Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Star Wars the best game pack ever for the Sims?

PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
Consindering the response from the ones who have played this pack and the feedback delivered, has there been more enthusiasm for any other pack?
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Lol this is another example of when all publicity is not good publicity.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    No, that would be TS 2 Free Time. 👍
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    That's an interesting question. I know that I and many of the supernatural players were crazy enthusiastic when the Vampires pack was announced. At that time, a lot of people on the forums were still ranting about there being no toddlers in the game, so they were trying to trash the pack and the mood. Then, within a week, toddlers dropped without warning and suddenly we were allowed to enjoy things again, lol. I think that was the only time that just about everyone was happy about something. :p

That was a really good week.
    #Team Occult
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2020
    No, that would be TS 2 Free Time. 👍

TS2 Freetime is amazing but my favs are still Open For Business, Seasons and Nightlife/Late Night.

Also, no idea what you are talking about OP. Never in my life have I heard of any Cheese Wars pack.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • BuildingTheSimsBuildingTheSims Posts: 92 Member
    Im not too fond of any of the game packs. I actually prefer the EP's so far.
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > No, that would be TS 2 Free Time. 👍

That EP had a really good concept. My favorite. Hobbies. Thats something sims 4 is lacking. Right now, all i need is hobbies, attraction system, likes and dislikes, fears, more personality , another world with more lots to build on and more family play expansions. Then ill be good satisfied enough with sims 4. Also, some much needed build mode advancements.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    What 🤔
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    Any pack that's niche is a bad pack.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Lol, no <3
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    I’m enjoying the pack and it’s obvious that a lot of work and effort has been put in recreating Batuu, and in tiny details like droids, and build mode, and lightsabers. Yet I don’t think it’s the best, not even for Star war fans, because there is something that seems to be missing. Vampires and Realm of Magic gave two wonderful life states with a full set of powers and ranks, and whole editable worlds. Same as Jungle Adventure, with rental lots and hidden places to discover, and the world is equally luxurious. And even Strangerville! Despite the linear storyline, having so many residential and community lots for a game pack gives you a more open play style. You can either uncover the mystery or play on your own way. In Batuu this is more difficult because of the many rabbit holes, and the lack of editable community and residential lots. Besides, the lack of integration with other packs doesn’t help. Now we have two kind of aliens: real ones from Sixam, with double form and powers, and mask-wearing Batuunians that cannot travel to other worlds. And some of those masks don’t cover their whole skin.

I always love to search for new builds everyday on YouTube and Twitter, and couldn’t helping but notice that very few people is daring to renovate Batuu, something that didn’t even happen with Evergreen Harbor. If so, they are moving to Oasis Springs to create their own fully-playable Star Wars world.

Please don’t get me wrong. I love the pack and I’m having a blast with all its tiny details, but I would appreciate if the upcoming packs did have a more open play style, integrated with other packs, like they used to have.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I bought the pack & I'm pretty much enjoying it. Maybe not the best, but, like all other packs, it's a good pack. I tend to find something that I could enjoy in each pack, because sometimes, we can't see what others see in it. I always set priorities in purchasing any add on. There's what I need & what I want. So, mostly what I want will be bought at discounted rates. ;)

I would say the best one would be the Seasons & Parenthood. It really does come with a good gameplay.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,402 Member
    edited September 2020
    HayleeSims wrote: »
    Any pack that's niche is a bad pack.

With so many packs available, I think there should be room for a niche pack every now and then. It can be an interesting experiment. Niche does not necessarily mean bad. If you are interested in that particular niche topic, it can mean more than 10 main stream packs combined. And for game packs it is easy to avoid one niche pack you are not interested in without missing out on other features.
    However I think for the sims franchise it would be good if the next pack is not niche but very main stream.
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    From TS1, is hard to say, a hard tie between Living Large, Vacation and Making Magic.

Sims 2, Free time is good but for me is a tie between OFB and University.

Sims 3 is World Adventures to me for sure.

Sims 4, I’m still waiting for a big awesome pack that will give me the joy I miss so much from those above, until now is City Living.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited September 2020
    It’s safe to say that it’s definitely one of the - if not the most- controversial one(s).

I believe the hype, may it be positive or negative, started with the icon leak.

I’m not sure if there has ever been this high level of focus and speculation regarding a game pack for such a length of time ( over a month) before release.
    Many folks either dreaded the possibility of it being a Star Wars pack, or a visible minority hoped it was true.
    The already existing hype was just amplified once the Star Wars bomb dropped. Those who dreaded it got more vocal in their hate for it, those who were enthusiastic made sure to be just as vocal in their enjoyment for it. It went both ways. I believe some folks were excited for it at first, but showed disappointment due to its content, others were on the fence but enjoyed it once they got it.

There will be no less hate for it than before, until something is released that “everybody” asked for. Then perhaps folks are able to calm down and move on again.

Those who do like JtB enjoy sharing their enthusiasm for the pack on this forum with the minority of players who already expressed excitement for it when it was only speculation. Those people seem to be still more present on the forum.
    Most of the ‘haters’ are just tired and stopped engaging in discussions.

