Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ts4 destroyed my ability to enjoy ts2

12345679...Next

Comments

• SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    @SimAlexandria

Those screenshots are great! The action in them looks very natural. I can’t imagine looking after all those toddlers in my game. Just having one of them is mayhem (so I naturally tend to skip that life stage :s ).

The first image had me chuckle because of my stupid sense of humor:

69ma10z.png
    The little toddler building a sandcastle with her dad has a dirty nappy. No one in the image seems to have noticed, except for that little guy on the far left. The stench appears to have affected his ability to think.

Hahahahaha! Yes, that's little Lloyd with the dirty nappy. His dad changed it right afterwards as it had just happened but I never noticed his stepbrother Corey covering his nose before!! That is hilarious!!!!

And it IS mayham but I usually handle the little ones just fine haha! Completing 100 baby challenge taught me a lot haha, and while I play them a lot, if my focus for the day happens to be an older sim, I'll just cheat up their needs to make it easy lol!!

@SimAlexandria He isn't actually. If you look closer you can see that he's not touching his nose, instead he's put his index finger against his lips, or maybe the fingertip inside his mouth, sucking on it.

It's a pity that Corey's thought bubble is empty, otherwise we probably would have gotten a better clue as to what exactly he had in mind when the screenshot was taken.

SVEysUt.png

Same pic enlarged to 150%:

fmWcSYw.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    SuzyCue72 wrote: »
    @SimAlexandria

Those screenshots are great! The action in them looks very natural. I can’t imagine looking after all those toddlers in my game. Just having one of them is mayhem (so I naturally tend to skip that life stage :s ).

69ma10z.png
    The little toddler building a sandcastle with her dad has a dirty nappy. No one in the image seems to have noticed, except for that little guy on the far left. The stench appears to have affected his ability to think.

Hahahahaha! Yes, that's little Lloyd with the dirty nappy. His dad changed it right afterwards as it had just happened but I never noticed his stepbrother Corey covering his nose before!! That is hilarious!!!!

And it IS mayham but I usually handle the little ones just fine haha! Completing 100 baby challenge taught me a lot haha, and while I play them a lot, if my focus for the day happens to be an older sim, I'll just cheat up their needs to make it easy lol!!

@SimAlexandria He isn't actually. If you look closer you can see that he's not touching his nose, instead he's put his index finger against his lips, or maybe the fingertip inside his mouth, sucking on it.

It's a pity that Corey's thought bubble is empty, otherwise we probably would have gotten a better clue as to what exactly he had in mind when the screenshot was taken.

SVEysUt.png

fmWcSYw.png

The picture has nothing to do with a stinking diaper, Sims in TS4 do that when they see something (such as art) so he is probably thinking about that weird sandcastle.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    SuzyCue72 wrote: »
    @SimAlexandria

69ma10z.png

SVEysUt.png

fmWcSYw.png

The picture has nothing to do with a stinking diaper, Sims in TS4 do that when they see something (such as art) so he is probably thinking about that weird sandcastle.

Aw thanks for blowing up the photo @SuzyCue72
    And thanks for the explanation @Cinebar
    Actually, yes I realised it wasn't to do with the diaper haha! It was just a funny coincidence that was pointed out that it looked that way while he stood behind them. In actuality in the game he was too far away to react to the diaper as he's not directly behind his sister either, but more diagonally back there and he didn't actually hold his nose, his hand just kept going in his sandcastle building and was not posed like this at all.
    If this doesn't apply to any playing TS4 right now, without any mods then ignore the challenge to play TS4 for several years without any mods. But if any mods installed make TS4 more like TS2 and TS3, then yes, mods and why you love TS4 does apply.

This description is just a peek at what players who love TS4 so much use to make it 'better' and more like TS2 and TS3. Note the bolded part. There are dozen others that people use for TS4 that does make TS4 more like TS2 and even TS3. As I pointed out above, without mods at all the vanilla game is as problematic as I just stated in my 'conversation' above with a Sim.

"MC Command Center (or Master Controller Command Center, MCCC) is probably the greatest mod for The Sims 4. It’s purpose is to expand the functionalities and story progression within The Sims 4. It comes with multiple options that tackle different functionalities: adjusting household bills, pregnancy behavior, time settings and many story progression mechanics. If there’s anything you’d like to tweak from the way The Sims 4 behaves – the MC Command Center mod can do it."

