Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Blackwell Chronicles (On Hiatus)

Comments

• lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    I don't think I am going to look at Morgyn quite the same after this chapter, lol. They will forever be dancing around with a feather boa in lingerie, luring people to bed with their singing.

On a more serious note, Morgyn is very superficial, everything they do is for show. I wonder if despite all their outward confidence, that they are actually hiding a very deep insecurity about themselves. I also think Morgyn is probably going to the ruin for other reasons besides Cordelia and is just using her as a cover.

I feel bad for Cordelia. She's really been through some traumatic things in her life, and Morgyn just adds salt to the wound. It's amazing that she is holding it together so well. She does have Dandy and now Micah is turning out to be a pretty good housemate and maybe a potential friend? I'm not sure if he would even consider a friendship with Cordelia at this point. He seems to want to keep everyone at a distance and considering his past; it makes sense.
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited September 2020
    @lone_cat
    I love it! I adore Rocky Horror Picture Show, so I highly approve of this visual. And yes, Morgyn could definitely pull off a great Frank-N-Furter. They definitely are a hot dog. Or a potato, depending who you speak to *cough*Yimi*cough*
    Morgyn is very superficial, everything they do is for show.
    Definitely!

And that's an interesting theory you've got there, I think that's a new one! :) I love seeing people's speculations.

Cordelia is a bit of a mess, but you're right, considering everything, she's actually holding up remarkably well. She's a strong one.

And yes, Micah does try to do that. He's an interesting character, I'm glad you like him.
    @DeafSimmer
    Cordelia rules with her heart, not her reason. Even though she kind of tried to account for the latter here. And failed colossally, haha.
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Chapter 40
    Plumbob, why do you do this to us? :D

What are the odds that Morgyn runs into a Selvadoradian hottie halfway to the tomb and promptly forgets all about Cordelia? Wait, does Jungle adventure have mummies? Maybe Morgyn can be cursed by a mummy. I recon they'll be super interested in lifting curses then. :angry:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    Chapter 40

What are the odds that Morgyn runs into a Selvadoradian hottie halfway to the tomb and promptly forgets all about Cordelia? Wait, does Jungle adventure have mummies? Maybe Morgyn can be cursed by a mummy. I recon they'll be super interested in lifting curses then. :angry:
    There's skeletons. They're glittery and ceramic looking like a kaleidoscope smashed to bits and have those bits stuck all over them. Not sure if that tickles Morgyn's fancy.

Right. Any chance Cordy and Micah can get together (as friends) and find the support they need, then turn the tables against blondie? That'll be a dream come true.
    I don't see this ending well. Cordelia is going to get eaten by a jaguar or stung by a poison dart, while Morgyn gets distracted by something else, probably one of those Selvadoradan dancers. I really wish Micah was going because he seems like the most logical/responsible person of the group and would look out for Cordelia (at least I think he would). Oh well, it will be interesting to say the least. :)
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    I simply love reading all the comments as much as I love the story itself <3
    It's amazing and hilarious!
    I can not get enough of this energy and thirst for revenge :joy:
    lUtOtoTm.jpg
    Maybe I can contribute a komodo dragon?
    @_sims_Yimi & @mercuryfoam
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    Chapter 40

There's skeletons. They're glittery and ceramic looking like a kaleidoscope smashed to bits and have those bits stuck all over them. Not sure if that tickles Morgyn's fancy.
    I suppose glittery skeletons could be Morgyn's thing. They are confirmed to be into shiny things, after all. Also, perhaps it would give me a chance to finally get Bonehilda.

@mercuryfoam
    Right. Any chance Cordy and Micah can get together (as friends) and find the support they need, then turn the tables against blondie? That'll be a dream come true.
    I mean... nothing's impossible, I suppose? Though the two of them won't even be in the same location for a while now, with the jungle expedition.

