Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shorten Mourning Period

I'm playing in an overstuffed house with pets and a bunch of small animals. Animals and Elders die. I understand that. It's part of the circle of life. Unfortunately, with so many sims in the house, loosing a bird, then a dog, then a lizard, then grandpa, then turtle, then . . . you get the idea. My Sims seem to be in a constant state of mourning. Is there a way to shorten the Mourning period?

I know I can use the moodlet manager or testingCheatsEnabled true and Ctrl+click to remove the moodlet, but that feels a little cold and cruel. Mourning in appropriate, but, with so many Sims, I need it to be shorter.

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    They can console and cheer up other sims to lessen the moodlet, but that's all I know.
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    I'm playing in an overstuffed house with pets and a bunch of small animals. Animals and Elders die. I understand that. It's part of the circle of life. Unfortunately, with so many sims in the house, loosing a bird, then a dog, then a lizard, then grandpa, then turtle, then . . . you get the idea. My Sims seem to be in a constant state of mourning. Is there a way to shorten the Mourning period?

I know I can use the moodlet manager or testingCheatsEnabled true and Ctrl+click to remove the moodlet, but that feels a little cold and cruel. Mourning in appropriate, but, with so many Sims, I need it to be shorter.

@MadDoctor61 Give all, or some of, your sims the Stone Hearted Lifetime reward.

m1UeZdE.png
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited September 2020
    The Cheaty McCheaterson way of doing it. CTRL-Shift Click on the moodlet is pretty much the only way that you can still do a short period of mourning then cut it off. There may be a way of doing it via NRAAS Retuner, but I'm not sure on that.

Just checked. https://www.nraas.net/community/chatterbox/topic2745 - not possible without s3pe and adjusting the Buffs XML which isn't accessible through Retuner.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited September 2020
    Oops wrong section 🙃🙃🙃
    Post edited by popstarsley on
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @popstarsley - Sorry, but as you mention the emotion system that sounds like a TS4 thing? This is the TS3 section of the forum, where we don't have that particular feature to work through. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Oops hard to tell when browsing Recent Discussions tab on mobile.