brooms are better than Speedpods.

5. Vampires can turn into Bat form in Batuu.
    Very batty. Lol

6. R2D2 can be useful in both Batuu & the rest of the worlds. He's handy around the house, he's very musical & can be your best friend.

7. It's possible to lineup the fake Batuu building with a real one, just make sure that the main opening lineup with the main door.

That's all I know for now.

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    So far what I know about Sims 4 Journey to Batuu
    is the fact:

1. The 3 lots in Batuu are possible to build on with the cheat code BB.EnableFreeBuild On

2. The NPC Kylo & NPC Rey can be changed into another sim character by getting a played sim to meet the NPC, then use the cheat code
    CAS.FullEditMode On
    Then Shift Click the NPC & change the sim.
    They will remain the NPC Leaders.

3. The real Occult Lifestate Aliens can go to Batuu. "We come in peace".

4. Spellcasters can use their brooms in Batuu. Flying Brooms are better than Speedpods.

5. Vampires can turn into Bat form in Batuu.
    Very batty. Lol

6. R2D2 can be useful in both Batuu & the rest of the worlds. He's handy around the house, he's very musical & can be your best friend.

7. It's possible to lineup the fake Batuu building with a real one, just make sure that the main opening lineup with the main door.

That's all I know for now.

When Kylo Ren Spawns, I'm totally turning him into Darth Vader. Maybe I'll even change Rey into Luke. I love the original trilogy characters the most. <3
    #Team Occult
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2020

@crocobaura

Thankyou for your insightful input I'm gathering ideas for when I get this pack soon and this was really helpful!! I didn't know you can sort of bring the gameplay into the home world. One thing i have been wondering, is there any way to have storm troopers patrolling around asking for I.D in the home world? That's a feature I REALLY Like.
    And if not i was going to ask a modder to see if they can mod that option in.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(

@crocobaura

Thankyou for your insightful input I'm gathering ideas for when I get this pack soon and this was really helpful!! I didn't know you can sort of bring the gameplay into the home world. One thing i have been wondering, is there any way to have storm troopers patrolling around asking for I.D in the home world? That's a feature I REALLY Like.
    And if not i was going to ask a modder to see if they can mod that option in.

I haven't tested that in game yet, but sims keep the new interactions available to them so if my sim is able to check ID, I guess other sims would do too if they unlocked that interaction.
  • discoduck227discoduck227 Posts: 62 Member
    I'm really enjoying it but I'm a huge Star Wars fan so I like the whole choose your path idea. I think there are some things that could be improved upon but overall I like it. For someone who's a casual fan or isn't sure if they'd like it or not, I'd say wait for a sale. Personally I think they should have treated it like Sims Medieval and have it be its own game, there would be a lot more they could do and it wouldn't impact the rest of the game so much. Things haven't been working right since Eco Lifestyle came out (at least not in my game.) and that should have been worked out before putting out anything else after Nifty Knitting.