MCCC doesn't change sims personalities though, which is something I see a lot of earlier game fans are looking for.

But yeah I'll have to ignore the challenge cuz I've already passed it haha! I've def gone years without mods in Sims 4 and prefer Sims 4 though. i I'm more likely to try mods that make Ts2 or ts3 more like Sims 4 if there were any. I didn't know mods were a thing until 2017 and never tried them until 2018ish. So I never used mods in earlier versions of the game, but I also got (still get when I try to play every few months ish) bored very quickly on TS2 I couldn't really get into the game until TS4. Sure years ago I'd play it for a few days here, but then I'd be bored and need months long break before getting in another hour or two a day for a week type of sporadic play. It was fun but never drew me in like 4 does. Now AFTER trying sims 4 it's even worse for me. THe games all run fine on my computer but playing ts2 or ts3 now that I'm spoiled wth 4 has me bored to tears after an hour max and I shut it down. They were good games for their time, but for me they didn't age well. Maybe because I could never get super into them in the first place. I preferred Sim City to "The sims" until Sims 4 came out. (I still like Sim City a lot but Sims 4 has easily beat it to the top of my fav games list haha)
    edited September 2020
    If this doesn't apply to any playing TS4 right now, without any mods then ignore the challenge to play TS4 for several years without any mods. But if any mods installed make TS4 more like TS2 and TS3, then yes, mods and why you love TS4 does apply.

This description is just a peek at what players who love TS4 so much use to make it 'better' and more like TS2 and TS3. Note the bolded part. There are dozen others that people use for TS4 that does make TS4 more like TS2 and even TS3. As I pointed out above, without mods at all the vanilla game is as problematic as I just stated in my 'conversation' above with a Sim.

"MC Command Center (or Master Controller Command Center, MCCC) is probably the greatest mod for The Sims 4. It’s purpose is to expand the functionalities and story progression within The Sims 4. It comes with multiple options that tackle different functionalities: adjusting household bills, pregnancy behavior, time settings and many story progression mechanics. If there’s anything you’d like to tweak from the way The Sims 4 behaves – the MC Command Center mod can do it."

MCCC doesn't change sims personalities though, which is something I see a lot of earlier game fans are looking for.

But yeah I'll have to ignore the challenge cuz I've already passed it haha! I've def gone years without mods in Sims 4 and prefer Sims 4 though. i I'm more likely to try mods that make Ts2 or ts3 more like Sims 4 if there were any. I didn't know mods were a thing until 2017 and never tried them until 2018ish. So I never used mods in earlier versions of the game, but I also got (still get when I try to play every few months ish) bored very quickly on TS2 I couldn't really get into the game until TS4. Sure years ago I'd play it for a few days here, but then I'd be bored and need months long break before getting in another hour or two a day for a week type of sporadic play. It was fun but never drew me in like 4 does. Now AFTER trying sims 4 it's even worse for me. THe games all run fine on my computer but playing ts2 or ts3 now that I'm spoiled wth 4 has me bored to tears after an hour max and I shut it down. They were good games for their time, but for me they didn't age well. Maybe because I could never get super into them in the first place. I preferred Sim City to "The sims" until Sims 4 came out. (I still like Sim City a lot but Sims 4 has easily beat it to the top of my fav games list haha)

It's ok that you love TS4 more than the others. I would never discourage someone from the freedom to like what you want and have a different opinion. However, I also played TS4 bought several packs and one day I just decided I had enough of it, and uninstalled it. I returned to TS2 and still there after sixteen years. I understand people want things from the newer games in the older games, many times I wished TS2 had this or that from TS3 and or even TS4. Lol that's why I find cc that was extracted from those games and many others and put them in my game. lol