@lone_cat
    Everybody witht he doomsday scenarios. Maybe they really will just enjoy some food and music and casually stroll by an ancient ruin, no biggie :p Micah joining along for the trip would definitely make for an interesting dynamic. Alas, it isn't possible to reach the temple within one night, and he doesn't own a portable coffin, so he'll have to stay in Glimmerbrook.

@MonaSolstraale
    Bhahaha yet another animal to add to the list. You guys kill me. :joy: Where do you expect me to find all of this wildlife CC?
  • mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    I simply love reading all the comments as much as I love the story itself <3
    It's amazing and hilarious!
    I can not get enough of this energy and thirst for revenge :joy:
    lUtOtoTm.jpg
    Maybe I can contribute a komodo dragon?
    YES! Then finish him off by boiling him in acid. (forget oil)
    @mypalsim1
    Gosh, and here I was worrying about Verena being bloodthirsty.
    @DeafSimmer
    Don't worry, she won't :D To be fair I don't think Cordelia is particularly "frilly," we've not really seen her in skirts or dresses much until now, I think she's just excited she can finally afford nice new clothes :) She will wear something else once they actually delve into the jungle.

Aww, thank you! I think "season one" will have around 80 chapters, but there will be a sequel afterwards :)
    edited September 2020
    Also, some outtakes:
    In case anybody's wondering why I continue to write Cordelia as super-obsessed with Morgyn...

EWgKheS.png

I'm sure Morgyn is loving this, but sheesh, personal space, Cordelia! She keeps doing this.

GVt6rtu.png

Even the vendor was questioning her sanity.
    Chapter 41
    Haha, Cordelia has it bad for the sage. Cordelia just hangs on Morgyn's every word. If I was her, I would not listen to Morgyn and stock up on supplies with some of the money she has. Doesn't hurt to be prepared, especially in an unexplored jungle. A machete at least or five (every time I play jungle adventures it seems like I'm always losing those darn things). But she's not me, and she puts a lot of trust in the sage. I have a feeling this is going to be a big misadventure.
    edited September 2020
    @lone_cat
    She really does. Oh I know, the number of machetes you go through in the jungle is crazy. I giess we'll have to wait and see how these two fare.

A misadventure involving supernaturals? I think you've fot that covered already :D Everything is fine and dandy here o:)
  • mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    LOL! Those outtakes were priceless!
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Hey, good to know you're still active! :) I'll check out your new story!
    Hi @Julyvee94 *waves frantically*

Yeah I've crawled out from under a rock recently. How are you doing? :)
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Ooooh I missed one!

Chapter 41
    Cordelia being excited about traveling to new places is adorable. A shame she’s not with Dandy or Micah or, well, anyone other than Morgyn at this point, haha. I’m so biased against them I’m starting to sound like a broken record.

I am worried about them actually taking her into the ruins, though. Morgyn is a powerful spellcaster who can probably hold their own against most things a dangerous ruin can throw at them, but Cordelia is not. And we’ve already seen that Morgyn is easily distracted and willing to leave her to her own devices. They did that at the von Haunt estate while knowing that a vampire was prowling around. I hope they don’t do the same here, but… well… it’s Morgyn.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi
    Whaaat, you, biased against Morgyn? I had no idea :D:p

So little faith. I'm sure it will all be totally fine... o:)
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Also, some outtakes:
    In case anybody's wondering why I continue to write Cordelia as super-obsessed with Morgyn...

EWgKheS.png

I'm sure Morgyn is loving this, but sheesh, personal space, Cordelia! She keeps doing this.

GVt6rtu.png

Even the vendor was questioning her sanity.
    Those outtakes. Morgyn's expression hahaha! :lol: That's kinda cute. And having someone breathing down your back is not comfortable at all. Cordelia is totally getting into character here. :joy:
    @mercuryfoam
    Haha Cordelia is always in character, she really could not make hanging on Morgyn's every word more obvious I'm afraid. She's such a derp :D She always likes to stand ridiculously close to Morgyn. Morgyn doesn't seem bothered by it - I'd imagine they're thinking something along the lines of "can't blame her, I am irresistable"