The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    @Allie281260 Welcome!
    @Tweety90 Also welcome!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Allie281260Allie281260 Posts: 5 New Member
    @Admiral8Q Thank you so much for the warm welcome xxxx
  • Tweety90Tweety90 Posts: 21 Member
    > @Admiral8Q Thank you!!
  • gobblin24gobblin24 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey there, I dunno if I’m in the right place but I just have a quick question and maybe a suggestion. So let me start by saying, I have been playing The Sims games, different versions, for a few years now. I’m a fan! On and off but I keep coming back, so thanks for keeping it entertaining. I noticed though, the addition of the Eco hub( village?! Sorry) is a great thing. But I question WHY does the lama zoom lady leave her van running for the entire 8 hours she pops in for..? Doesn’t that conflict with the eco/ environmental care the village provides? Is it possible to get her to turn her car off after arrival?! I mean not to be a whining waldo, but is it just me or does that not make sense?
    Thanks
  • MGGregorMGGregor Posts: 1 New Member
    HELP. I've been away from the game for a couple of years, due to technology issues. I've just returned recently. Previously, I was able to introduce multiple families/households to the neighborhood and they would interact with one another, falling in love, partying, fighting, growing up together, generally cross-pollinating. However, I find that now I am only able to play one family at a time and they ONLY interact with "factory set" Sims, not the ones I've created in other households. Am I doing something wrong? Or has this crucial element of Sims game play been lost? Please let me know if there is something I can change about how I'm playing the game to allow my Sims to interact with my other Sims, as well as the in-game characters. Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer guidance or enlightenment. :D
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    MGGregor wrote: »
    HELP. I've been away from the game for a couple of years, due to technology issues. I've just returned recently. Previously, I was able to introduce multiple families/households to the neighborhood and they would interact with one another, falling in love, partying, fighting, growing up together, generally cross-pollinating. However, I find that now I am only able to play one family at a time and they ONLY interact with "factory set" Sims, not the ones I've created in other households. Am I doing something wrong? Or has this crucial element of Sims game play been lost? Please let me know if there is something I can change about how I'm playing the game to allow my Sims to interact with my other Sims, as well as the in-game characters. Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer guidance or enlightenment. :D

Are you referring to Story Progression? Not available on this iteration without a mod, I believe.
  • JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member
    > @MGGregor said:
    > HELP. I've been away from the game for a couple of years, due to technology issues. I've just returned recently. Previously, I was able to introduce multiple families/households to the neighborhood and they would interact with one another, falling in love, partying, fighting, growing up together, generally cross-pollinating. However, I find that now I am only able to play one family at a time and they ONLY interact with "factory set" Sims, not the ones I've created in other households. Am I doing something wrong? Or has this crucial element of Sims game play been lost? Please let me know if there is something I can change about how I'm playing the game to allow my Sims to interact with my other Sims, as well as the in-game characters. Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer guidance or enlightenment. :D

If you want story progression there's a tonne of stuff you can do with the mod MC Command Centre here: https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/ but read the documentation and stuff. It takes getting used to but it's great for story progression.
  • Josephine04Josephine04 Posts: 1 New Member
    How can I start my own discussion!
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    gobblin24 wrote: »
    Hey there, I dunno if I’m in the right place but I just have a quick question and maybe a suggestion. So let me start by saying, I have been playing The Sims games, different versions, for a few years now. I’m a fan! On and off but I keep coming back, so thanks for keeping it entertaining. I noticed though, the addition of the Eco hub( village?! Sorry) is a great thing. But I question WHY does the lama zoom lady leave her van running for the entire 8 hours she pops in for..? Doesn’t that conflict with the eco/ environmental care the village provides? Is it possible to get her to turn her car off after arrival?! I mean not to be a whining waldo, but is it just me or does that not make sense?
    Thanks

That is sims mobile not sims 4
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
    How can I start my own discussion!

@Josephine04 you need to be a member to start your own discussion but if you tell me where you want me to put it and what you want it to be called I can make it for you
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Losieee wrote: »
    > @Mrosarro said:
    > I have a photo studio built on retail lot does anyone know how to get my photog sim moved in?