As far as mods to make TS2 more like TS4 or even TS3 there are plenty, such as the more walkbys and cars passing by mod on a Sim lot. True, those Sims only walk on the same sidewalk of the lot being played and all the cars passing by are only on one side of the street with that mod, however, it's the same as what happens in TS4, where we see Sims only walk on one side of a sidewalk and not across the street. But it's a great mod and one of the best imho. But it adds more immersion like in TS3 and TS4 to see busier streets. And it's a huge success by the fact no cars ever passed Sim lots in TS2. So, seeing all the type cars (and bussess and even cc autos/bussess etc.) passing by the Sim house is a huge deal to me. It's great. I have just recently built a row of houses that I turned into apartments, so I have dozens of Sims passing by that very long lot, including the neighbors in those apartments out on the sidewalks, (they often cross the wide street to make me think they are looking at the store fronts across the street) and many, many cars passing. It's just as immersive as TS4 in that way. So, if you love something (and it's fine you love TS4) you find a way to improve it and build it better than Maxis did. lol You find a way to bring as much immersion you can from other games, too, that bring in the dirty, grungy, and just plain gritty stuff from other games like FallOut and or SilentHill etc.

I undestand people wanted better 'imposters' (graphics) they saw across the street, but with the right installed trees and cc the houses or buildings across the streets and even further, can look as good as anything in TS3 or TS4 sometimes, you just have to know what you are doing and find those right things. Because we all know TS2's trees across the street are horrible but when you add in very good cc to replace those, man, you would know Maxis should have done better with those if they can look that great and clear from modders. Then you have to say, well, graphics are actually great in TS2 when you improve what Maxis failed to do with 'imposters'. (Probably due to performance on older machines). But these days high poly is no longer a problem when building the street lots to be seen from your Sim house.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

It's ok that you love TS4 more than the others. I would never discourage someone from the freedom to like what you want and have a different opinion. However, I also played TS4 bought several packs and one day I just decided I had enough of it, and uninstalled it. I returned to TS2 and still there after sixteen years. I understand people want things from the newer games in the older games, many times I wished TS2 had this or that from TS3 and or even TS4. Lol that's why I find cc that was extracted from those games and many others and put them in my game. lol

As far as mods to make TS2 more like TS4 or even TS3 there are plenty, such as the more walkbys and cars passing by mod on a Sim lot. True, those Sims only walk on the same sidewalk of the lot being played and all the cars passing by are only on one side of the street with that mod, however, it's the same as what happens in TS4, where we see Sims only walk on one side of a sidewalk and not across the street. But it's a great mod and one of the best imho. But it adds more immersion like in TS3 and TS4 to see busier streets. And it's a huge success by the fact no cars ever passed Sim lots in TS2. So, seeing all the type cars (and bussess and even cc autos/bussess etc.) passing by the Sim house is a huge deal to me. It's great. I have just recently built a row of houses that I turned into apartments, so I have dozens of Sims passing by that very long lot, including the neighbors in those apartments out on the sidewalks, (they often cross the wide street to make me think they are looking at the store fronts across the street) and many, many cars passing. It's just as immersive as TS4 in that way. So, if you love something (and it's fine you love TS4) you find a way to improve it and build it better than Maxis did. lol You find a way to bring as much immersion you can from other games, too, that bring in the dirty, grungy, and just plain gritty stuff from other games like FallOut and or SilentHill etc.

I undestand people wanted better 'imposters' (graphics) they saw across the street, but with the right installed trees and cc the houses or buildings across the streets and even further, can look as good as anything in TS3 or TS4 sometimes, you just have to know what you are doing and find those right things. Because we all know TS2's trees across the street are horrible but when you add in very good cc to replace those, man, you would know Maxis should have done better with those if they can look that great and clear from modders. Then you have to say, well, graphics are actually great in TS2 when you improve what Maxis failed to do with 'imposters'. (Probably due to performance on older machines). But these days high poly is no longer a problem when building the street lots to be seen from your Sim house.

Thanks :) Maybe I'll take a look next time I try out TS2 again, at least for the walkbys,I didn't even really think about that. I prefer my sims areas to be a bit quieter, countryish feel, so they don't feel like a city but TS2 is very quiet worlds so a small increase of walkby's might be nice. I don't think I'd want too many cars/busses kind of thing though.

I think the mods I'd be looking for would be to remove 1) THe Zodiac personality system 2) Deeper Personalities gone and 3) Remove the Attraction system. These are the big ones for me as far as making the earlier versions of Sims not as fun.

