Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Star Wars the best game pack ever for the Sims?

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    this pack has been horribly received and the reviews are almost all negative

Nope, the positivity thread is thriving and is 63 pages long with over 1600 comments. :)

It has almost twice as many comments as the complaining thread which was started around the same time. A third of the reaction on the trailer is likes, the trailer also has a similar amount of likes to nifty knitting. On twitter the Star Wars trailer also has twice as many likes as the Nifty Knitting trailer and the same amount of likes as Eco Lifestyle. Maybe in your bubble it's mainly negative but a very large number of less vocal players like the pack. Not saying I like the pack but a lot do.

I think one of the main reasons why this pack has got more of a positive reception from those who like it is because of the negativity. People who like it feel like they need to be louder to be heard over the cries of "WE want --- instead! Nobody wanted this!"

@Onverser Well then you should visit every other site and app that talks about it and you'll see the positivity thread is is only place on the internet where anyone says anything nice about this pack :lol:
    On twitter the Star Wars trailer also has twice as many likes as the Nifty Knitting trailer and the same amount of likes as Eco Lifestyle.

I've seen a lot of other people being positive on twitter they just get shouted over by the negative players.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I've actually seen some positive comments on YouTube and there's a lot positive on Twitter too. In fact more recently, since the initial hate seemed to die off after the release. It just depends where you look and what you choose to surround yourself with. I'm sure if I looked I could find all of the negative stuff too but that doesn't mean that the positive isn't there also. ;)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • simoleanfairysimoleanfairy Posts: 8 New Member
    Not at all. People seem to be dragging TS4 more than ever since this pack was announced. Of course what’s “best” would differ from person to person but I’ve seen a lot of people who say they’re enjoying it be like “it’s lacking...and I wish I could do...” and a whole other list of criticisms just to end it with “but despite all those shortcomings I still enjoy it :) “ so... definitely not the best from what I’m seeing.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Sims 4 Batuu goes well with Get to Work & Strangerville. It's weird & funny just like the
    Base Rocket Ships/Cowplant. Just like the
    Alien Abductions/Male pregnancies.
    And, just like the Motherplant/Minions zombies.

Basically, we've had weird & funny since 2014.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member

Nope, the positivity thread is thriving and is 63 pages long with over 1600 comments. :)

It has almost twice as many comments as the complaining thread which was started around the same time.

LOL whether the pack is good or not, these are some real politician numbers. “One third of people like us!” means TWO THIRDS DON’T

The Positivity thread may have double the posts, but it has 25% less views than the Complaints thread. 50% more content but a quarter less views is a curious metric. So the Complaints thread is either ranked higher on Google, is more relevant to the mood, or a smaller number of folks are talking amongst themselves in the Positivity thread. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Who knows maybe one day EA will have the rocks to release pack sales numbers so we can know once and for all!
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

It has almost twice as many comments as the complaining thread which was started around the same time.

LOL whether the pack is good or not, these are some real politician numbers. “One third of people like us!” means TWO THIRDS DON’T

The Positivity thread may have double the posts, but it has 25% less views than the Complaints thread. 50% more content but a quarter less views is a curious metric. So the Complaints thread is either ranked higher on Google, is more relevant to the mood, or a smaller number of folks are talking amongst themselves in the Positivity thread. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Who knows maybe one day EA will have the rocks to release pack sales numbers so we can know once and for all!

Good observations!

I've been on the positivity thread and it's a small group just talking amongst themselves. There some new ones but they write as if they've been here before....

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2020
    No, it's not the best in my opinion. When a pack can out do Makin' Magic, Superstar, and possibly TS3's Seasons, then it can toot it's horn. Until any pack surpasses Makin' Magic and Superstar, then no, none of them can live up to those standards. Any of them may have nice things about them I might like or not, but until Maxis can out do Makin' Magic and Superstar then no none of them are ever going to live up to those. The bar is high. ETA: I'm not talking about the theme but the gameplay and depth, in those packs and what made them very special. Look around, where do you see that these days? Not at such a high standard and or depth in complicated gameplay that takes some thought.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited September 2020
    I think Star Wars JtB was one of the greatest packs in the history of Sims 4.
    p0lif.jpg
    YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I am in no way opposed to this pack, but my personal all time fav is island living
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    My favorite changes depending on what I'm doing in game. :p
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    My fave Gamepacks:
    1. Vampires
    2. Realm of Magic
    3. Jungle Adventure
    4. Spa Day
    5. Star Wars
    6. Strangerville
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member

I am too lazy to check, but I wonder how many negative comments got removed, which never seems to happen to positive comments even in cases where the commenter is being rude. Wonder why that is?😔
    APotts wrote: »