If you want a sim to "move in" on a lot you need to change it to residential lot!

Buy the cheapest empty lot (that's their home lot). Now have them go to work and just stay there. Do you have a living area for them there? Now its their work but they also live there. As for the small empty lot, just ignore it, pretend it doesn't exist.
  • llamagirl572llamagirl572 Posts: 3 New Member
    I have played sims 4 a long time now but just got my daughter her own account. We play on the same computer. My question is why if we have seperate accounts does her and my saved games show up on each other accounts? I have almost every pack, she has base game.
    I have played sims 4 a long time now but just got my daughter her own account. We play on the same computer. My question is why if we have seperate accounts does her and my saved games show up on each other accounts? I have almost every pack, she has base game.

Do you mean that you and your daughter have separate Origin accounts? For your account you have purchased most of the games and for her account you have purchased only the base game? However, you are both playing on the same computer?

I think that is probably because you are playing on the same computer, that you have downloaded the game files necessary to run the game and so this falls under one "game account" (wherever it has been saved).

Either, save your money and allow your daughter to play her own saves on your game or create a new account on the computer for her. A login, right after the computer starts...
    > @Alwe1507 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Do you mean that you and your daughter have separate Origin accounts? For your account you have purchased most of the games and for her account you have purchased only the base game? However, you are both playing on the same computer?
    >
    > I think that is probably because you are playing on the same computer, that you have downloaded the game files necessary to run the game and so this falls under one "game account" (wherever it has been saved).
    >
    > Either, save your money and allow your daughter to play her own saves on your game or create a new account on the computer for her. A login, right after the computer starts...

She has her own actual sign in when she plays. I am getting a new PC this week so I will let her play on the laptop that we are using now but didn't understand why her saved game is in mine and mine are in hers. She is special needs (30 years old) and will be playing alongside me after I get the new PC. I thought it would be fun. She always sits and watches me play.
    > @Alwe1507 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Do you mean that you and your daughter have separate Origin accounts? For your account you have purchased most of the games and for her account you have purchased only the base game? However, you are both playing on the same computer?
    >
    > I think that is probably because you are playing on the same computer, that you have downloaded the game files necessary to run the game and so this falls under one "game account" (wherever it has been saved).
    >
    > Either, save your money and allow your daughter to play her own saves on your game or create a new account on the computer for her. A login, right after the computer starts...

She has her own actual sign in when she plays. I am getting a new PC this week so I will let her play on the laptop that we are using now but didn't understand why her saved game is in mine and mine are in hers. She is special needs (30 years old) and will be playing alongside me after I get the new PC. I thought it would be fun. She always sits and watches me play.

Origin sign-in, or PC sign-in?
    @Alwe1507 she has her own origin sign in. I created her own account. That is why I don't understand why if we have seperate accounts, we have each others saved games when they are two different accounts.
    @Alwe1507 she has her own origin sign in. I created her own account. That is why I don't understand why if we have seperate accounts, we have each others saved games when they are two different accounts.

I'm no expert, but I think because the game installs to the computer and the save files are in user data, your daughter is able to pull those same files regardless of whose log in is in use...

Check your C drive. Is there two The Sims 4 folders? I think this can be found in the Origin folder. If not, you're probably playing the same game.
  • ThebeachloversThebeachlovers Posts: 2 New Member
    I would really like to know how to start a new thread here with my android phone... I see the pencil button at the bottom, but when I click it, it does nothing? I tried just commenting on an old thread, but got in trouble for it 😣
    I would really like to know how to start a new thread here with my android phone... I see the pencil button at the bottom, but when I click it, it does nothing? I tried just commenting on an old thread, but got in trouble for it 😣

@Thebeachlovers to create a thread you need to be a full member
  • the_red_simmerthe_red_simmer Posts: 36 Member
    [quote="EA_Mai;c-17444273"]I'll start! :) :

Building can be a bit scary at first. It takes some time to learn how to get the best of the game’s building tools so don’t get discouraged if your houses look like giant boxes or the roof is not quite how you were hoping for. Practice makes perfection![/quote]

I have been playing the Sims for a couple years now but only recently joined this forum! I never enjoyed building and I was never satisfied with my builds. I recently started watching How to Build YT videos and it has been a life changer! Also, shells are a great way to be creative without the pressure of creating an amazing exterior to your build!
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    I'll start! :) :

Building can be a bit scary at first. It takes some time to learn how to get the best of the game’s building tools so don’t get discouraged if your houses look like giant boxes or the roof is not quite how you were hoping for. Practice makes perfection!