I don't mind low quality graphics though I do which Sims 2 was a bit more Clayified looking like Sims 4 but that's more art style than graphics. But that's not a big one for me, as I still have SIms 4 and so playing a diff looking game is okay too or else it's just the same thing and no point haha. It's mostly just the 3 things above. If you know of a mod that can do those, can you link me, either here or PM?

As for the other games fallout or silenthill I've never heard of them. I only play Sims and animal crossing haha
  • RBLamberthRBLamberth Posts: 12 New Member
    I've only played the sims 4 but looking on the the other games in the franchise the doublebed actually didn't seem like separate beds! Besides woohooing there's not much to the doublebed but it would really be amazing to see the sims 4 simmers cuddling while sleeping.

Thanks :) Maybe I'll take a look next time I try out TS2 again, at least for the walkbys,I didn't even really think about that. I prefer my sims areas to be a bit quieter, countryish feel, so they don't feel like a city but TS2 is very quiet worlds so a small increase of walkby's might be nice. I don't think I'd want too many cars/busses kind of thing though.

I think the mods I'd be looking for would be to remove 1) THe Zodiac personality system 2) Deeper Personalities gone and 3) Remove the Attraction system. These are the big ones for me as far as making the earlier versions of Sims not as fun.

I don't mind low quality graphics though I do which Sims 2 was a bit more Clayified looking like Sims 4 but that's more art style than graphics. But that's not a big one for me, as I still have SIms 4 and so playing a diff looking game is okay too or else it's just the same thing and no point haha. It's mostly just the 3 things above. If you know of a mod that can do those, can you link me, either here or PM?

As for the other games fallout or silenthill I've never heard of them. I only play Sims and animal crossing haha

There might be some, but mostly what I do know only enhances all those personalities. Those are the whole point of a better personality than TS4 Sims to so many who love TS2.

There might be some, but mostly what I do know only enhances all those personalities. Those are the whole point of a better personality than TS4 Sims to so many who love TS2.

Yeah it might be hard then, as it's why I dislike Sims 2 and prefer 4. I probably won't find one then, but it's okay :) Thanks anyways.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    There's a lot of gameplay I miss from Sims 2, but the OP pretty much covered some of the main reasons I can't go back. Every time a sim aged up you had to go out of your way to go to a store because they invariably aged up into something awful, which required you to endure the loading screen twice and play the same hours of the day twice. And then playing the same hours twice meant that your sim was exhausted in the early evening and you sent them to bed, then they'd wake up at an ungodly hour and you couldn't send them back to bed because their energy wasn't half empty.

Also the routing issues! I went straight from 2 to 4 and the first day I played 4 I was so grateful they had decided that clipping would be less annoying, because it is so much less annoying than constantly dropping the queue for every little routing issue. Nowadays they just drop their queue for no reason whatsoever, so that advantage has gone down a bit.

There are a ton of little conveniences, like paying for groceries at the fridge and pulling a baby bottle out of their pocket instead of dragging the baby to the fridge, etc. For those of us who don't require a lot of chore simulation to enjoy a life simulator, they're really nice changes that let me focus on the parts of the game that are more fun than realistic.

But oh I really want my hair salons and to own a bar and the toymaking bench and the sewing machine and the pottery wheel and the dance bar and university that worked with rotational play and didn't take half the sims' adulthood, not to mention tag, playing catch, hacky sack, cops and robbers, red hands, slowdancing, snuggling in bed, the old make out animations... Also the attraction system was nice, and some of the autonomy was better than what we have now. I can't quite go back because of the things above but I miss so many things...

And for my personal preferences, the huge positives of the Manage Household options outweigh the inability to edit worlds for me, but I do miss being able to place lots and decide what size they would be... but also I like being able to delete any townie I want at any time without messing up my save, or editing the townie households without having to play them.