I am too lazy to check, but I wonder how many negative comments got removed, which never seems to happen to positive comments even in cases where the commenter is being rude. Wonder why that is?😔

Out of 1700 comments we only had one poster make a couple of negative comments. Don't know if they were removed. Most simmers respect the boundaries.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

Because these threads are dedicated to either the positive or the negative of the pack, very few or none of the posters of either thread go to the other just to cause trouble. It think it’s been quite respectful overall.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

It has almost twice as many comments as the complaining thread which was started around the same time. A third of the reaction on the trailer is likes, the trailer also has a similar amount of likes to nifty knitting. On twitter the Star Wars trailer also has twice as many likes as the Nifty Knitting trailer and the same amount of likes as Eco Lifestyle. Maybe in your bubble it's mainly negative but a very large number of less vocal players like the pack. Not saying I like the pack but a lot do.

I think one of the main reasons why this pack has got more of a positive reception from those who like it is because of the negativity. People who like it feel like they need to be louder to be heard over the cries of "WE want --- instead! Nobody wanted this!"

@Onverser Well then you should visit every other site and app that talks about it and you'll see the positivity thread is is only place on the internet where anyone says anything nice about this pack :lol:
    On twitter the Star Wars trailer also has twice as many likes as the Nifty Knitting trailer and the same amount of likes as Eco Lifestyle.

I've seen a lot of other people being positive on twitter they just get shouted over by the negative players.

@Onverser Yes because they are a lot more :lol: seriously though. The numbers of people who like this pack compared to the people who don't like it are tiny.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

It's also the same people posting over and over.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?

Yes, we're having quite a bit of fun, our little group. 😊

If Makin' Magic came out in TS4 exactly like TS1's with all that, how many would buy it, rather than SW? I wonder.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited September 2020
    Cinebar wrote: »

If Makin' Magic came out in TS4 exactly like TS1's with all that, how many would buy it, rather than SW? I wonder.

I'm not sure I understand the connection but I would. I loved Makin' Magic! Maybe one of these days I'll get around to reinstalling TS.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited September 2020
    I wouldn't say it's the best pack ever, mostly due to its complete lack of integrating the other packs... especially the occult ones??
    Vampires barely even get to be vampires on Batuu (there's no way to drink blood?? or use powers??), and spellcasters can't cast spells at all!
    I literally needed a mod to fix those issues. Humiliating stormtroopers with vampiric abilities is actually hilarious, and they're cowards for not letting us do that by default.
    To me, The Sims is very much about the crossover potential, so not letting us do crossovers in this way is pretty dumb.

Anyway, personally I've had fun!
    I like the Star Wars aesthetics and items, as well as the little stories that pop up when your sims go on missions in the spaceships. The droids and lightsabers are great too, I love them.

JTB is definitely not for everyone, though. But I still think niche packs should be allowed to exist.

(personally i'd be even more excited if they came out with a pack that actually fleshed out actual sims alien lore... just let me see the rest of sixam please, let my aliens live there full-time, let their human disguise be completely optional, just.. a proper alien gamepack would be very appreciated. thanks)

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • jujusergiojujusergio Posts: 1 New Member
    gente eu não sei vcs estou decepcionada com esse novo pacote ,achei que faltou mais imaginação do criador,que poderia ter posto uma nova carreira de piloto ,corridas igual nos filmes , guerras da resistência contra o mal,com as naves,salvar a princesa ,mais emoção dirigir as naves,quem é fã do star was está decepcionado,além dos preços de jogos que não condiz com a nossa realidade,poder tentar lutar com os soldados dentro da nave inimiga,tantas coisas faltaram,decepção.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    No no no, Vampires is the best one, closely followed by ohh, let me pull a random one outta the hat, Jungle adventure, which again is followed by Strangerville. Because a mix of gameplay and CAS/BB.
  • Tunny1200Tunny1200 Posts: 18 Member
    Having played JtB I have to say it has limited repeat playability and left me flat and not wanting to play S4 anymore. As a huge Star Wars fan I have to say this pack was a huge mistake and has me seriously considering my future sims purchases.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Ahhh the feeling of freedom...the fresh air and finally stepping off your lot into the great unknown. The best pack ever...The Sims 1: Hot Date! 😍☺️
    Cinebar wrote: »

I'm not sure I understand the connection but I would. I loved Makin' Magic! Maybe one of these days I'll get around to reinstalling TS.

The connection was the header/title question of this thread. "Is SW the best game pack for The Sims" I took it to mean for the entire franchise since it didn't particularly ask for TS4. :D But if it means just a game pack, then no, my answer would change to either Vampires or DO would be the best game pack.