Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Can I Stop Guests From Swiping Or Stealing Things From My Sims House?

My Sims guests or visitors when they come inside the house they keep on swiping things or stealing things from my Sims house. How can I prevent this without sending them home?

Comments

• JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member
    Lol this happened to me so many times. In my legacy game I had a portrait gallery an my sim's brother stole his own and his wife's portraits. Sorry, can't help you much. I went and removed his klepto trait but that's hard to do for a large amount of sims.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Do you have Eco Lifestyle and does your neighbourhood have sharing is caring NAP? Just get rid of that.
  • bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    Do you have Eco Lifestyle and does your neighbourhood have sharing is caring NAP? Just get rid of that.

@musteni yes I do have Eco Lifestyle.. How can I get rid of neighbourhood caring is sharing NAP?
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    You can have your sim repeal a NAP starting on friday and collecting signatures. OR you can shift click a mail box with testing cheats on and cheat it away.
  • HammerstarHammerstar Posts: 9 New Member
    Yeah, that Sharing is Caring NAP will basically break your game if it gets implemented and you're not ready for it. It essentially is a blanket Kleptomaniac trait on every Sim in the neighborhood.

Had it get implemented while a Sim of mine was in college, and next thing I new, all the computers and everything else in the dorm I needed to actually do the things were gone, and of course, you can't edit dorms while Sims are living in them.
    @musteni @Hammerstar so that's the catch of Sharing Is Caring NAP ? I'll have that repealed in the mailbox.
  • ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    @bootsguy You are going to want to go into your game settings under Eco Lifestyle and disable "autonomous NAP voting" so they don't vote the blasted Sharing is Caring NAP back in. With autonomous voting disabled, no new NAPs will be enacted. However, every week, you'll get a pop up that says a random one has. it hasn't. It's also a bug, that thankfully does nothing but scare you.

There was (and may still be) a bug that allowed NAPs from other neighborhoods to be enacted in EVERY neighborhood. If, after you repeal Sharing is Caring, people are still swiping crap, you'll need to go to every neighborhood in every world, and log into one family, and repeal the neighborhood NAPs, just like you repealed your own.
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    My sims almost went bankrupt after moving in to the new house. I finally locked all doors until I successfully repealed sharing and caring. It’s back to normal.
  • JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    Maybe it's really an easter egg to bring back burglars and police. I would prefer that to having sims stop by with their nasty fruit cake and stealing from me. They took away my rounded counters and now I don't know how to make them round again.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited September 2020
    Shift-click on the mailbox and insta-repeal Sharing is Caring. You may also want to disable NPC voting, or while you're doing the shift-click thing, insta-enact four more or less obnoxious NAPs. That will stop the stealing nap from being enacted in the future. I wish expansion packs came in modules that we could enable/disable at our desire, like mods do. I'd turn off NAPs and never look back.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited September 2020
    Don't invite kleptomaniacs or criminals in.

Ask about career. Get to know. There are easy ways to find these things out.

edit - oh, an NAP issue? I read carelessly. Seeing this on general, not pack, discussion, I assumed base game. Advice still applies. ;)
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited September 2020
    How to access different shapes of counters:
    https://simscommunity.info/2014/09/06/sims-4-tutorial-shape-counters-cabinets/

The trait from Eco Living, Recycle Disciple, makes sims, active and npc, to steal (recycle) objects if they are tense from not having recycled in a while; by design.

Edit: The whole pack is one big comment on EA game producing. :tongue:

Just kidding, I love the pack.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited September 2020
    Zero has a great mod to stop NPCs from stealing everything not nailed down if you're not adverse to using mods. Just downloaded it the other day and its staying in until this N.A.P. is toned waaaay down. Since you can only change NAPs in your home neighborhood, there's not much you can do in other neighborhoods your sim is visiting and the NAP is in effect. And for me, this dang NAP is literally EVERYWHERE so builds Ive worked on are getting destroyed and Im not keen on switching sims all the time just to remove it. Just the other day I had my sims go on a date to a restaurant (that I built) and literally half the restaurant was non-existent within 5 minutes! Finding this mod has basically saved me from going insane.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/el-npc-dont-with-38012599
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Also if you use mods, I believe I've used MCCC's tuner module to "Enable Scumbumbo Autonomy Scan". From there click the floor and "search all autonomous interactions". Enter a search word, like swipe, and hit OK. All interactions containing that word will show up, and you can click them to disable those actions. I think I have close to 250 interactions blocked by now.

It has saved my sanity.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    bootsguy wrote: »
    My Sims guests or visitors when they come inside the house they keep on swiping things or stealing things from my Sims house. How can I prevent this without sending them home?

One thing i dislike is the Paparazzi in this game, they always have to wear a shirt or a t-shirt with a jacket and glasses, they always have the Kleptomaniac trait as well, so when they visit a public lot, items start disappearing and before you realise it, there is nothing but the bare essentials on the lot, doesn't matter if it is a gym or a restaurant, that kleptomaniac trait shouldn't be on every paparazzi and neither should every paparazzi be wearing glasses either.

anyway, NAP or not, that many paparazzi out there with the kleptomaniac trait becomes too much at times.