Basically 2 and 4 are my favorite versions of the game and if I could get a merged versions that contained my favorite aspects of each that would be great.
    edited September 2020
    For awhile I was really lazy in TS2 and used MaryLou and Numenor's Coat Rack to get free clothes at home. Mainly because I was doing a lot of machinima several years ago. But after I went back to TS2 (after TS4) I decided I wouldn't be so lazy and get free Sim clothes. I started to go ahead and buy clothes for my Sims who I was going to age up before they got to that stage. I was planning ahead. :D

I made events out of it. Like if Carolyn was going to age up (or I was going to rush it and age her up) I would send Mrs. Johnson (housekeeper) or her mother or maybe even her uncle to get her some new clothes while they were out looking for something new for themselves, or maybe I would think it was a birthday present for her. lol TS2 is great that I can buy anybody some clothes (ages) no matter which Sim I'm shopping for at the time. (Except townies unless you move one in). So, long story short Mrs. Stoddard sent Mrs. Johnson shopping for groceries and some new outfits for her daughter, Carolyn, before her birthday. :)

Sims in TS2 are tired (because they wake up autonomously at 6:00 A.M.) if they have a long day of school and work and sometimes even part time jobs after school. I decided coffee was their friend. Some pots offer more energy than others. I know I was very annoyed coffee in TS3 or maybe it was TS4 didn't raise energy. But it does in TS2. So there is always a pot in my Sim houses.

Kids are a little harder, since they were almost always tired and really low on fun (they must hate school) by the time they got out of school. I would make them go to bed or take a nap in a quite room or even better use a recliner and get them up around 6 p.m. for dinner and to get some homework help which would speed up the next time they had to do it alone. But homework always lowers fun for kids. So, to combat this I figured out kids have fun at different speeds. If they are serious they prefer to read books, (it fills faster with books) if they were playful they had more fun (faster) if they played a game with another child and or with an adult. Such as dance on shoes, or cops and robbers. If they were somewhere in between playful and serious there were other things such as use the swing that could build fun faster. But toys only offers one or two points for fun so yeah, fun was going to build a lot slower for everyone. Playful Sims actually enjoy more the kid Tv shows on the Tv and the better the Tv the faster it goes.

Concerning Sims waking up late into the night/morning, I let them get up and finish whatever it is they need to do, a quick nap before work and or school worked wonders. I didn't let them rush out of the house an hour before scheduled. Nope, they finished their breakfast, they finished their homework, or they got in a few more zzzs.

And finally after they are all at school or work or whereever (some just go for a spin in the car for awhile) Mrs. Johnson can do her dutites and make the beds (Immersion is Everything) clean up the dirty dishes and start her routine of cleaning the commodes and calling a service Sim to repair a broken shower. She will go ahead and 'make' a group meal for dinner that night, she will work on her own hobby, talk to a few friends on the phone, and sew herself a new dress. But sometimes, she sneeks into Roger's study and knocks back a few of his finest juices and takes a nap in his reclyner. lol :D And the very best part of all this to me is, she can go to a community lot and do whatever she feels like, then come back home and it still mid moring and get her chores done. No one had to ever know she was out having fun, lol, and the house will be all neat and clean again by the time they get home and time for dinner. Some will go wait for food until she serves it, and some will not come to dinner if they are on that silly pc but have to be made to go eat, but once that is done, she may retire very early since she needs to get up early to make sure there is enough food left for a group meal for breakfast.

David is a different story, he torments others, aggravates others, and always pulling pranks. His homework suffered until I added a governess to help him with homework. The great thing about TS2 is if a kid has a grade B+ or A they don't have to do it for several days if I just can't find the time. Vickie will help him on the weekend to get all caught up between taking him to the movies (works great in TS2 to build a theater) and parks etc.

This family is not the bowling type but in TS2 I love I can pick a day and take a managed group of Sims to go bowling on Thursdays. Or maybe even out to a movie, and or they can all eat at some dive restaurant and or greasy spoon where they can also dance and play pool and many other things not in TS4. Sam and Maggie (his daughter) can always been seen bowling with their group and or at least headed that way and or down at the local diner. I didn't even need TS4 for 'groups' to do this years ago. It's very nice they added groups in TS4, but I had to buy a pack to do that. I could already have a timed outing in TS2 and or just a group activity for fun , asking anyone to join it, for my Sims and their friends to go do anything they can do. And David is enjoying my parks even better, lol, since I added TS3's balloon, lol, 'I'm on top of the world, ma.' heehee.
    Post edited by Cinebar on