I have been playing the Sims for a couple years now but only recently joined this forum! I never enjoyed building and I was never satisfied with my builds. I recently started watching How to Build YT videos and it has been a life changer! Also, shells are a great way to be creative without the pressure of creating an amazing exterior to your build!

Yes! Modifying an existing building while playing is how I started. Even though I now like building buildings (Redundant lol), it is frustrating without knowing how. It was mostly videos on youtube that got me into more that just placing a couch or a table. Asking others helped (and still does) when trying to do something but not sure how. Also, I have looked at other peoples builds and looking at things the person have done, I'm like: "Why didn't I think of that! Cool!" B)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• VentisquearVentisquear Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi! I only started with Sims yesterday - got my achievement for playing 5 hours just a moment ago. :D I love the game, but there's a thing, nothing too bad, but it still irritates me.

I created my sim, painstakingly dolled him up with 3 CC outfits in each category. And all was fine, until he got promoted in his job and got new clothes. Now he wears it the whole day, regardless what he's doing, and only changes in the outfits I chose for him when he goes to sleep.
    I checked it and that outfit is NOT one of the 5 in any category.

How can I make him wear what I want? Will he stop if I use a cheat to add more outfits, so that there are all 5 for everything? Can I stop the game from adding vanilla 'new clothes' as rewards?

Thanks a lot for your help! :smile:
    edited September 2020
    Hi! I only started with Sims yesterday - got my achievement for playing 5 hours just a moment ago. :D I love the game, but there's a thing, nothing too bad, but it still irritates me.

I created my sim, painstakingly dolled him up with 3 CC outfits in each category. And all was fine, until he got promoted in his job and got new clothes. Now he wears it the whole day, regardless what he's doing, and only changes in the outfits I chose for him when he goes to sleep.

How can I make him wear what I want? Will he stop if I use a cheat to add more outfits, so that there are all 5 for everything? Can I stop the game from adding vanilla 'new clothes' as rewards?

I dont think you can (i think you have to download a certain mod)

and I wish I could play sims for 5 hours

Welcome to the Sims4!

-There is a max of 5 outfits for each category. Yes. (Keep in mind it will randomly chose one of the up to 5 of that category when auto-changing into it)

-CC clothing doesn't affect anything.
    (If you get a weird crash-test dummy look with question-marks from a CC clothing, it's broken and should be deleted.) ;)

-The Sim (person) will wear their work cloths after getting home unless (like you said), going to bed, or other things like taking a shower/bath, doing exercise, going swimming, something that changes the clothing outfit automatically.

-You can click on the Sim (person) and change their cloths to whatever you want at any time. A menu pops up, you can filter categories, or let all the outfits load before choosing.

-To finish your question/topic/question, work outfits are special to whatever job/career the Sim has and is not part of the ones you set up. Easiest thing to do is just change them to whatever you want after they get home.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• ConfutusConfutus Posts: 113 Member
    Hi. I'm not really new to the Sims, but I am to the forums. There are a lot of quirks in the game, things that it seems you ought to be able to do, but it doesn't let you, and that aren't explained in the lessons. What's the best way to get tips on specifics?
    For instance, I'm trying to figure out what moods are best for certain activities; how to harvest fruit and flowers that don't grow in the neighborhood where I live, what is Flower Arranging, (Research shows that Daisies are good for it, but I find no other mention of it). Things like that. There are a dozen other curiosities that I don't remember offhand, but only crop up while I'm playing.