This however doesn’t mean that the pack is overal the best gamepack ever just as much as it doesn’t mean it’s the worst, only because the vocal majority says so.

It’s certainly one of my favorites. 😇
    The Star wars pack has some very nice CAS items. I love all of the hairs.

I truly think even the ones that are recognized as star wars hairstyles look normal and pretty. Especially the elegant looking bun.

I like the pack for that alone. And ill take a look at BB later.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    this pack has been horribly received and the reviews are almost all negative

Nope, the positivity thread is thriving and is 63 pages long with over 1600 comments. :)

It has almost twice as many comments as the complaining thread which was started around the same time. A third of the reaction on the trailer is likes, the trailer also has a similar amount of likes to nifty knitting. On twitter the Star Wars trailer also has twice as many likes as the Nifty Knitting trailer and the same amount of likes as Eco Lifestyle. Maybe in your bubble it's mainly negative but a very large number of less vocal players like the pack. Not saying I like the pack but a lot do.

I think one of the main reasons why this pack has got more of a positive reception from those who like it is because of the negativity. People who like it feel like they need to be louder to be heard over the cries of "WE want --- instead! Nobody wanted this!"
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,402 Member
    It’s safe to say that it’s definitely one of the - if not the most- controversial one(s).

I believe the hype, may it be positive or negative, started with the icon leak.

I’m not sure if there has ever been this high level of focus and speculation regarding a game pack for such a length of time ( over a month) before release.
    Many folks either dreaded the possibility of it being a Star Wars pack, or a visible minority hoped it was true.
    The already existing hype was just amplified once the Star Wars bomb dropped. Those who dreaded it got more vocal in their hate for it, those who were enthusiastic made sure to be just as vocal in their enjoyment for it. It went both ways. I believe some folks were excited for it at first, but showed disappointment due to its content, others were on the fence but enjoyed it once they got it.

There will be no less hate for it than before, until something is released that “everybody” asked for. Then perhaps folks are able to calm down and move on again.

Those who do like JtB enjoy sharing their enthusiasm for the pack on this forum with the minority of players who already expressed excitement for it when it was only speculation. Those people seem to be still more present on the forum.
    Most of the ‘haters’ are just tired and stopped engaging in discussions.

This however doesn’t mean that the pack is overal the best gamepack ever just as much as it doesn’t mean it’s the worst, only because the vocal majority says so.

It’s certainly one of my favorites. 😇

You definitely make an interesting point with the leak. Everyone already had an opinion, positive or negative for quite a while before the pack was announced. So people were ready to voice their opinion. Perhaps it would have been different without a leak, or with EA addressing the leak instead of just ignoring it.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    The best? Probably not but we haven't seen sales numbers either. I certainly love it. Best is a matter of opinion though. Personally, Vampires is still my fav but Star Wars is giving Strangerville and Dine Out a run for their money on my personal list for coming in second place. It's certainly had the least amount of bugs I've encountered.

I think it's one of those things where you will either love or hate it. It's definitely a niche pack, not everyone will like it and some will find a few things within it to like, even if they don't like the overall theme.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

Nope, the positivity thread is thriving and is 63 pages long with over 1600 comments. :)

It has almost twice as many comments as the complaining thread which was started around the same time. A third of the reaction on the trailer is likes, the trailer also has a similar amount of likes to nifty knitting. On twitter the Star Wars trailer also has twice as many likes as the Nifty Knitting trailer and the same amount of likes as Eco Lifestyle. Maybe in your bubble it's mainly negative but a very large number of less vocal players like the pack. Not saying I like the pack but a lot do.

I think one of the main reasons why this pack has got more of a positive reception from those who like it is because of the negativity. People who like it feel like they need to be louder to be heard over the cries of "WE want --- instead! Nobody wanted this!"

@Onverser Well then you should visit every other site and app that talks about it and you'll see the positivity thread is is only place on the internet where anyone says anything nice about this pack :lol:
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • StrawberryNightmareStrawberryNightmare Posts: 61 Member
    edited September 2020

@Onverser Well then you should visit every other site and app that talks about it and you'll see the positivity thread is is only place on the internet where anyone says anything nice about this pack :lol:

Yes, visit Reddit. You think the negative thread here was bad oh honey that’s gonna blow your mind. 🤣

*Disclaimer* if you’re of a delicate disposition I don’t recommend going there. I don’t want to be responsible for a hate induced aneurism.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

Yes, visit Reddit. You think the negative thread here was bad oh honey that’s gonna blow your mind. 🤣

Or YouTube, or Instagram, or Twitter...
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited September 2020
    Guys you should come and visit the positivity thread some time. We’ve got plenty of hot sims walking around on Batuu. They’re a feast to the eye, unlike the aliens walking around the negativity threads.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I think the problem with the community is that so many simmers post their opinion on a pack that they did not play. It's of course hard not to get involved, but I think a lot of the negative feedback comes from ppl who don't own the pack. So my understanding is that the critics rather were hoping for something else, than that the pack is a bad one.
    Watching a YT vid should never be confused with playing a game yourself.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg