Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Ready for Sims 5

1235...Next

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    There'll be as many or more Sims 4 players left behind as there are Sims 2 and 3 so they'll have to get their players anew if it goes online.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Schmoloop wrote: »
    The thing about that is you're assuming Sims 5 will be better, which it may or may not be. I honestly just want a fun life simulation game. Sims 5 is going to be online and I don't understand why EAxis keeps trying to making the Sims online, all of the online Sims games have flopped so far. Hopefully whatever Sims 5 may be like, it's good/what their customers want.

That! That statement right there!

This is what I don't understand either. They wanted TS4 to be online and multi-player. The community and fans said No Way! So they scrapped that idea and then changed it to single person, but used the same game engine. Which is why TS4 is so limited compared to TS2 & TS3. I don't understand, if we didn't want online/multi-player 6 years ago, why do they think we suddenly changed our minds and would embrace it for TS5? Do they seriously think they've brought in that many new players over the last 6 years who would like that?

I am seriously no longer looking forward to TS5. I used to be super excited and so ready for it. But I'm not now. I'm just hoping that the new Paradox game releases soon and is a Life Sim game.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Schmoloop wrote: »
    The thing about that is you're assuming Sims 5 will be better, which it may or may not be. I honestly just want a fun life simulation game. Sims 5 is going to be online and I don't understand why EAxis keeps trying to making the Sims online, all of the online Sims games have flopped so far. Hopefully whatever Sims 5 may be like, it's good/what their customers want.

They seem determined to prove the classic definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited September 2020

This is what I don't understand either. They wanted TS4 to be online and multi-player. The community and fans said No Way! So they scrapped that idea and then changed it to single person, but used the same game engine. Which is why TS4 is so limited compared to TS2 & TS3. I don't understand, if we didn't want online/multi-player 6 years ago, why do they think we suddenly changed our minds and would embrace it for TS5? Do they seriously think they've brought in that many new players over the last 6 years who would like that?

@Chicklet453681 ^Exactly!! That's what I've been thinking.

I'm slowly not getting excited about a TS5 either. In fact, I'm starting to believe it won't happen...

It seems like anymore these days EA has become lazy and milks certain franchises for all they are worth (Staring at you Sims 4) rather than building something new and putting out recycled content calling it "New." (Madden anyone?) I'm afraid that's what will happen if there ever is a Sims 5 and it's heartbreaking. :(
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg