Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 x Harry Potter

Hello!

This post was originally posted on the EA forum last year but it seems to have revived. A year later, a Star Wars pack is being made. It may not be for everyone but I think a Harry Potter themed pack would mould things over.

I copied this response below from another user and reworded it:

I guarantee that a Harry Potter expansion pack would be extremely popular and massively profitable; even people who don’t play The Sims would buy the game and start playing it purely for the HP expansion.
It would definitely need to be an EP, not a game pack, though. You could go to Hogwarts & if depending on the subjects excelled at, you could unlock certain branches of employment at the Ministry, or become a Professir once you graduated in that subject. You could start a club like The Order of the Phoenix or the Death Eaters. You could pick a side, to back Voldemort or fight for Muggle/Wizard community. If you got certain skills high enough, like transfiguration, you could transfigure normal stuff into more valuable things to sell them; if your legilimency skill is high enough, you can learn secrets about other sims, etc. There could be different Houses that would influence how you react to different sims and situations.
A Harry Potter expansion pack DEFINITELY needs to happen!”

Firstly, I know we have ROM and as much as I loved it at first, it got boring quickly as there wasn’t much too it? In my opinion.

I understand it would cost a few bomb but doesn’t EA own the rights to the Harry Potter games anyway? And I’m pretty sure they would earn profit as the HP community is bigger these days than it was 10 years ago.

There’s so much possibilities to create

Comments

• Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Everyone that I know that is a Harry Potter fan gave it up because of what the author said recently. They don't want anything to do with Harry Potter any more. I do not think it would go over very well at this time. A lot have canceled Harry Potter along with the author. I on the other hand can still love a product made by someone I disagree with. I can't go along with any the cancel culture that destroys or devalues anything that was created before the creator got canceled.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    JayGlover wrote: »
    A Harry Potter expansion pack DEFINITELY needs to happen!”

I could see it maybe as a GP, but not an EP. Anyway, never understood the appeal of Harry Potter. :neutral:
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited September 2020
    I don't think this would work when we already have ROM, though I'd have been interested prior to ROM. Also, as stated above, there is so much controversy around JKR this year that I highly doubt it would happen any time soon. Also, to be honest, it would be better to give the franchise the chance to "rest" for a while. I'm tired of all the controversy.

I am not a fan of other franchises coming into the Sims game anyway. I'd like more supernatural content for sure but definitely nothing that is too obviously tied to a major franchise or famous fantasy setting or series.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited September 2020
    as much as i like some parts of hp
    I do not want it in sims

because i just know it would get diminished to level " gryffindor is good slytherin is evil and kids have to save world while going to school" which is big nah to me

hp inspired stuff pack? perhaps.

but id like to keep major occult things outside of franchises cause its more versatile that way

and i don't think doing other franchises will help the anger that comes from making gp about franchise

people clearly want them to stop doing that
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    If would like a Harry Potter pack much more than a Star Wars pack.
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    Don't we already have a Harry- excuse me, Henry Potter stuff pack? I don't think those two universes would mesh very well... "Harry, you're a- me!"

Bad, bad jokes aside, I sincerely think the last thing the Sims 4 needs right now is a Harry Potter stuff pack. Bugs and glitches still need to be fixed and the Sims team has to be listening to their consumers, all of which simply... isn't happening. Until majority of the playerbase is made content with what is provided to us and the game isn't borderline unplayable, the last thing that should be on the Sims team's mind is another brand partnership.
  • Options
    Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I would adore a hp pack. But it is impossible as we already have a magic related pack. Nonetheless, the possibilities in a hp pack, would be endless. It would be great.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I can’t take another brand collab this year

Ask me in 2021 😬
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I’d like it!!
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Realm of Magic pretty much fits the bill for a Harry Potter pack if you ask me. Now I LOVE Harry Potter, do I want it as a pack though? Nope. I dont want the game to be relying on other franchises for new content. I want original, open-ended content that I can base my stories off of and create my universes. Not create stories that's already in established lore that you'd have to be in the fandom to fully appreciate.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I love Harry Potter and have the fanmade stuff pack in my game but I don‘t want another branded GP/EP. I‘d rather have a schools pack that lets us build our own school: name, building, curriculum, history, rules and lets us choose the students (human sims, magical sims, vampire sims, wealthy sims, smart sims, etc.)
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Yes please but as a spin off only (I think Star Wars should be a spin off too). I want to create my hufflepuff self, have classes, take the option subjects I want and tell my own hogwarts story. Too many hogwarts/Harry Potter games are for the Gryffindor/Harry storyline and taking Harry’s optional subjects. Personally I prefer newt’s story from fantastic beasts to Harry’s story. It should be a game that is totally flexible so people can tell the story they really want to.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited September 2020
    A School of Magic venue or pack would be lots of fun. Not necessarily Harry Potter, but with special building features like Hogwarts, and additional unlockable spells from the existing spellcaster and alchemy pack, plus more cauldron options and magical plants to harvest like the camping pack, and fantasy creatures like gargoyles, griffons, Pegasus and centaurs.

Also I would like to see an experimental at home chemistry set, small home microscope, and small home telescope. The science lab microscope looks like an electron microscope: I would like to see one where you put small glass slides with things like algae or amoebas. The observatory is too big and expensive to qualify as a telescope, a smaller cheaper version would be great.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    rpemhsrpemhs Posts: 1 New Member
    HARRY POTTER ON THE SIMS WOULD BE INCREDIBLE. Harry Potter is ALL over tiktok at the minute so loads of people would get it.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited September 2020
    I wouldn't get it because J.K. Rowling thinks I'm a woman just because I have two X chromosomes.
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    edited September 2020
    Nope. Sorry, I'm a massive HP fan, I have all the books and plenty of merchandise (both official and not), I've LARPed and table top RPGed HP but I don't want other franchises in the sims.

Bringing two different franchises together is a great way to p*ss off fans of both franchises. It would need an insane amount of work to mix well the different lores, habilities and characters in both and leave room for wholesome gameplay.

It doesn't mean that I'm against the Sims bringing in any kind of branded content, because I'm not. Having SW, Disney, HP, my Little Pony, Star Trek, etc. branded CAS (T-shirts, hoodies, scarves...) and BB (toys, models, bedsheets) would argueabe be cool but anything else should be a stand alone game (Sims Medieval).

The Sims Franchise has made amazing vampires, spell casters, aliens and more in the past without needing to force blend in Ann Rice, Terry Pratchet, Star Wars or any others. I'd rather Maxis team took inspiration from past successes than going to an entire different creation to include new content.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm...

I think I would prefer to have some other kind of occult sim before a new flavor of spellcasters but it could be a very fun pack. Personally I would probably have a lot of fun with it.
  • Options
    xDKxShadowHawkxDKxShadowHawk Posts: 11 New Member
    I could absolutely back a Harry Potter EP. Ive been a huge fan from day one and combining both would really bring huge amounts of people to the sims franchise.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I love Harry Potter, but I don't want branded stuff in the game. That's why I like when they do spoofs, like the Henry Puffer posters.
  • Options
    amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 52 Member
    edited September 2020
    So I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I do not want HP in my Sims. I do not want *any* thing that I like to be in the Sims. If I want to play a HP game, I will get a HP game. Maybe Sims could do like a side thing where they did a whole HP Sims game? But I don't want it like...half-done in my game.
    Trying to merge something that has such an extensive lore with a game that is...at its heart, very simple? Not a good look. Frustrating for Sims players, borderline offensive to fans of the fandom they're hijacking.
    LOVE references to things though! Like all of the references in TS3 to Arrested Development. Cute and subtle.
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I would love it and honestly think it would have been a better choice than star wars :neutral: I know half the harry potter fans already say they would hate it but honestly I would just be excited to have two of my favorite things brought together. All video games have bugs and glitches, you can't hate on every single pack because of it.... but at least there is a new harry potter game coming soon... incase ya'll haven't heard: Hogwarts Legacy. I'm pumped
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Also, Rowlings has allways been very hands on about everything concerning her franchise and is a vocal trans exclusive. I don't want the Sims to compromise to any external influence just to have my sims wearing Hufflepuff scarves and beanies.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I could live with it, but I doubt it’s a good idea and not because cancelling the author is now suddenly a trend.

It’s just too expansive. For that reason a HP GP would be based on a Themepark in Disneyland and...let’s be honest, most of us know how that could turn out...

I’d rather have a RoM update since right now kiddos can’t even learn or perform any simple form of magic.
    I’d like a house elf though.
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I wouldn’t like it. I don’t like the Star Wars pack because I’ve never been interested in anything to do with Star Wars. I guess I’m weird because I feel the same way about Harry Potter.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I would hate it.
    I know people might hate me for saying this, but I dislike Harry Potter in general, both the books and the movies. And I would also hate it in my game as well.
    The Star Wars pack was a travesty, and I wouldn't be surprised if a pack about Harry Potter would be just as bad.
    Besides, we already have Realm of Magic, so magic is over with.