The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular Opinions (Off Topic Version)

Comments

• Serious_sims_gamer43Serious_sims_gamer43 Posts: 523 Member
    My unpopular opinion is space isn’t that cool oh and cheese is gross (sorry cheese lovers)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    I find today's popular music absolutely uninteresting.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,754 Member
    I can't watch/ read/ play any games involving anything that contains gritty, realistic human suffering or horrific real life crimes as it makes me depressed.
    I don't judge anyone else's tastes but have to admit I struggle to understand why, when there are so many horrible things happening in the world already, would one want to seek more images of horrific suffering in a fictional context?
    In fact, if it's not a comedy or containing fantasy elements, most of the time I prefer stories aimed at children/ families (with the exception of the film Watership Down, which I watched as a child and found utterly disturbing. No way should that film be a U certificate!)
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited September 2020
    I can't watch/ read/ play any games involving anything that contains gritty, realistic human suffering or horrific real life crimes as it makes me depressed.
    I don't judge anyone else's tastes but have to admit I struggle to understand why, when there are so many horrible things happening in the world already, would one want to seek more images of horrific suffering in a fictional context?
    In fact, if it's not a comedy or containing fantasy elements, most of the time I prefer stories aimed at children/ families (with the exception of the film Watership Down, which I watched as a child and found utterly disturbing. No way should that film be a U certificate!)

That actually makes me more interested in stories. I don’t know why but I’d like there is torturing or something in a story it makes me have to know what happens next so I get really into it.

An unpopular opinion of mine is I hate Chinese food (the kind in America. Never had real Chinese food). Idk why. Egg rolls are good but that’s it. Fried rice, orange chicken, sweet and sour chicken, egg drop soup. It’s all gross to me
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited September 2020
    Oh, what a deliciously inappropriate thread, precisely my cup of tea - which I don’t like; or people who seems to think it encompasses some sort of identity when stating it as an interest. And disliking food courses from the chinese kitchen is just so very common now, that I'm unsure if it counts as an unpopular opinion; but it certainly is inappropriate - and I don't either, having been to too many restaurants of that kind with picky vegan friends making me completely detest the food out of boring repetition.

I deeply dislike when players say they want family play, partly because I have no idea what they mean, the game being made for it, and it therefore not being an uncommon way of playing - but mostly because conservative people always seems to think just that, that they are a vulnerable minority attacked from all corners of their squares; when in fact they are the grasshoppers of the world.

Oh, that felt nice.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    My unpopular opinion is space isn’t that cool oh and cheese is gross (sorry cheese lovers)

Cheese is the worst
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
    Oh, but that is cheating.
    Oh, what a deliciously inappropriate thread, precisely my cup of tea - which I don’t like; or people who seems to think it encompasses some sort of identity when stating it as an interest. And disliking food courses from the chinese kitchen is just so very common now, that I'm unsure if it counts as an unpopular opinion; but it certainly is inappropriate - and I don't either, having been to too many restaurants of that kind with picky vegan friends making me completely detest the food out of boring repetition.

I deeply dislike when players say they want family play, partly because I have no idea what they mean, the game being made for it, and it therefore not being an uncommon way of playing - but mostly because conservative people always seems to think just that, that they are a vulnerable minority attacked from all corners of their squares; when in fact they are the grasshoppers of the world.

Oh, that felt nice.

Tea is disgusting
    The word poop isnt funny
    The word poop isnt funny

Nobody thinks that word is funny unless they are younger than 10 years old.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    edited September 2020
    I also find most of today's entertainment "shown on TV" peurile. If I want entertainment, I make my own. In fact if it weren't for my wife, I wouldn't even own a TV.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    I find today's popular music absolutely uninteresting.

Ugh, I don't want to be that person that says today's music isn't good, but it just isn't IMO. I can't tell the difference between any of the pop stars because they all sound the same to me, even down to the beats. The rap/hip-hop genre now is just catastrophic.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I don't like romance in movies where it serves only to be a distraction.

I watched the Back to the Future 3. The romance between Doc and Clara seemed so unnecessary, and like the only reason for it to exist was the writers couldn't think of a better way for Doc to give the lesson that "your future isn't written". I also hate that it undermines Doc's moral about using time travel for personal gain and he suddenly doesn't care for any consequences (and of course, they're just written off for a happy ending).
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
    edited September 2020
    Not to mention that romance is usually the only reason for women, or should I say The Only Woman, to be present in Hollywood productions.

I dislike quoted posts in forums, I think it is very disrupting when reading the thread to have to scroll past text I have already read through. I don’t understand why having a 'teen-rated' forum automatically means that everyone have to act like said Hollywood productions repeating what happened 10 minutes ago as if we all had some lapse in our cognitive processing having to have everything already said regurgitated to us as if from a bird parent.

I also find it unclear why quoting is necessary for an adult with the ability to express themselves with own words; and it is also often unclear what and why something is quoted when a long text is not deconstructed.

It is of course also rude, words belong to the one stating them, and to restate them means something in itself; so when a clear reason for doing so is lacking, it automatically signals mocking. Which, by the rules of this forum, is not allowed.
    If my ps4 didn't need a tv for me to use it I would dislike TVs
    PE is horrible (except when we do dodge ball)
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I'm gonna open the can of worms here -

PINEAPPLE AND PIZZA
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    I'm gonna open the can of worms here -

PINEAPPLE AND PIZZA

An amazing combo.

*Puts up shield*
    captain-america-shield.gif

I'm ready!
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited September 2020
    Online and offline are two different worlds.

Most people never mature (that opinion comes from all experiences on social media).
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
    The original Aladin movie is boring
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,427 Member
    The difference between criticism and censorship depends on the size and durability of your own ego.

The OG Aladdin is a classic! It’s the second best Disney Princess movie and it’s up there in Disney movies in general. The new one is nothing compared to it.
    Mouselline wrote: »

The OG Aladdin is a classic! It’s the second best Disney Princess movie and it’s up there in Disney movies in general. The new one is nothing compared to it.

That is why it is s an unpopular opinion
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    This is apparently a common opinion whenever I see it brought up, but I think blood doesn't taste good at all. Yeah I know the irony
    I feel like people who say that only tasted a drop of it instead of something like a waterfall going down your throat via nosebleed.
    EMrBkJP.png
    Fortnite is awesome